Feb 2022 booked!

Inga

DIS Veteran
Woot woot!!! Just got my 7 month window Aulani room booked this morning, 7 days starting Feb 12, 2022 in an island garden view studio. Now the research begins to figure out the best room view and to make a request to DVC - and the figuring out of how to do that!!!

woot woot hurtle #1 complete!

inga

I believe we'll be checking out the day you check in! Haven't been to Aulani since 2012, and it will be our son's first time in Hawaii (well, outside the womb, haha).

We're going the following week (2/19) but my booking window is borked by the IT shutdown of member services, will be anxiously watching for when they are back up and running on the 20th.

I believe we'll be checking out the day you check in! Haven't been to Aulani since 2012, and it will be our son's first time in Hawaii (well, outside the womb, haha).

Wonderful! This will be our 3rd or 4th time? Not sure. fingers crossed everything is open when we’re there…

Woot woot!!! Just got my 7 month window Aulani room booked this morning, 7 days starting Feb 12, 2022 in an island garden view studio. Now the research begins to figure out the best room view and to make a request to DVC - and the figuring out of how to do that!!!

woot woot hurtle #1 complete!

inga
Same dates, except I'm trying to get an 8th night into February 20 and it's just about impossible. DVC availability is nuts right now.

Same dates, except I'm trying to get an 8th night into February 20 and it's just about impossible. DVC availability is nuts right now.
The weekends were the biggest worry for us, the weekdays definitely had more availability. I feel we were very fortunate to get a full week in one room, and to get the view we wanted. It has allowed us to book 9 days at WDW for my niece’s university graduation trip in June 2022 as we didn’t have to splurge for an ocean view because an island garden view was available…we don’t have a lot of points (90) so usually do a lot of borrowing/banking to get a substantial trip booked. And with Covid and the border closed between US and Canada, we need to get these points spent or we will definitely lose them.

The weekends were the biggest worry for us, the weekdays definitely had more availability. I feel we were very fortunate to get a full week in one room, and to get the view we wanted. It has allowed us to book 9 days at WDW for my niece’s university graduation trip in June 2022 as we didn’t have to splurge for an ocean view because an island garden view was available…we don’t have a lot of points (90) so usually do a lot of borrowing/banking to get a substantial trip booked. And with Covid and the border closed between US and Canada, we need to get these points spent or we will definitely lose them.
There's a big disconnect in price on that holiday weekend, too. Cash prices are extremely high for the 19th and 20th, but it's still the lowest points season. I did the math and I believe it works out to be the best points value of the whole year.

We have 200 points but a big group going, so we're splitting cash and points. We really want to use points those last two nights because of the price difference over the rest of the week.

We were originally wait listed for the nights of Feb 19 and 20, but we were just able to book those today so we have our whole week booked now. Don't give up!
Dang, that's awesome... What unit were you able to grab? I was able to get one studio and a 1BR, but I really want to get into a 2BR OV so we don't have to change rooms for one night right at the end of our trip.

Dang, that's awesome... What unit were you able to grab? I was able to get one studio and a 1BR, but I really want to get into a 2BR OV so we don't have to change rooms for one night right at the end of our trip.

We have a dedicated 2 BR OV (not a lockoff). My brother wanted a 2 BR but was only able to get a 1 BR island view and is still waitlisted for one of his nights. We should have plenty of space to move people around between the two of us (total party of 13 people and an infant).

We have a dedicated 2 BR OV (not a lockoff). My brother wanted a 2 BR but was only able to get a 1 BR island view and is still waitlisted for one of his nights. We should have plenty of space to move people around between the two of us (total party of 13 people and an infant).
I'll pay you $200 for the 2BR OV on the 19th. 😂

I'll pay you $200 for the 2BR OV on the 19th. 😂

My mom had some questions about the new borrowing points rules and one time use points and asked to be elevated to a manager. When she asked about my brother's reservation and the missing night he told her that they were beginning to fulfill waitlist requests now, and that it was likely he would end up getting the night.

My mom had some questions about the new borrowing points rules and one time use points and asked to be elevated to a manager. When she asked about my brother's reservation and the missing night he told her that they were beginning to fulfill waitlist requests now, and that it was likely he would end up getting the night.
Interesting, it sounds like filling waitlist requests is a much more manual process than I realized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter