February 2019 - Love, Love Love ... A month of loving Disney, Healthy Living, Yourself

Managed to get a 45 minute walk in this afternoon before it got too dark. That was good. I'll meet my step goal today!! Meant to make popcorn to eat while we watched the Oscars, but forgot about that. Popped into the library and checked out some books in case I feel lazy later in the week. They are calling for snow in the morning. People have their fingers crossed for another snow day. Guess we'll find out!

Only a few days left of the month. We got this!

Good morning all :D

It is our last Motivation Monday of February - don't let that stop you! Keep that motivation high till the very end :rainbow:

What is motivating you this week?

P.S. We need someone feeling motivated to host the March thread it is only 4 days away!

It always scares me somewhat when I pay attention to how LITTLE water I drink!

YES - this was me just after Christmas this year - I do somewhat better when I am at work but I realised a few weeks into my break that I couldn't remember the last time I had water rather than soft drink :oops: I cut it right back the next day - and have maintained great water intake ever since - I still have a soft drink - sugar free - but smaller serving and maybe once per day - not always everyday.

It was nice to see her after a year

Its great catching up with friends we haven't seen in a while :-)

Managed to get a 45 minute walk in this afternoon before it got too dark.

You get the dancing bananas for that :banana::banana::banana:

Only a few days left of the month. We got this!

You bet we do :thumbsup2

I didn't get much done this weekend. Friday night I just took a migraine pill and rested. I didn't get my 20 oz of water Friday either as i tried to drink some pop to see if the caffeine would help. I did drink about 15 oz of water though. Saturday, I had to shop with DD in the morning to get her new tennis shoes since her were either stolen at school (she left them in her gym locker that doesn't lock) or they were put in lost and found which went to people in need the night before she knew they were missing. We are just going to think they went with the lost and found stuff and will help someone in need. Then she had basketball. After basketball we went out to eat and then to Home Depot. We are redoing our living room and we picked out the colors that we wanted. We didn't do anything after that as what i had for dinner didn't make me feel great. It is supposed to have blue cheese crumbles on it. I can't eat cheese so I asked for it without but I am guessing that it was still there as it tasted funny too.

Sunday we went grocery shopping and then just stayed home. We had some wicked wind yesterday and and still today. We didn't want to leave the kids for too long just in case the power went out and I didn't want to be on the treadmill just in case. I did make a great meal and then as we were eating it the power went out. It only went out for about a minute though. It had been flickering earlier in the day as well. We spent the day together watching Thor, Captain America and the First Avengers. DH is watching all of the Marvel movies in some weird order. Kind of like what you do with Star Wars. Right now they are mostly just in order.

I am still getting a headache on and off but it should be going away soon. I think it is a combination of a change in hormones (There is nothing I can do for these and they last about 3 days) and sinus issues with the quick drop in pressure with the weather. Today it feels more like my sinuses.

We’re having crazy wind today-lost power for about two hours last night. It has gotten colder so I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup. It’s low in points/calories so I can have a big bowl for lunch.

I did some shopping over the weekend-spring things are out and I picked up a few things to wear when it gets warm. So that’s my motivation this week. Buying clothes I really like instead of something because it fits!

I think my motivation at the moment is spring break (for me at the college, not for my kids, there's isn't until Easter.) I had my first exam for stats today... I'm pretty sure it was easy and that I got an A, either that or it was deceptively difficult, but either way, I DON'T love math, so between the test anxiety for that and the wind keeping me up half the night and the physical strain from all the walking the last few days, I am just burnt-out today! Like not at all sleepy, but just TIRED... I just had a high-carb/high-calorie/high nutrient lunch, so I'm hoping that will help... if not, there's always booze!!! ;P

But I am still planning my getaway to the trail for spring break, and it's a lot of fun doing the research. I'm about 85% there, I think... like if I had everything on my list ready to go and I drove out tomorrow, it would be fine... but we're Dis-ers, we all know that "fine" isn't good enough!!! :) I'm hoping my trail passport will arrive soon (should be any day now.) The "real" trail passport is just a thing where hikers get stamps from businesses and hostels along their way. Mine is a little different, it's how you document that you walked in all 14 states for the challenge I'm doing, but they said it still has places for trail stamps, so I'm excited to see what it looks like. Once I have that, I can start, and I'm hoping to do the WV/Harper's Ferry walk this Friday. (That's the "emotional midpoint" of the trail, and it's where a lot of people start, so it seems right... ) It's only about 90 minutes from here, so I can day-trip it as long as H stay home to look after the kids.

But for now, I intend to sit here, zone out, watch the trees dance in the windy sunshine from the comfort of my cozy living room, and appreciate NOT being outside! :)

I had my first exam for stats today... I'm pretty sure it was easy and that I got an A, either that or it was deceptively difficult, but either way, I DON'T love math,

Aaahhh I remember my days of Stats .... I also am not great at math but managed to get myself a High Distinction which equals an A. I am sure you did great :-)

I am feeling exhausted myself .... went to bed relatively early last night and have woken up at 6am this morning but I am still tired sitting here on the couch - go back to sleep type tired... I may just do that for a little bit longer, then I have to finish my presentation for work this afternoon.

Good morning all :D

It is our last Motivation Monday of February - don't let that stop you! Keep that motivation high till the very end :rainbow:

What is motivating you this week?

P.S. We need someone feeling motivated to host the March thread it is only 4 days away!

My motivation remains my Disney trip in July and my goal to "walk to Disney" by then. My progress in losing weight, feeling healthier, and building muscle is also helping to keep me going. I am also really enjoying reading everyone's posts. I also think the recipes from last week motivated me to try some new meals. It helps when the weekends are less busy and I can take some time to find recipes, shop and cook.

@PollyannaMom I made the salmon last night using your balsamic glaze. It was a hit! I only every made salmon once before and everyone agreed that this time it was so much better! Thank you :)

My motivation this week is seeing downward movement on the scale. I am currently at my lowest weight since 2016 eeek. I really feel like I am making sustainable changes rather than going through the motions and seeing yo-yoing or weight gain. Plus I think I am seeing subtle changes in my body less pudgy in places like under arms, less bloated feeling around the belly not toes don't look so swollen lol yes my toes have lost weight! :rotfl:

I am having dinner out tonight with my mum and my cousin (her and I were born a month apart) me January her February so we can have a Birthday drink together. I feel confident that I can choose from the menu in line with my eating plan :-)

I need some pixie dust for tomorrow - I am having follow up with the Doctor to get my new blood results - I so hope to see some positive difference :worried:

Topic Tuesday :chat:

Good Morning all ... I'm posting a little later today as I just got back from dinner! lol doesn't that sound funny its 10.05pm Tuesday night for me and you all are gradually getting up to start your Tuesday morning :P Dinner was fun and I chose wisely - just asked for no potatoes had bacon wrapped steak with broccolini and mushrooms. Only thing was I ordered a beer before remembering they are full of carbs! but that's ok I only drank half as I was driving anyway and its not like I drink all that regularly for it to be a big issue. Really it was going to be carbs or sugar :rotfl: my first choice was wine - Moscato - but luckily the bartender gave us a sample first and it was not a good quality one - hence my quick switch to my other usual go to Corona with lime. Haha usual go to sounds like I drink all the time which is so far from reality.

Soooo topic for today .... what do you habitually order, eat, drink :crazy: and then realise you should have made a different choice as part of changing up your healthy lifestyle. Some habits are so hard to break :rolleyes1 It also depends on how often it occurs as to our reaction.

@4Mickeys My family was talking about sports in different countries and what is the most popular. Someone asked about Australia and we didn't know so I told them I would ask you. What is the most popular sport in Australia?

We go to the same restaurant all the time. 3 of love the place but DD does not so we bribe her sometimes with going to the craft store after. I typically get a buffalo chicken wrap with out the blue cheese but with ranch. It comes with chips but we take those home and eat them later in the week. I also get a Pepsi to drink. I should get this as a salad instead of the wrap and I should drink water.

