Fellow Disney Obesesed Packing ideas

Overexcited

DIS Veteran
Good Evening! As we sit here and look at the countdown at 46 days, I realize that my life becomes obsessed with packing and preparing for DISNEY!

It is not a bad thing in my mind to be prepared and exciting to work at. This weekend we changed banks, it has been a long time coming. The current credit union we use is very slow an outdated. They block the debit cards from being able to be used on file at Disney. This is not a only reason to switch, but seeing we have a trip around the corner it pushed us to do it now!
I find myself all summer with making purchases with the trip in mind (sneakers, t shirts).

So last weekend we got the luggage out to put in things we bought so I can easily locate it later.

How early do you prepare and pack?????

I pack the night before I leave. According to what day I'm leaving I do the misc. shopping as close to the day before. I'm not much of a planner and travel a lot so I've got the packing down pat.

We used to pack several weeks in advance, but then would realize that the kids would have nothing to wear in the interim :)

We now pack 2-3 days before we leave.

But I agree - the temptation to pack earlier is tough to fight. Prepping to me is essentially admitting that I don't want to wait until I get to Disney for the vacation to start!

I am 39 days out. I have purchased vacation specific clothes and accessories. I intend to start packing today :)
I will pack things like rain ponchos, glow sticks, princess costumes, and a few other items. I will start putting my granddaughter's daily outfits in big ziplock bags for easy,no mess attire decisions
Cuz, I too, am super excited! And I work full time so technically I only have about 10 packing days left... :hourglass

Good Evening! As we sit here and look at the countdown at 46 days, I realize that my life becomes obsessed with packing and preparing for DISNEY!

It is not a bad thing in my mind to be prepared and exciting to work at. This weekend we changed banks, it has been a long time coming. The current credit union we use is very slow an outdated. They block the debit cards from being able to be used on file at Disney. This is not a only reason to switch, but seeing we have a trip around the corner it pushed us to do it now!
I find myself all summer with making purchases with the trip in mind (sneakers, t shirts).

So last weekend we got the luggage out to put in things we bought so I can easily locate it later.

How early do you prepare and pack?????

You sound like us! About 3 months ago, everytime we go shopping, I usually buy something for our trip. I organized all our disney stuff, and made packing lists. We are still 32 days away.. ha.
Clothes 3.jpg
Yes, it was all clearance, so we aren't that crazy. :P

We used to pack several weeks in advance, but then would realize that the kids would have nothing to wear in the interim :)

We now pack 2-3 days before we leave.

But I agree - the temptation to pack earlier is tough to fight. Prepping to me is essentially admitting that I don't want to wait until I get to Disney for the vacation to start!
I can't start the clothes this early. For us when it hits Mid September and they are not wearing shorts as often, I may start some clothes packing!

These posts make me want to pack RIGHT NOW! But we aren't going anywhere for 5 months. :rolleyes2

I *should* look at the clearance stuff though... There won't be many shorts to buy in January.

My husband logged into Amazon last night, I had 12 items in the cart for Disney! Nothing too expensive. I was waiting until we are closer so I can ship some of it to Disney Directly.

I keep a standing Disney Bin that holds things that we use on each trip (park bags, matching outfits for the kids, organizers, etc.) It's about time to go through it and clean everything out for our next trip (65 days!) I tend to plan matching outfits for my boys, and shop for them throughout the year as I find cute things. We usually go in the off-season, so it's not too hard to pack up early, as we are in long pants at home for a good while before we head to FL. I like to lay everything out by child/day in rows to make sure I'm matching themes/parks/clothes for dinner, etc, then run down the rows and bag and label each outfit. This year' strip is a TOTAL surprise for our children, so I'm going to have to be extra sneaky about packing and storing our things.

I keep a standing Disney Bin that holds things that we use on each trip (park bags, matching outfits for the kids, organizers, etc.) It's about time to go through it and clean everything out for our next trip (65 days!) I tend to plan matching outfits for my boys, and shop for them throughout the year as I find cute things. We usually go in the off-season, so it's not too hard to pack up early, as we are in long pants at home for a good while before we head to FL. I like to lay everything out by child/day in rows to make sure I'm matching themes/parks/clothes for dinner, etc, then run down the rows and bag and label each outfit. This year' strip is a TOTAL surprise for our children, so I'm going to have to be extra sneaky about packing and storing our things.
We did a surprise trip in 2013, they found out at the airport. It was so difficult to do, but worth it. It was a one time only deal!!
Love the idea of a bin!!

I am 15 days away!!!!! :rainbow:

I have had a mental list of what I want to pack for awhile (since we booked). I have packed a 85% of my outfits, the Keurig (most important thing IMHO) and some essentials. The problem is I am to anxious to finish packing because I feel as if the sooner the trip comes the sooner my "Disney High" is over. Depression sets in until I plan my next trip. :sad:

I am 15 days away!!!!! :rainbow:

I have had a mental list of what I want to pack for awhile (since we booked). I have packed a 85% of my outfits, the Keurig (most important thing IMHO) and some essentials. The problem is I am to anxious to finish packing because I feel as if the sooner the trip comes the sooner my "Disney High" is over. Depression sets in until I plan my next trip. :sad:
Same here! I look forward to a trip for a year than depressed after it is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter