Favorite restaurants that are not buffets

sppunk

God bless the Red Sox
Hi gang, we're looking at restaurants for dinner and wondering what your favorites are that aren't buffets. California Grill is a must-do for us (wife wants it!), and Artist Point most likely - we'll be staying in the WL, afterall.

Also, for reservations at other resorts for dinner - is it sometimes difficult to get back to WL? I know resort-to-resort transportation can be tricky sometimes.

Thanks. :)

The best restaurant at WDW is Artist Point, so you have that covered. Any of the signature restaurants would be great: I prefer Jiko, Flying Fish, Brown Derby and Citricos, to California Grill, Narcoossee or Yachtsman Steakhouse.

In the less expensive price range, 50s Prime Time Cafe is the best overall dining experience IMHO.

Whispering Canyon is always fun. We also like Spoodles, Mama Melrose, Liberty Tree Tavern and the Hoop Dee Doo Revue.

Kona is great too, either for breakfast or dinner. Transportation would be easy from WL, just take the boat to the CR then the monorail to the Poly.:yay:

Jiko is always a must for us now. Worth the extra travel time. Flying Fish is really good.

MGM - Sci Fi Dine in theater
EPCOT - chinese in world pavilion and garden grill
Boardwalk ESPN
Animal Kingdom Lodge - BOMA
Wilderness Lodge - Whispering Canyon
Wilderness campground Hoop dee doo

that should be a start....

Ohana....hands down our 1st choice.

We like Le Cellier if you have the time at EPCOT and want a good steak!

DH and I loved Cali Grill in the wineroom. You can't see the fireworks but that's OK by me. It was quieter and more intimate. Ask when you check in for your ADR and they'll tell you how much longer the wait is for a table in there, if any more.

Also like Rose and Crown and Le Cellier. I ordered dessert off the kids' menu at Le Cellier...saw that chocolate moose and had to have it. Dh likes the ales in R&C.

Citricos was good too. Ate dinner there and then walked out to the boardwalk to see the fireworks. Almost froze in Dec '05 doing this but it was worth it.

Am debating about Brown Derby for our May trip.

M in Maryland where it's snowing

Cali Grill is one of our favorites also Flying Fish, Spoodles, LeCellier and the new ones we want to try are Blue Zoo, JIKO, Coral Reef, Bistro de Paris and Wolfgang Puck Cafe!!!!!!

WOW we're sure giving you a wide variety!:goodvibes

MGM - Sci Fi Dine in theater
EPCOT - chinese in world pavilion and garden grill
Boardwalk ESPN
Animal Kingdom Lodge - BOMA
Wilderness Lodge - Whispering Canyon
Wilderness campground Hoop dee doo

that should be a start....

sppunk, while I also like Boma, please be aware that it is a buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter