feeling defeated

lovemygoofy

DIS Veteran
Hello friends,

Sorry I have been missing for a bit. I did start a new job, which is exciting! Unfortunately my DD spent the last 3 weeks in the hospital :( she had a very high fever! Her blood work showed she was going septic. She was admitted and they found she had a major infection that was travelling around her body. She ended up on 4 IV meds and the fever would not leave. Finally on week 2 it left! She has now been reduced to 1 IV med. Luckly she did test negative for COVID! That was super scary! We decided to push for home again <3 So we are now home! We have VON nursing visits daily to administer her IV treatment and change the dressing daily. The wound is improving slowly .. but no worse! We love our little lady so much... if you can please keep her in your prayers. She is not out of the woods yet .. but we keep pushing! We have decided to cancel our Christmas Disney trip but have rebooked for April, the last week :)

I'm still praying for you and your family. You determination and love shines through. Your daughter obviously has your fighting and loving spirit. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. What a celebration your next April will be!

weswife

DIS Veteran
Thanks for all the wonderful replies <3 it really helps! We just had her nursing visit so the IV is done for tonight. We decided to order out as its getting late. We LOVE having her home, it takes a bit of planning. She is a trooper! Her bloodwork is improving so that makes me feel positive! She had a full round yesterday. As parents we will never give up.. her siblings are so devoted to her and that makes my heart bust <3 Yes the count down for April is on, disappointed for no Christmas trip. On the positive side... April is her b-day month! Plus we ordered a new wheelchair with special features that will reduce the ulcer pressure so we should have it by then :)

RogueX

Mouseketeer
Sorry to hear of her hospitalization, but glad that she's recovering at home. Stay strong and positive.

• weswife

DIS Veteran
    Hello All,

I wanted to check in. Its been a busy few weeks! Last week's blood work was looking fantastic!!!! Today is a new round <3 so fingers are crossed. I myself went for blood work at my doctor's request, so we shall see.
    My DD is looking great and enjoying YouTube blogs daily. I love listening to her plan a trip <3 It sure makes the day happier! The wound is slowing progressing. We are in a much better place then this time last year and I am beyond THANKFUL for that <3 Still waiting on some follow up appointments so we continue to float along. Nursing visits are daily to keep an eye on the wound.
    I am loving my new job! I am so happy I decided to leave that company. I am feeling much better emotionally and no stress. Imagine 20 years ... I have to see it as a positive in my DD illness. Had I never taken a leave and thought... I NEVER would have left my position. It has turned out to be the best move!

I hope all of you are well and safe.. take care

butterscotchcollins

Drop Chicken
    Hello All,

I wanted to check in. Its been a busy few weeks! Last week's blood work was looking fantastic!!!! Today is a new round <3 so fingers are crossed. I myself went for blood work at my doctor's request, so we shall see.
    My DD is looking great and enjoying YouTube blogs daily. I love listening to her plan a trip <3 It sure makes the day happier! The wound is slowing progressing. We are in a much better place then this time last year and I am beyond THANKFUL for that <3 Still waiting on some follow up appointments so we continue to float along. Nursing visits are daily to keep an eye on the wound.
    I am loving my new job! I am so happy I decided to leave that company. I am feeling much better emotionally and no stress. Imagine 20 years ... I have to see it as a positive in my DD illness. Had I never taken a leave and thought... I NEVER would have left my position. It has turned out to be the best move!

So happy to hear that things are going well! Plenty of prayers still for you guys and looking forward to hearing all about your April planning ;)

theluckyrabbit

Hello All,

Such good news and so encouraging to hear about both you and your DD! :)

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.