Feb. 22-24 or Feb. 29-Mar 2

m&j'smommy

Earning My Ears
Which weekend would be better? DH and I just decided last night to make a quick weekend trip at the end of the month I was just wondering which would be better for crowd level?

I thought that we would be missing the President's Day crowd if we went the end of the week, but I have read in a few places that some people have the whole week off!! Is it going to be crazy busy the entire week?
Also, one weekend is a dance competition. I think that we can handle the teens, I remember being part of one of those back in the day (WAAAYYY BACK) and we were so busy practicing and performing that we got so little time to run around Disneyland.

What are your opinions? We will have two little ones with us-DD5 and DS2-who is going to turn 3-which is why we are going now. He turns 3 on March 2 so we need to get one last trip in before he becomes "of ticketing age"

TIA for all of you help...

It seemed like hotels were less busy the weekend of the 22nd so that is the weekend we decided to go. Hopefully people don't have the whole week off, I hadn't heard that was a possibility. It seems like the parks get busier at night on the weekends there are cheer/dance competitions. I think both of the weekends you mentioned have something going on.

Which weekend would be better? DH and I just decided last night to make a quick weekend trip at the end of the month I was just wondering which would be better for crowd level?

I thought that we would be missing the President's Day crowd if we went the end of the week, but I have read in a few places that some people have the whole week off!! Is it going to be crazy busy the entire week?
Also, one weekend is a dance competition. I think that we can handle the teens, I remember being part of one of those back in the day (WAAAYYY BACK) and we were so busy practicing and performing that we got so little time to run around Disneyland.

What are your opinions? We will have two little ones with us-DD5 and DS2-who is going to turn 3-which is why we are going now. He turns 3 on March 2 so we need to get one last trip in before he becomes "of ticketing age"

TIA for all of you help...
Presidents Day is the 18th so I don't think you'd be anywhere near the crowd-- but I don't know, I'm only going by theory. I do know there's a fair sized convention (11,500) Feb 22-25 and a much smaller one (Feb 27-March 4th) that could affect your hotel choices.

I would go Feb 29- Mar 2nd. Only because we are going the 20th-24th, and the DLR resorts seem to be mostly booked, as well as the GNH around the area. We are pretty sure it's going to be pretty slam packed. I booked on the same theory as you thinking that the holiday weekend would be over, so the crowds should go back down, but alas, there are people with the entire week off. :( I'm already wishing we could change our dates, unfortunately dh has a set time he has to be back since this is his pre-deployment leave, and MIL already has her flights, so we are pretty much locked in at this point.

I'd pick the later days. Many kids have the entire Presdient's Week off school and I expect the parks will be moderate to heavy for crowds.

Makes me glad we are going on Mar. 4-8. We might miss the cheerleaders since we are leaving on Sat. 3/8. So will only be at DLR Tues through Fri.

Presidents Day is the 18th so I don't think you'd be anywhere near the crowd-- but I don't know, I'm only going by theory. I do know there's a fair sized convention (11,500) Feb 22-25 and a much smaller one (Feb 27-March 4th) that could affect your hotel choices.

According to the Unofficial Guide, there is a small conference that you mentioned from 2/27 - 3/4 (about 2000), but there is also one from 2/27 - 3/2 for about 40,000 people! That is the Religious Education Congress. Unfortunately, that is when we are going. I don't get my bonus until 2/25 so DL will be the second half of our trip.

There's a BIG cheerleading competition the 22nd-25th of Feb. at the Convention Center. So you will probably see cheerleaders there at various times.

According to the Unofficial Guide, there is a small conference that you mentioned from 2/27 - 3/4 (about 2000), but there is also one from 2/27 - 3/2 for about 40,000 people! That is the Religious Education Congress. Unfortunately, that is when we are going. I don't get my bonus until 2/25 so DL will be the second half of our trip.

Phew! I only get 1 day at DL this trip (shhhhh...I'm going to be in the area and couldn't resist...family would KILL me if they knew LOL!) so I'm glad I'll be there Monday the 3rd, rather than Sunday!:eek:

Lucky you! We're leaving on the 3rd. We will probably go on the 29th and the 1st and go to see other things in the area on the 2nd. I'll be using a touring plan just to make sure I see everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter