Favorite Restaurants in the Resorts?

Claki

Mouseketeer
I have been checking out menus and reviews of the restaurants in the parks and at City Walk. Now I'm wondering if there are any hidden gems at the resorts? We have a split stay between Portofino Bay and Dockside, but we are happy to walk over to another resort to eat. Any favorites to share?

It’s all personal taste based on the hotel usual menus

I prefer dining service at Jakes for their steaks and Islands Dining Room for the Mongolian Beef at Royal Pacific for the dinner menu

For lunch, Hard Rock has a pretty good menu

Sounds like some good options and alternatives to City Walk. I don't hear too much about the Portofino table service restaurants -- we will probably skip them.

Sounds like some good options and alternatives to City Walk. I don't hear too much about the Portofino table service restaurants -- we will probably skip them.

Sal’s at PB has the best onsite pizza there is. They also do very good sandwiches.

The table service restaurants at PB are a miss for us, I didn’t think they were as good as described and we asked for some dishes to be altered due to allergies and we were told they couldn’t do it, which told me the sauces weren’t fresh/made in house. The one sauce we got tasted processed and watery and the dishes weren’t up to par generally. Very disappointing all round and not as authentic Italian as we’d have liked.

The Palm at HRH is wonderful for a special occasion. Steaks, service and everything else have always been excellent.

At RP there isn‘t a choice that isn’t wonderful. Jake’s for burgers, pizza, wings and crawfish chowder will delight you. Islands has several good options and Orchids Lounge for sushi is among the best sushi we’ve ever eaten.

Sapphire Falls has the best bar and food around in Strong Water Bar. They also have Amatista restaurant downstairs and again, never had anything short of fabulous at both.

RP and Sapphire also do the best breakfasts!!!

Bice at Portofino Bay, The Kitchen at The Hard Rock, & Jake’s at Royal Pacific are all really good!

Breakfast at the Kitchen at HRH is one of my favorite meals on property. It used to be a buffet, but I believe its now served family style. We also had dinner at the Kitchen and there was a time they did tableside magic on certain nights of the week which was a lot of fun, though I'm not sure if its been discontinued because of covid.

I second family style breakfast at the Kitchen at HRH. it’s offered on Saturday and Sunday and seatings end at 11am I believe but the continue to serve you up til noon. At least that’s what the hostess told me when I called to make my upcoming reservation at 10:45am

The Universal website says that brunch at the Kitchen is temporarily unavailable, but is it still going on, just family-style instead? If so, what kind of food do they serve family-style?

The Universal website says that brunch at the Kitchen is temporarily unavailable, but is it still going on, just family-style instead? If so, what kind of food do they serve family-style?

In February they served (unlimited but we only got seconds of one or two things)

Fresh fruit and berries
Juice and Coffee
Assorted danishes, croissants and muffins
Scrambled eggs (with or without cheese)
Bacon and sausage
Potato casserole- so yummy
Pancakes and French toast with maple syrup
And for $20 bottomless mimosas or Bloody Mary’s (I even got one to go!)

ETA - each guest can order an omelet with whatever ingredients they want. Also included!!!

I think that’s it but after our last trip it will be in our regular rotation. Even worth not waking up early for Hagrids!!!

Last edited:
Was brunch different from their regular breakfast offering? Pre-covid, the Kitchen offered a breakfast buffet until 11am-ish, which is still being offered but is being served family style instead. I don't recall if the Kitchen ever offered brunch service, which generally goes to the afternoon and incorporates more lunch-type foods. The breakfast buffet I remember never had lunch foods.

I just edited my post about the family style breakfast at The Kitchen. Each guest can also order an omelet with whatever ingredients they want. This is also included in the meal!!! DH and I split one and it was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter