Favorite restaurants/ ADRs?!

lolobug

DIS Veteran
What's your favorite restaurant(s)? Why? Do they serve alcoholic beverages? Costly? Any brewery/ pub type options? Thanks!

Update- we are staying at the POLY! My girls are (2) and (5). They are easily scared so I'm not sure how they will react to character dining. My oldest will be turning 5 our first day at the parks. I would LOVE to take her to CRT, however, I'm worried it might be a LOT of $$$ if she doesn't like the characters. Do they serve dinner at CRT?

Any other suggestions of restaurants?
DH loves beer and brew pubs! He's in the food and beverage business so he appreciates good food/beers. He is not a huge eater, probably one sit-down per day. Likes steak, seafood, burgers, Chinese, Mexican, Italian, sushi.

My girls are PICKY! Like hot dogs, pizza, quesadillas, pasta. Pancakes, waffles, bacon, French toast are favorites too. I will try to plan a sit down for dinner most likely, maybe we will sit down for breakfast too, lunch will be quick.

We will be spending a few days at te MK, at least 1 in AK and 1 in Epcot. Not sure if we will visit HS... Maybe we should do hopper? Favorite restaurants in the parks? Thanks!

My absolute favorite restaurant for dinner is Jiko. I love it because: it offers foods I don't know how to make, everything is delicious and always prepared perfectly, and i love the atmosphere. The entrees are delicious, but it's one of few places that i usually make a meal out of appetizers because they are soo good. One of my other favorite dinners is 'Ohana. The food isn't as good as Jiko, but I really do enjoy its atmosphere a lot, too. My favorite breakfast places are Kona Cafe (tonga toast!), Kouzzina, and Boma. As far as a pub setting, I've never been to either, but there is Raglan Road at downtown disney and Rose & Crown at epcot.

I forgot to add that they do all serve alcohol. Jiko has a very expansive wine list if you're into that. There are several wines that you can't find elsewhere. Entrees at Jiko run $30-40 and appetizers $10-15. 'Ohana is all you can eat/family style and costs about $35 for dinner. I think Boma's breakfast is about $20-25 (it's a buffet), and Kouzzina and Kona Cafe are your standard breakfast prices.

Here are some of my favorites

Jiko (great wine by the way)
Boma
Restaraunt Marrakesh
Teppan Edo (great sake)
Kona Cafe (great coffe, I know not alcoholic but still great)
Sanaa
La Hacienda (great margaritas)

MJMcBride said:
Here are some of my favorites

Jiko (great wine by the way)
Boma
Restaraunt Marrakesh
Teppan Edo (great sake)
Kona Cafe (great coffe, I know not alcoholic but still great)
Sanaa
La Hacienda (great margaritas)

Coffee is a must! We are staying in the contemporary, is kona cafe located there?

Big River at the boardwalk is a brewery. They have have a beer flight. Full bar too. The food is good. I love the nachos! We also like RFC and Trex. We sit at the bar and order apps. DH always orders a meal, usually the combo plates. Crews Cup at YC is a nice lounge and the food is really good. Depending on when you are going. These places are easy to get into too! Not overly expensive either. Especially by Disney standards! :goodvibes

1) We prefer
. . . fine food
. . . excellent, top notch service
. . . innovative dishes with flair and quality
. . . overall great value
. . . relaxed and soothing dining atmosphere
. . . behaved and somewhat quiet patrons

2) The only sit-down restaurants we patronize at WDW are
. . . Artist Point
. . . Citricos
. . . Il Mulino
. . . Sanaa
. . . Shula's Steakhouse
. . . Victoria and Albert's

Brown Derby has an amazing peachtree drink
Yachtsmen steakhouse is a new favorite of ours with great wine & beer
Le Cellier YUMMMMMMM!
Primetime 50s is a new fave for fried chicken.

All of my favorite restaurants serve alcohol. I love to have a nice drink at dinner! Now my favorite restaurants Kona cafe love their sushi, flying fish love everything I have ever tried there, tutto gusto the new wine cellar a great place for anything from sandwiches to pasta, and captains grill!

We just LOVE Rose & Crown Pub in Epcot. It's a must do on every trip - we usually get a dinner ADR close to Illuminations. It has a fun "pub" atmosphere. I have taken some info from the Margarita Gallery on the Food Blog website and plan on trying some of those on my next trip.

On our upcoming trip we have ADRs at:
Ohana (new for us) breakfast - we love Lilo and Stitch - could not get dinner res but still trying
R&C
Brown Derby - for Fantasmic pkg- the best of the three places offered
1900 Park Fare (new for us) - looking forward to trying the food here and the characters
Boma (new for us) - it's been on my must try list
Les Chefs de France - ate here on last trip and really liked it - atmosphere and food
Le Cellier (new for us) - I actually ate here a very long time ago and I think it was set up like a cafeteria where you went through a line to get your food. Does anyone remember that?
Sci-Fi Dine In - we love the atmosphere here - it's been several years since we ate here.

The Big River Grill and Brewing Company at Boardwalk is a working brewpub.

It is also not a Disney restaurant, it is a chain. It is operated by the same company that operates the Gordon Biersch brewpubs. That should give you an idea on how the food is, if not you can read about it at

http://www.bigrivergrille.com/

TDC Nala said:
The Big River Grill and Brewing Company at Boardwalk is a working brewpub.

It is also not a Disney restaurant, it is a chain. It is operated by the same company that operates the Gordon Biersch brewpubs. That should give you an idea on how the food is, if not you can read about it at

http://www.bigrivergrille.com/

There was a big piece of glass in my fathers food at big river grille

I agree that Raglan Road in DTD and Rose & Crown in Epcot might be right up your alley.

Other restaurants I really love are La Hacienda (fantastic margaritas!), Boma, Sanaa, and Tusker House (for characters).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter