February 27th - March 5th, only one unexpected let down.

Orion Nebula

DIS Veteran
2/27 - 3/5

I posted this in the wrong area in case anyone saw it. I am not going to go into too much detail, share life story, family dynamics etc (lol). But I wanted to share an overview of our trip as well as my experience with Coronado.

Thoughts and experiences on our trip;

It's crowded... social distancing in my experience was pretty much impossible even outside of choke points. This held true for all parks with the exception of Epcot outside of the World Showcase. But we went on March 3rd so it made complete sense. As far as "safety" things didn't seem so bad. Sanitizing stations were at the start and end of all attractions, although some were empty. The line markers were MOSTLY followed, either some people were too dumb to know what they were or just didn't care. But with those and some of the dividers it didn't feel totally unsafe when waiting. Masks were mostly being worn correctly, I saw some noses and a few people eating / drinking while on the move. But it was better than I expected. I did hear a few CS's warn people also so that was nice. The buses also seemed decent, the partitioning of families did slow things down but it did make you feel a bit safer.

I stayed at the Coronado and it was night and day from my first stay. And nothing had anything to do with Covid. CS was heavily lacking, even their "cheerfulness" just wasn't there. The building I stayed at (Cabana's) needed some TLC, the room was suspect on being clean & things were broken. For instance there were dead bugs on the floor. A "nose thing" stuck on the tub and a large wrapper left in the shower shelf. Topped off by the towel hooks just falling off onto the floor (I hammered them back on with a shoe). So did they vacuum the room and clean the shower (doubt it)? Also the ice machine was down, soda machine broken, lights either burned out or missing panels in the hallways. Oh and our fridge broken... Might as well mention the room issue also. We requested two connecting rooms as it would've made it easier with having special needs kids. We didn't get it and instead had a room between the two. We called the desk and politely asked them if we could move. They told us that the room between us was already occupied and could not. If it was in fact occupied it was done so by a ghost family. As the curtains were not closed and the room was empty... we glanced in day after day and no one occupied it. So either the desk person was "confused" or straight lied so they didn't have to deal with it.

First stay at Coronado A+
Second stay - Nope, never again

Park wise outside of being crowded they were fine. On Monday my wife tried as the clocked changed to get a BG and failed. I felt REALLY bad for her as she was dressed up for that day and super excited. But it happens, I mean I didn't expect a March 1st to be so impossible but that's how it's going these days. HOWEVER she did the same thing as the clock struck 1pm and amazingly we got one. And it was kind of neat to hear everyone around us cheering at that very moment. The ride also lived up to the hype. :-)

One kind of let down was the heat though, Sat - Mon it was upper 80s. I never really was fond of wearing a mask at near 90 degrees. It's also one of the main reasons I wanted to go late Feb / early March. But it fall into the 70s Tue-Fri at least.

Oh and side note... I found it a bit amusing that during cavalcades people packed the sides shoulder to shoulder still. Obviously it isn't like the normal parades but it still was a bit weird.

We overall minus the Coronado had a good trip and don't regret going though. I would do it all over again if given the choice but I would pick a different resort. I think the entire place now centers around GDT and it gets the most TLC. Another "complaint" which might seem weird to some is that I don't like the original lobby removed from the "main" entrance. They tossed in a bland long hallway to connect them but it makes it feel like they are two different resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter