Favorite thing to eat with homemade chicken noodle soup?

maslex

DIS Veteran
I'm planning on making a chicken soup tomorrow but I'm not sure what I want to make with it. It'll just be 3 of us since one son will be working. I'm fine & dandy with just having a bowl of soup and calling it dinner but the men folk need something with it that can stick to their ribs I guess.

I'm thinking of sandwiches but not sure what kind. What are your favorites to eat with soup?

And do you have a great homemade chicken noodle soup recipe you'd like to share?

I'm planning on making a chicken soup tomorrow but I'm not sure what I want to make with it. It'll just be 3 of us since one son will be working. I'm fine & dandy with just having a bowl of soup and calling it dinner but the men folk need something with it that can stick to their ribs I guess.

I'm thinking of sandwiches but not sure what kind. What are your favorites to eat with soup?

And do you have a great homemade chicken noodle soup recipe you'd like to share?

My favorite sandwiches to eat with soup are grilled cheese (plain or with ham or bacon) or tuna melts.

Sorry, can't help with a soup recipe. Chicken Noodle is DW's domain. I stick to making stuff like Minestrone, vegetable beef barley, and others.

If it were me, I would make a loaf of homemade bread to go with it. I have a bread machine and love using it. :) I would also make a nice dessert. A pie, cake, brownies, etc. As for a recipe for chicken noodle soup, I don't really have one but do make it once or twice during the winter. I just cook a couple chicken breasts then cut them up in bite size pieces and add them to a cooked package of noodles, along with a couple large cans/boxes of chicken stock/broth. I add carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper. That's about it. Let it all simmer on low for a couple of hours. I'm sure it would be even better made with homemade noodles, but I've never done that. And you could make your own chicken stock too, but I don't do that either. :)

I vote grilled cheese to go with soup!

But when I have it, I'm lazy and open cans, so I'm no help with a recipe.

I am from Texas, my family doesn't make Chicken soup. We make chicken and dumplings, it is chicken soup but better. Then you don't need anything to go with it.

Homemade bread is usually what I make with any soup.
This! :thumbsup2 I'm actually a terrible bread-maker, but I buy frozen dough which is pretty idiot-proof. Soft inside with a crusty outside, spread with cold, salty butter - perfection with homemade soup!

Nothing better than freshly baked bread (even if you have to get it from the bakery) and real butter to go with homemade soup.

I make soup every time I've roasted a chicken. Since there are only 2 of us, there are always left over. First I remove most of the meat from the carcass and throw all the bones into the stock pot with equal amounts of chicken stock and water. Simmer for a half hour or so, then strain it to remove the bones. In the mean time I cut up the chicken meat and chop an onion, a couple of carrots, and 2-3 stalks of celery. Once the stock is returned to the pot, add the prepared ingredients plus some chopped parsley, minced garlic, salt, and chopped thyme. Simmer for a further half hour, then add the egg noodles and cook till noodles are done. If I'm feeling like it, sometimes I'll add a handful each of frozen peas, beans, and corn as well.

I like a cold tuna sandwich on wheat with chicken noodle soup-not sure why, it just seems to go together

I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with chicken noodle soup.

I make popovers with soup or stew. Yummy!
My recipe is very easy- I use bone in chicken breast or thighs, chicken stock (or low sodium chicken broth) in a pot. (Use enough broth to cover the meat). Add 3 carrots cut up, 2 celery stalks cut up,2 onions cut into large chunks and season to taste. Boil for 30 minutes. Lower to an even simmer and cook until veggies are soft and chicken is ready to fall off the bones. Remove chicken from the pot, pull off of bone and return meat to the pot. Discard the bones. Garnish with parsley and serve with the hot popovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!