If it’s a nice restaurant I usually order a vodka martini. Occasionally I order a second one and that’s a big mistake! That usually leads to eating a second piece of bread. Or ordering an appetizer I really don’t want. So I am determined not to do that anymore. Other than that I have finally learned to do pretty well in restaurants. I usually share my entree or order an appetizer and salad for my dinner. Unless it’s my birthday I don’t order dessert-just have one bite of my husband’s.

@4Mickeys, I bet you have awesome numbers! You have made big changes.

Pixie dust for your doctor's appointment!!! :tinker:

Restaurants... hmm... It's not so much things I order, but the "freebies" on the table... those crackers that come with otherwise low-cal soup, the bread-and-oil at Italian places where I was just planning to order baked fish and salad... and tortilla chips at the Mexican places... Those all get me more often than they should. And then there's those cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster... "Yes, I'll have the snow crab legs, house salad with no cheese, no croutons, and no dressing, and broccoli, please?" (Total calories, about 200ish...) Takes ONE BITE of a biscuit, calories=2000!!! And you know you never stop at one bite...

My family was talking about sports in different countries and what is the most popular. Someone asked about Australia and we didn't know so I told them I would ask you. What is the most popular sport in Australia?

I would have to say football .... but there are 2 different kinds and preference for which one is tied a bit to which state you were born in. There is rugby league which most people in my state Queensland and New South Wales is - it is a bit rougher in nature with carrying and passing the ball and tackling (no helmets or shoulder pads like your football) and the other is Australian Rules Football - This is popular in Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia - I don't understand this game so much and I don't watch it. It just seems very disorganised with people running everywhere after the ball which is passed by kind of 'bumping' it with a closed fist, kicking it and people jumping high into the air to take a 'mark' which is catching the ball. Cricket is also popular with many but I find it so incredibly boring to watch - I can play backyard cricket and that is fun.

Rugby League example - The maroon team is Queensland my state - within the game each year there is a special 3 game series which is the best of the players - playing for their home state against each other.

- AFL

- Cricket

Woohoo Its Wednedsay

Its our last Woohoo of the month so make it count - what are you woohooing today??

Soooo topic for today .... what do you habitually order, eat, drink :crazy: and then realise you should have made a different choice as part of changing up your healthy lifestyle. Some habits are so hard to break :rolleyes1
My habit is getting the french baguette at Panera. It's good, but I try to avoid the carbs when I can. And it's not so much that I order it. It's more that it automatically comes up on the app as the side and I forget to change it. Sometimes I eat it and other times I give it to my daughter as she loves Panera's bread! My other habit when I'm out is always the soda. I've gotten better when I'm out for a meal because I'm consciously trying to drink more water. But on the occasion that I'm out with friends for a drink, my go to was always a rum & coke.

Woohoo Its Wednedsay

Its our last Woohoo of the month so make it count - what are you woohooing today??
I wanted to do my measurements this morning, but I'm running a little late and would rather get my workout in before the household wakes up. But I did step on the scale and so far for the month, I'm down 6 pounds. My goal was 5 pounds. So that's a big woohoo. :goodvibes

My other woohoo is maintaining my stress (at least I think I am ;) My school is going to be renovated and a big addition put on to fit more classrooms. Our school district closed one elementary school last year for budget reasons (I know, it doesn't sound like it makes any sense...had to close a school, but now adding onto our school:confused3). Anyway, they are having my school move into the closed school for next year so that they can do the construction without kids in the building. Long story short, I have to pack up and move all of my classroom for one year...and then move back. Our last day of school is June 14. But they are moving our stuff in shifts. So I have to pack up a bunch of boxes to be ready for the first stage of moving by Friday. Yet, I still have over 70 days of school I have to teach. So it's a matter of finding all the stuff that I don't need for the rest of the year to pack up and move. Personally, I think it would just be easier to pack up everything at the end of the year. But I just keep telling myself that isn't my decision. And I can only do what is within my circle of control. So packing up is what I have to focus on. And usually when I am stressed, I wake up in the middle of the night and then can't go back to sleep because I just keep thinking of everything I have to do. But the last three nights I have slept through the night. So I think I'm managing the stress pretty well! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter