Favorite time of year to tent camp

RubySlippers

DIS Veteran
at the fort? If you tent camp when do you love to go? We are thinking about October maybe? Thoughts?

Thanks
Ruby

I would say Christmas (Dec.) although we are going the end of Oct-Nov this year. I think it is a little easier because of the weather. We have traditionally gone the the first two weeks of June because of school and that a nice time also. I think that Tent camping would be better in the early spring or fall..

We don't tent camp(5th wheel) but we have been in Jan. 2x(low crowds and really cool weather), Oct.:-)worship:), Nov.(nice and not crowded)and May:-)scared1: HOT, beautiful flowers, not too crowded) and our fav. time hands down is Oct. Less crowds, lower heat and the MNSSHP...what more to say!!!:thumbsup2

Definitely autumn! I love tent camping, but I can't stand trying to sleep at night in a hot tent with all that heavy, hot air pressing down on you. Ick!

We usually stay the longest in Sept becaue I can get a better discount (9 nights is our longest). I love Halloween at the fort, but I usually have to pay full price for a site during that time. So we only stay 2-3 nights over Halloween.

Last year, we stayed at the Fort in April... and the day we checked in was the day the last cold front came through. Talk about freezing my bejeberz off, it got into the 40's at night. By the end of the trip it was actually very nice out. It's much easier to deal with the heat cause we just use an air conditioner. I barely slept that first night.

I'm a bit different, I like it hot. June-July for me. We were there June 27th-July 18th this year and loved the weather. We didn't even have to run the heaters much at night (unlike in June) to keep out the dampness.

Because of the summer heat and rain, anytime October through March is perfect as far as the weather. Crowds are very small in October and early November.:cool1::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter