Feb 2019

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by jlwhitney, Jul 11, 2018 at 11:20 PM.

1. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

pros and cons of feb

Would be sat-Mon or sun-Tuesday as park days

Not the holiday weekend

2. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

I would go with your first set of dates because there is a good chance that the parks will be on the non-peak schedule at that time. Non-peak = shorter hours, less staffing, more construction and refurbs, nighttime entertainment on weekends only (Fri., Sat., Sun.), etc. Your first set of dates would give you Sat. and Sun. for fireworks, F!, and PTN (if it is still running at that time). WOC usually runs nightly. Also, be aware that Feb. isn't necessarily a low crowd month. Last year, many posters here reported that they found their Feb. visits to be surprisingly crowded.

TheZue likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Buson808

Buson808 Earning My Ears

I go every feb. yup i would pick the first dates. More to do....

5. LizzyS

LizzyS DIS Veteran

I'm beginning to plan a trip the last Sunday-Wednesday of February 2019 and others are right in that the weekend days during non-peak season will offer you more, entertainment and park hours-wise.

6. Jaina

Jaina Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long, VMK story.

Following. We were thinking about a quick 1-day visit during the last week of Feb/1st week of March...

7. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

We are hoping for lower crowds but going more when we can and when DVC points are lower and we can book

We haven’t been to Disneyland in over 5 years. Crossing fingers Ptn is showing.

8. tarheelalum

tarheelalum DIS Veteran

Pick the Saturday start date for sure but be prepared for lots of ride closures and rain sometimes.

blackjackdelta likes this.
  9. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

RIde closures are my biggest worry, but more so the ones that are different or better at DL then WDW. We go to WDW all the time, so the ones that are the same or similar I don't care about. Rain, well I can handle that...FLorida enough said.

10. beachdreamr1229

beachdreamr1229 DIS Veteran

Pros are less crowds, generally cooler weather. I actually really love going in February.

Cons are ride closures, limited nightly entertainment (i.e. weekends only for fireworks), and shorter hours. But if you don't go for PtN/Fireworks/etc., it's really not a big deal.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  11. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

We we do go for night shows too which is why we will have weekend days in our schedule. Next year is tough since the best times for us to travel are feb/early march or june, but june runs the risk of SWL opening and we want to avoid that.

12. tarheelalum

tarheelalum DIS Veteran

And the ride closures this coming February might be very significant with Star Wars coming later in the summer. And unlike Disney World, Disneyland often will not say much about the closures in advance. Also operating hours are reduced in February but you can check historical calendars to see what it will likely be like on the dates you wish to go.

13. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

I am fine with shorter days as a whole seeing we will a have a 6,3 and 8 month old with . As long as cars land is the main one that would suck if closed.

14. FrazierFamily

FrazierFamily Earning My Ears

Out of curiosity, why would the star wars land opening mean more closures in other lands? I assumed the opposite, they would avoid much work on the rest to focus on star wars.

15. lsumatt72

lsumatt72 Earning My Ears

We are making our first ever trip to DLR Feb 27 - March 5 2019. Hoping it won't be bad, especially since it's after President's Day.

Our plan is to be in the parks Thurs, Friday, Sunday and Monday. We are touring the surrounding areas on Saturday. I am also doing the Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour on that Sunday since I figure it will be a busier day.

And DLR vets think this is a good idea or should it be done on that Friday? Also, what nights would be best to view Fantasmic and WOC (assuming they are on those four days we are in the parks)?

16. lunasea

lunasea Mouseketeer

February is a wonderful time. Yes, shorter hours but much quieter in the parks so you can do hat you wan to do in less time. And rain is very rare out here, plus there are so many rides the rain does not effect. And I saw less ride closures this past winter than I have seen this summer.

17. lsumatt72

so do you getting maxpass would be a waste? I'd hate to purchase then have no need for it

18. lunasea

lunasea Mouseketeer

For us, we get a lot of use out of our pass as we love to ride and ride again and park hop a lot. Its also just my husband and I. It will depend on the height of your kiddos and what all they can ride. With how young your kids are, I'm not sure it would be worth it for you. This is a list of all the MaxPass rides: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/fastpass/

And looking at a previous post I missed of yours - Sundays are actually pretty quiet in the morning, even during the busy times of year. In February, I'd say probably until noon until the APers finally roll out of bed and start to hit the parks.

lsumatt72 likes this.
  19. lsumatt72

Well it will just be my wife and I this trip. OP is the one with the youngsters haha!

20. lunasea

lunasea Mouseketeer

Haha, sorry, on my phone and all I saw was no icon, my dim screen can't tell the difference between the symbols :P

For two adults, yes yes and more yes if you are going to be there for the day and if you have park hoppers. There's nothing more satisfying to scan your FastPass at Space Mountain, make one for Guardians, then stroll over and walk past a 60+ minute queue. We thought it would be a waste but sprung for it as its our last year here (military) and its the best $150 for the year we could have spent to add it to our APs. My favorite part is having lunch in DTD and being able to make a MaxPass, so I can immediately be back on a ride once I get into the park. Plus it means I can walk around and enjoy other things instead of rushing to rides or FP kiosks.

lsumatt72 likes this.
  21. tarheelalum

tarheelalum DIS Veteran

Prior to the opening of Star Wars land they will likely have a lot of closures to make sure everything will be in good condition for the massive crowds.