Fay - eye witness account in Cocoa Beach

We're just to the northeast of Orlando and tonight we are getting some crazy rain and wind! So much for the quiet safety of the storm's center that we were in all day.
It's time for Fay to scoot along now.:rolleyes:

We're just to the northeast of Orlando and tonight we are getting some crazy rain and wind! So much for the quiet safety of the storm's center that we were in all day.
It's time for Fay to scoot along now.:rolleyes:
We're just northeast of Orlando as well...much worse today than the past couple days. What's messed up is that the kids were home due to the storm on Tuesday and Wednesday, but had to go to school today when the weather is clearly at it's worst!!

We're just northeast of Orlando as well...much worse today than the past couple days. What's messed up is that the kids were home due to the storm on Tuesday and Wednesday, but had to go to school today when the weather is clearly at it's worst!!

:wave2: Hi dursin! We're in Oviedo, we must be close.

I just had the same conversation with our bus driver and she isn't too happy about having the kids out either. This sure isn't the kind of weather I felt good about sending DD6 off into. As you said, almost nothing to speak of for weather on Tues/Wed but today is horrible - high wind/rain, downed trees, etc.
And for all our coastal friends, I sure hope this stops soon.

Please Fay, GO AWAY.
:crazy2:

Look at all you guys so close :) We're in Altamonte Springs.

At work right now in Apopka and it's coming down pretty heavily. My boss was supposed to go to Gainesville to do some research today but cancelled his trip - I don't blame him!

Good luck to everyone cruising today!

I called my mom in Cocoa this morning (Thursday), and she said the rain is finally letting up. She has water in her garage, but it hasn't gone over the concrete curbs into her house...yet! Many people further south are truly flooded out of their homes - very sad.

I think that we can all say, Thank God, that she didn't pick up force just sitting there with the warm water right at the beach.

I hope this remains true.

Glad to hear from you Shirley! :hug:

I know I have two very stir crazy family members right now - so you guys must be going nuts too! Sit tight and enjoy some down time, I guess...... I know you don't get much of that normally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter