Fees associated with DVC Point rental

jmc318

Earning My Ears
In November 2010, I stayed at BLT with another family on a PIN that gave me 40% off. THis November, my family and three others are looking to stay again. I have not seen many PINS lately and am concerned that there may not be one.

To help on the cost, I am considering renting DVC points. I have researched and understand the process and the fact that I will have to pay for houkeeping service above and beyond.

I am not clear on if there are any taxes or resort fees that will need to be paid as part of the transaction? Any other fees that I am missing?

Thanks

To be precise, you don't rent points you rent a reservation. So, you don't _have_ to pay for housekeeping if you are okay with the regular timeshare housekeeping. Furthermore, there are no other fees assessed by Disney for your stay. Once you have rented the reservation no other fees are necessary. Tickets and food are, of course, not included with your DVC reservation.

Thank you. When you rent the reservation from a place such as Davids, is sales tax charged?

I'm not sure. Your best bet is to go to his site and poke around. When we rented before becoming members it was from a fellow member here on the DIS.

Thank you. When you rent the reservation from a place such as Davids, is sales tax charged?
It's included in the $13/point that you will pay to rent the reservation.

Curious...what is this PIN # I hear mention of all the time?

disney emails/mails pin numbers for discounted accommodations/packages on a fairly random basis. the pin number for 40% off deluxes like the GF that i get in the mail would not be valid if you called disney and tried to use it.

generally, it's not something that affects DVC owners unless they are planning a cash-only onsite visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter