Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None at all

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • All of them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
With the X-Men franchise going into full Disney reboot mode in the next few years, what are your favorite films in the main pre-Disney franchise?. I excluded Deadpool and the Wolverine films because as I said, this is focusing on the main franchise itself.

I don't get the whole superhero genre thing. For kids, sure, but it's definitely not my thing. So my vote is none.

This was tough. I've gone with Days Of Future Past just for the thrill of seeing so many on screen at once and one of the biggest displays of different mutant powers from the X Men.

I love the first and second movies but I don't feel they've aged well.

I was incredibly disappointed by Dark Phoenix.

Honestly, none of them are really very good except for First Class. I liked the first one when it first came out, but I agree that it hasn't aged well. I never thought the second one was as good as it was hyped to be, and pretty much all of the others are just bad (well, I never even saw the last two). First Class is certainly a decent film, but unfortunately as it is tied to a dead franchise, it is somewhat pointless. I have grown to where I can't stand the X-Men anyway (due to the comics) so I don't really know if I care about them coming into the MCU - maybe they will do them better.

I think the Deadpool and Wolverine solo movies were better than the X-Men movies, but it's easier to execute a good solo movie, right?

(looks at Man of Steel) OK, maybe not.

Anyway, X2 was good in that the story was cohesive, and there was no real need to introduce a tonne of new characters, which you can see them trying to do for X-Men.

Days of Future Past was a concept that really shouldn't work within the confines of a 2 hour movie, but they managed to do it, and managed to do a good adaptation.

Where's Wolverine? Also - does Deadpool 2 count?

I vote for Deadpool 2.
Fumier than first and I thought Juggernaut was one of the best villains as he was more realistic looking than most other cgis.
I kinda like the Xmen movie with quick flash or whatever his name is.
Really couldn't take many of the other ones.
And I really only liked the slowdown animation.
Getting pretty sick of superhero movies myself.

Haven't seen any since The Last Stand, unless you count the Wolverine and Deadpool movies.

The timeline doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts