Feeling sad…have decided to hold off buying more points

For a while now I have had my heart set on buying CCV resale with vague dreams of pre-Christmases in the cabins or another crack at that phenomenal 3BD. 2 months ago our liquidity position was strong enough that it would have been possible, but due to a combination of factors - a big estimated tax payment and upcoming property tax bill, a summer vacation that needs to be paid for, and a miscommunication with DH about some cash he had in other accounts that I thought I could claim - we could swing it but I would feel stressed. I know it’s possible to get a loan, but I don’t like debt. And while a big part of me thinks that 2021 points are “free” at this point so even if the price might go down in a recession we lose the value of those bankable points I just can’t justify buying right now. I’m honestly irrationally sad about it, even though intellectually I know it’s the right thing to do.

Oh well….it’s fun to dream.

For a while now I have had my heart set on buying CCV resale with vague dreams of pre-Christmases in the cabins or another crack at that phenomenal 3BD. 2 months ago our liquidity position was strong enough that it would have been possible, but due to a combination of factors - a big estimated tax payment and upcoming property tax bill, a summer vacation that needs to be paid for, and a miscommunication with DH about some cash he had in other accounts that I thought I could claim - we could swing it but I would feel stressed. I know it’s possible to get a loan, but I don’t like debt. And while a big part of me thinks that 2021 points are “free” at this point so even if the price might go down in a recession we lose the value of those bankable points I just can’t justify buying right now. I’m honestly irrationally sad about it, even though intellectually I know it’s the right thing to do.

Hang in there. When the time is right, your pieces will fall into place. Chin up! DVC will always (maybe) be around when you’re ready to buy again. Until then, have fun saving up for it 🥰

There is no rush to buy CCV resale. It will be there next year and the year after. Take your time.

Reactions: cm8

With the way the economy is going right now, it might be better to wait another 6 months anyways. Fall seems to be a better time to buy anyways most years, owners are more willing to negotiate. Just have the owners of the 2021 points bank the points into next year.

Both heart and mind must meet! When it does, the time is right to buy. Sadly, not today, but it might worked out to be even better given the current state of things, and than you will be extra happy! But the opposite can happen, nobody can really tell the future. But no regrets, when the time is right, the time is right, and you will know it! Good Luck!!!

Great3

Been there and know the feeling! I had to back out of the perfect HHI resale contract when my DH had a “bad feeling”. I wanted to smack him lol but knew he was right and we like to make financial decisions together. Helps me cope even though I know my addonitis will never be cured, but the points will always be there when I’m ready to buy them again 😬

With the country heading towards recession and the stock market cratering, keeping that cash on hand is the smart thing to do. You might end up needing it and will be very happy it isn’t tied up in a CCV resale.

You’re making the right call. There is absolutely nothing “magical” about being too far out over your skis financially. Effects everything. The timing will be better some other time. Sure of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!