Favorite souvenirs???

lntsmom

<font color=teal>Soarin' is addictive!<br><font co
I know some of you seem to fairly live at Disneyland, so I thought I'd ask...what are your suggestions for favorite souvenirs for kids? My boys are 3 and 9. I figure we'll do the t-shirt thing. My younger one is wearing the WDW shirts I got my older son on our visit there, lol! T-shirts are a good value.

I already know I want a lanyard for myself...and the Mr. Potato head stuff is a MUST. But, what about my kids? When we went to DisneyWorld I didn't find much of anything that made me think, "Wow, we have GOT to get that!"

Is there anything specific to Disneyland that your kids have played with over and over????

Thanks!

Hardly original, but always my DS's favorite souveniers from the ages of 2-12:
1. Autograph book
2. Pressed pennies (book is optional)
3. Splash mountain photo

My DS likes to choose a theme; one year he bought everything Pluto (hat, pen, etc.), one year Sorcerer Mickey, last time it was Splash Mountain (shirt, beanies, etc.) He also likes to get candy that he can nibble on for weeks after we get back, as well as a new autograph book each time.

My kid's favorites have been, autograph books and Disney pens, pressed pennies and the books to store them in, and lanyards and pins. They also love Build a Bear in DTD. They have some cute Disney outfits for the bears as well. Last, but not least, don't forget your Mickey ears, especially the new golden ones for the 50th!

My 5-year old nephew likes his Buzz light twirler thingy. My SIL told me that he even sleeps with it. There are a lot of toys like that and the younger kids seem to really like them.

If your family is into playing games, there are quite a few Disney modifed games - Monopoly, Clue (Haunted Mansion), Life, etc. There is a Domino set I like that has Mickey heads for the dots, and comes in a tin -- that was $20.

Doesn't even look disney-related! We told our boys (ages 2 and 4 at the time) that they could have a souvenir, but only on the last day of the trip. We were going to let each boy have one, but my mom and MIL also wanted to buy them souvenirs, so they wound up with 3 each.

My older son's favorite (he still plays with it almost every day, a year later) is this "grabbie" thing - I'm not sure how it's related to Disney, but he can use it to grab most anything (nothing small like a coin, but a stuffed animal would be easy pickings). It's black and yellow, and you can use it with one hand. :earsboy:

can anyone tell me how many pressed penny places there are in DL? I wanna know how much change i need to bring with me :earsboy:

My kids each got a small snowglobe. They picked one that reminded them of something special at DL - one had the haunted mansion that played the music, one was of the Matterhorn, and the other was of the castle. All of these were different from what they had at WDW. We just had to make sure we packed them with the carryon luggage because the CM told us they would burst on the plane if we put them in with our checked bags.

My kid and I both got night clothes, this is great, (as neither of us are big tee shirt wearers,) and we get to wear them a lot. She loves her tinkerbell nightie.

We got each child their own photo album for 4x6 photos. It has a Holographic type picture on the front and room for 3o or so pics. Around $7 at Main Street store on the corner. Just make sure to get the photos in. We let each child pick out their own pics which made it more special for them.

The playsets are one of their favorites also. Even my older son had fun with one of the more boyish sets. A great selection at the Downtown Disney store and they run around $15. Make great Bday presents to take home for friends as well.

Pins

The things I have/had from when I was near that age was- Buttons (The big 2 inch across things), license plate, shirts

-em

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter