Feeling forgotten...

stitch'sgirl

DIS Veteran
It started a while back with the DeeVee video promotions. I had no idea what anyone was talking about.:confused3 It wasn't a big deal, because she kind of grates on me anyway. BUT, when everyone was buzzing about the webcast:dance3: I really felt left out because I hadn't heard about that either. Then I realized I hadn't gotten information about the 2010 Member's Cruise and didn't even know the call in date had come and gone.

We bought in 2004 with Hassan Jahanmiry, and have gotten a couple of marketing materials with the guide name changed (at least twice). I have no idea who my guide is, but I guess I want to know, why are they forgetting about me, but not forgetting to take the dues out of my bank every month?

Any one else have a similar experience? What type of communication do you have with your guide? Do you initiate, or do they? I haven't heard ANYTHING in six years! Our phone number, address and e-mail are all the same since we bought in. I would think, at the very least, when a guide leaves, the gaining guide would send out a letter to introduce themselves. Am I too needy? :flower3:

guides are just salesmen. i'm ok that mine hasn't been in contact with me.

you may need to let them know to put you on the email list though (or check your junk/spam email box since sometimes the filter will misdirect your DVC emails).

Go to the DVC Member website, in the right hand column click on My Profile. Make sure that the email address listed for you is correct, and then under that field, click contact preferences to check if you have selected that you want to receive info.

You should be receiving emails (about one a month) announcing the latest promotions.

Other than that, I really haven't had any contact with my guide, unless I'm doing an add-on.

DVC used to use chtah to end bulk mails, now I notice the properties are dvc-mail.com and Disney is using starwave.com

Thanks - I'll update.:thumbsup2

Just another thing I can add to my list of "Things I've learned on the DIS!"

Go to the DVC Member website, in the right hand column click on My Profile. Make sure that the email address listed for you is correct, and then under that field, click contact preferences to check if you have selected that you want to receive info.

I found out that they had one letter wrong in my email. When I would call MS, they would read my email but not spell it. One day one of them did spell it and they had a "k" instead of a "c".

Also, I would just soon not talk to my guide. I should have switched when I bought. I didn't like her then and she didn't change my opinion when I called to ask about an add-on last week.

You should be receiving emails (about one a month) announcing the latest promotions.

Other than that, I really haven't had any contact with my guide, unless I'm doing an add-on.

DVC used to use chtah to end bulk mails, now I notice the properties are dvc-mail.com and Disney is using starwave.com

Wow, I thought I would have to update my contact preferences, but nope, everything was checked "yes" - phone, e-mail, snail mail. The only thing does come through is is the Disney Insider, but never any announcements, offers, news, etc for the DVC. Good thing the DIS members keep me in touch!!:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter