Feedback on our October plans?

Sb4

Earning My Ears
Hi there!
It looks like we will be visiting in late October with our 7 and 9 year olds. We are staying at Ft. Wilderness. We were last there 2 years ago. This is a fairly spontaneous decision (airfare sale! Hooray!), and we need to make our ADR very soon. I would love your feedback .

Friday: arrive at 12:30 in Orlando. Check in at universal hotel / relax at pool / dinner at DS or universal city walk

Saturday: full day at universal

Sunday: check out, head to FW, drop bags and take boat to MK (prob 11am arrival). Late lunch at BOG. Leave around 5 to check in. FW sleepy hollow event that night

Monday: animal kingdom 8am EMH. Late breakfast at TH. Leave park mid-late afternoon. FW camp fire / singalong / electrical parade that night OR hop to Epcot for illuminations

Tuesday (relax): late breakfast at o'hana. Horseback riding / swimming at FW. MNNSHP at 4pm. Pirates league around 5.

Wednesday: sleep in and then head to Epcot mid morning. Stay through illuminations? Or leave mid afternoon? Or do we do a different park this day?

Thursday: early morning at DHS for Jedi sign up. This isn't a full day park, so I'm not sure what to do about this day.

Friday: check out. We have family in the area and aren't leaving Florida right away. We could do a park day, but I'm not sure it's needed.

The only thing that is glaringly missing is a full day at MK. Wondering if we should rearrange a few things to make that possible. I'm also not sure if the DHS Star Wars fireworks will be going on then, or if ROL is worth seeing. I would love your feedback. Thank you!

Every family does Disney very differently... So it's hard to give advice. For my family we do 3 magic kingdom days and still can't do it all...But we do all we want to do...Usually one day is a leave 6ish. We do a full day at Epcot, Hollywood studios, and animal kingdom. We do not leave for breaks. Our break will be one sit down meal a day in air conditioning. This is our 7th family trip... My 8th trip. We do plan one day off in the middle of the trip for Disney springs and swimming. We often swim on our arrival day as well. We have 4 kids and they have always napped in the stroller(s).
Basically what I mean is for my family I don't feel you have alot of park time...But these plans may work best for your family. I hope you have a great trip and maybe some others will have good advice for you.

Every family does Disney very differently... So it's hard to give advice. For my family we do 3 magic kingdom days and still can't do it all...But we do all we want to do...Usually one day is a leave 6ish. We do a full day at Epcot, Hollywood studios, and animal kingdom. We do not leave for breaks. Our break will be one sit down meal a day in air conditioning. This is our 7th family trip... My 8th trip. We do plan one day off in the middle of the trip for Disney springs and swimming. We often swim on our arrival day as well. We have 4 kids and they have always napped in the stroller(s).
Basically what I mean is for my family I don't feel you have alot of park time...But these plans may work best for your family. I hope you have a great trip and maybe some others will have good advice for you.

True! I think that the transfer from universal and the Halloween party complicate things a bit. The last time we went, we had a full day at MK, starting at 8am, then took a 1-2 hour break before the party. We stayed at the party until midnight. The next day, we were up bright and early for AK and were in a daze the whole day. I know better than to plan something early the day after the party this time.

When we have done event nights, the night before were late. then next day(event day) we slept in/did laundry/downtown Disney.... pool. afternoon naps... Then we headed over around 4 to the park. We have always gotten in early and stayed late. 4-12 that's a full day. next day is late sleep in and late start full day at another park or off day, with two late nights in a row

That's kind of what we are thinking. Full day / late night the day before the party. Then late start / full day the day after. I'm just not sure which park we will slot where yet. Last night, we talked about skipping Epcot altogether this time (sniff) and instead going to universal for a day while staying at FW. Universal is really throwing a wrench into the whole plan, but we have to figure out a way to make it happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter