Favorite running song???

karapp75

Mouseketeer
Hi guys. I am doing c25k running program. Tomorrow I will be on week 6 day 3 and have my 25 minute run. I am looking for some new music to run to to help me get through it. As it is only fair to share, I currently enjoy running to the Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling" and the theme song to Rocky. (yes, I know it is cheesy but it works for me) :)

When I saw the title for your post I thought of the Black Eyed Peas song too. :thumbsup2
Good Luck on the C25K!

-nat

I have so many. I'm not sure I can pick a favorite. I love Rihanna, but could't pick one over another. Jazz Machine which is a latin song that I love, but can't think of the artist. Ironman by Black Sabbath. And, Drop It On Me by Ricky Martin. I love to dance, so my music I dance to inspires me to run faster!:banana:

My favorite is Right Now by Van Halen. Another good one is I Can go the Distance from the Hercules soundtrack.

My favorite is Right Now by Van Halen. Another good one is I Can go the Distance from the Hercules soundtrack.

Another vote for both of these songs, and I also like Break my stride covered by Ace of Base, or almost anything by Ace of Base. The Spectromagic theme is always good, too! :dance3:

2 that I have to have on my playist at the moment are:

"Lose Yourself" by Eminem & "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor:thumbsup2

I always set up a playlist before I start my c25k each night. Here is what I had on mine for tonight:

Stronger - Biggest Loser Power Mix
4 Minutes - Biggest Loser Power Mix
Bad Romance -Lady Gaga
Drink Up Me Hearties Yo Ho - Pirates of the Carribean at World's End. (It actually has very upbeat music, because of course it's pirates fighting. It's actually one of my favorite songs to run to.)
New Divide - Linkin Park
King of Pride Rock/Circle of Life (Reprise) - The Lion King Broadway Show. (Also very upbeat.)
Paranoid - Jonas Brothers. (I'm not sure if many adults like the Jonas Brothers, but I still find this and their other songs very upbeat and easy to run to.)
Fly with Me - Jonas Brothers
Jump - Glee Cast
Hate on Me - Glee Cast
Telephone - Lady Gaga

Hope that helps some!

My absolute favorite go-to song is Tubthumping by Chumba Wumba (the lyrics are..."I get knocked down, but I get up again, ain't nothing gonna keep me down...") You have probably heard the song but might not recognize the whacky title.

I also like "No one Left to Run With" by the Allman Brothers and, of course, "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen. If you need to pick up your pace, there are lots of Michael Jackson songs that have the right beat. I also use Katy Perry Hot n Cold.

I love these threads as I always get new ideas.

A fun topic! I always look forward to "It's My Life" coming up on my ipod. I also like a good dose of U2, "Where the Streets Have No Name" is an oldy but a goodie. For whatever reason, it gives me a little boost. My husband likes "Jump" by Van Halen and "ABC" by the Jackson 5. Have a great run!

Here's my current playlist:

Bad Things (theme from True Blood) - Jace Everett
Cecelia - Simon and Garfunkel
Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Because the Night (Live Version) - 10,000 Maniacs
White Flag - Dido
Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Holding Out for a Hero (from Footloose) - Bonnie Taylor

I also just finished Week 6, Day 3. Whoo Hoo!!!

I like "I Gotta Feeling" too! I also like "Boom Boom Pow" by the Black Eyed Peas, and just about any dance mix. I have some Lady Gaga and Rhianna dance mixes that are pretty fast and they keep me going. :)

My absolute favorite go-to song is Tubthumping by Chumba Wumba (the lyrics are..."I get knocked down, but I get up again, ain't nothing gonna keep me down...") You have probably heard the song but might not recognize the whacky title.

I love Tubthumping! I think I'll find my old CD and add that one to my playlist.

Running to music can make all of the difference, can't it!
here's some of my favorites:

Miss Independent - Kelly Clarkson
Running up that Hill -Kate Bush
Baby Did a bad Bad Thing - Chris Isaak
Pump It -Black eyed Peas
Been Caught Stealing -Jane's Addiction
Sexy back - Justin Timberlake
4 Minutes - Madonna
Harder to Breathe - Maroon 5
Sinnerman - Nina Simone
Theme from Mission Impossible

One of my favorites to run to is the Doors' LA Woman.

The songs speeds up and slows down so I can do intervals, and at the end gets really fast so I can push myself.

Go Hard or Go Home (remix) - E-40
I'm Talking to You - T.I.

there are...er...explicit rap songs, but MAN do they get the adrenaline going.

Let's Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas
Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
Low - Flo Rida
Don't Cha - Pussycat Dolls
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake
Right Round - Flo Rida
I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
Sexy Chick - David Guetta
Tik Tok - KeSha

I think I am going to add Blah Blah Blah - KeSha just cracks me up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts