February 2019 - Love, Love Love ... A month of loving Disney, Healthy Living, Yourself

4Mickeys

DIS Veteran

This is your monthly W.I.S.H. Goals thread. W.I.S.H. stand for "We are Inspired to Stay Healthy!". So, pick a healthy goal for the month and join us!

We will have a schedule of questions/topics and I hope we will get some discussions on those. But otherwise, feel free with anything that is on your mind and which you want to share and/or get some input on.

This will be the weekly schedule:

Motivation Monday
Topic Tuesday
Woo Hoo Wednesday
Topic Thursday
Free-for-All Friday

So, grab a seat, join in and tell us about yourself, your goal and how do you plan to get there!

I am looking forward to chatting with all of you

Hello friends,

I will back later to do my introduction, I have to dash and get ready for work but I just wanted to say to my DisFriends in the bad weather over there stay safe, thinking of you, they were reporting on some of your weather on the news here in Australia last night apparently 10 people had died. Hope it passes soon.

Awwww.. what a lovely picture to start the month with!

I'm in, altho I haven't quite mapped out my goals for the month yet. I don't think I'll have to travel for work during February, but I do have my mid-winter trip to the beach mid-month, which I'm looking forward to. I'm also determined to get the tidying-up I had planned for January actually done in February.

Thanks @4Mickeys for taking this up!

Last edited:

Happy Friday!
I'm in for February. Thanks @4Mickeys!
Already got my workout in this morning and enjoying my chocolate PB shakes.

I'm going to continue with my January goals. Although I reached most of them, I feel another month is needed to set the habits.
February Goals:
*continue daily workout routine
*continue with 12,000 daily steps goal (aiming to get at least 5 out of 7 days)
*continue "walking to Disney" with the goal of making 1048 steps by July Disney trip (tracking Jan-July)
*continue to meal plan for the week with healthier, portion controlled meals
*continue to drink 80 ounces of water a day
*hoping to lose 5 pounds this month

Okay lets kick this off officially .... The first day of a month where we are going to share the love, support each other, passionately pursue our goals and of course with a sprinkle of that thing we all love that brings us together... Disney!

We are starting on a Free For All Friday .... so take some time, introduce yourselves (if you haven't already), share your goals and chat about anything that is on your mind today and this weekend.

upload_2019-2-1_22-20-50.jpeg

I am Sam, 46 year old, living in sunny Queensland, Australia. I am a solo mum of 3 teens - DS18, DS14 & DD 14. This is birthday month for my twins 15 already :sad:. I was slim in my youth, could eat whatever I wanted and never exercised. This lead to pretty much mostly bad habits to set me up for the rest of my life. Weight went up and down a bit after babies. Then after ending up on my own - stress and comfort eating arrived - and I enjoyed every mouthful o_O So here I am with some serious health problems sneaking up on me as a result - losing the weight and changing my habits is no longer something I might wish for it is now a necessity. I have started on the Ketogenic style of eating at Drs recommendation to get Pre-Diabetes and High Cholesterol under control. I have been doing it for almost 2 weeks now .... so far so mostly good :thumbsup2

Nothing exciting planned for the weekend ... more yard work, meal planning and shopping.

My goals for the month will be:

Maintain increased water consumption/reduced soft drink indulgence
Follow the Keto meal plans
Increase my weekly walk to 2 times per week
Make better use of the swimming pools in the complex where I live

Hi all. I’m sitting here in the very chilly northeast of the U.S.A. fantasizing fondly of the beautiful heat I will feel when I get to WDW this fall. My goal remains to lose weight & become more active so that I’m ready for my my next visit to WDW. There is so much I want to do & I don’t want my feet to stop me! Specifically, this month I want to work on not letting the eating behaviors of those around me affect how I am eating. I need to commit to myself that my plan will make me a healthier individual & I can’t let the very brief enjoyment that junk food brings derail my plan. I also want to get in the habit of cooking no matter what time I get home from work. Getting home late cannot be an excuse to order takeout food. Have a great February everyone. We got this!
-Diz

Hi! I am Stephanie. I am 39 married with 2 very active kids. DS is 12 and plays baseball, soccer, basket ball and Karate. He just got his black belt a few weeks ago. DD is 11. She stated last spring playing soccer and this winter basketball. This is very new as she hated sports before but really fell in love with soccer. I am pretty sure she only played to get back at her brother. She was sick of going to his games and he never had to go much of hers since she did dance and gymnastics in the past. Last fall when she decided to quit dance she started horseback riding. This is her true love. The happiest I see her. She has been diagnosed with general anxiety last March and we are working our way through it. She is doing much better this year but the last few weeks have been rough. It goes in waves and is more school related for in big groups with lots of noise.

This month I am hoping to get back on tract. A few years ago I lost 10 pounds but have gained it all back. We are planning a trip to WDW for a year and a half from now. Yep I already started planning. I am nuts. DH and I need to get on the same page with it. He thinks 3 days will be fine and then 2 to 3 days at the beach. I think 5-7 days at WDW and 2 days at the beach. My mom and step dad are coming too. But in the mean time I want to lose at least 10 pounds to be happy and 20 to be excited. Below is what I want to accomplish this month.

• only drink pop once a week
  • drink at least 20oz of water a day
  • get at least 30 minutes of active minutes (through the fitbit) a day
  • get 10,000 a day.
This will be somewhat tough as work has been super busy. I won't have the time to just get up and walk around as much as usual since I am training my replacement (I got a promotion) and then will have to train the replacement for another employee that got a promotion. This is all good things since we are growing like crazy right now. I will have to do more at home and instead of sitting through the kids activities I need to walk the track instead. I am determined to hit all of these goals.

Specifically, this month I want to work on not letting the eating behaviors of those around me affect how I am eating.
THIS!!!! My family is the worst for "Hey, Mom, want this last bite of cheesecake?" Duh, of COURSE I do, but I'd also like to avoid diabetes, thank you...

Hi Again!!

I'm Joan, 43, married with 2 kids-- a 15 year old and an eleventeen-year old. Seriously, middle schoolers are the WORST!!! We have banned the phrase "so I saw this video on youtube..." from our dining table.

Unlike all you lucky ducks, I have no planned Disney trips in the near future, just here for the pixie dust and accountability. :(

My goal for this month is to lose 4 pounds, continue meal planning and tracking in Sparkpeople, and I'm tracking my exercise minutes over on the other thread, but only 500 minutes, because the weather has been so nasty here. Speaking of which, they just called to say they are closing school early today for the snow. I know there will come a day when I will wish for just 2 more hours with my kids... but they just had a day off yesterday, and 2 short days before that... and tomorrow is the weekend, so today is *NOT* that day!!! :crazy2:

Hello again,

I'm Lizanne, also know as Oneanne (as in the one and only). I live in Seattle, with my two kitties.

My goals for February:
Starbucks no more than 4 times... so once per week.
At least 4 days per week where my nutrition is 100% compliant to the parameters of The Challenge, and 90% success rate at doing my daily habits.
Lose 4 pounds.

Love the theme of loving each other and taking care of each other - let's make it a fabulous month!

Seriously, middle schoolers are the WORST!

OMG Yes!!!! DS is always telling me something about a game or something on You Tube. Drives me nuts. DD has started the girl attitude and is all about make-up and hair. She just talked me into dying her hair teal. But the 1 minute happy and the next in a horrible mood kills me. I swear I was never like this, though my mom says I was.

Here is how her hair turned out. Very cute but now she wants all of her tips done in a color. Not sure I like that.

Liz Hair.jpg

Liz Hair2.jpg

Well those are big. Sorry.

but they just had a day off yesterday, and 2 short days before that... and tomorrow is the weekend, so today is *NOT* that day!!! :crazy2:

Our kids are back in school today after having 2 days off, but this morning was bad. The snow came at the wrong time. DH drove the kids and I took the rapid instead of driving downtown. Accidents everywhere.

Happy Friday!
I'm in for February. Thanks @4Mickeys!
Already got my workout in this morning and enjoying my chocolate PB shakes.

I'm going to continue with my January goals. Although I reached most of them, I feel another month is needed to set the habits.
February Goals:
*continue daily workout routine
*continue with 12,000 daily steps goal (aiming to get at least 5 out of 7 days)
*continue "walking to Disney" with the goal of making 1048 steps by July Disney trip (tracking Jan-July)
*continue to meal plan for the week with healthier, portion controlled meals
*continue to drink 80 ounces of water a day
*hoping to lose 5 pounds this month
Oops. I was so excited to post my goals this month, I forgot about introductions.

Hi! I’m Cristin from Pennsylvania, 42, married with 14-year-old boy/girl twins. @Zhoen I agree...middle-schoolers are the worst! While I love my children dearly, their middle school years have been very challenging! I’m a kindergarten teacher...so I enjoy the younger kids. My little sister just had her first baby in November and we are planning a big family trip to Disney World this July. I know my nephew is only going to be 8 months old, but I’m so excited to experience Disney again with a little one :)

We are starting on a Free For All Friday .... so take some time, introduce yourselves (if you haven't already), share your goals and chat about anything that is on your mind today and this weekend.

I'm a Massachusetts mom and substitute teacher, age 48, and I just started participating in the WISH goals thread last month. (I've been doing the exercise minutes one for a while, though.) Two questions are on my mind today:

What's your favorite trick for staying motivated to exercise when life just gets crazy?

and

Does herbal tea (black, no sugar, no caffeine) count toward my water goal?...because I'm cold!!!!

Love this month’s theme!

I’m retired from working 20 years in our local HS library-live in south central PA with my husband of 38 years. I have a married daughter and an 8year old grandson-my biggest reason to stay healthy and fit.

I have mostly kept the 70lbs off I lost years ago but it’s not easy! I had to lose the 20+ that had crept back on over the years but got back to my goal weight before the holidays.

My goals for this month are to eat sensibly, drink more water instead of Diet Coke, and walk at least every other day. This cold and snowy weather has not been good for me.

I love checking in every day and learning from all of you!

I'm Linda, an empty-nester from the Pacific Northwest. There is talk of snow overnight, which has people in a tizzy. Since I work in a school everyone is hoping for a snow day!! I don't mind snow days, except I have to go to work anyway! :sad: And since I walk I can't even use icy roads as an excuse! :rotfl:

I'm just going to keep on getting my steps in and logging food this month. Like right now I really, really want a treat, but I'm about 100 calories over for the day so I won't be eating anything! I picked up a pizza at Costco today. Before I put that in my mouth, I was doing all right! But I wanted a super easy dinner that would provide leftovers for DH and I. Mission accomplished! So I'm not going to fret about it.

Let's have a great month!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!