Favorite QS Restaurants and Meals

SJMajor67

Mouseketeer
Heading down to WDW in less than two weeks and want to know what everyone's favorite QS restaurants and meals at said QS at any of the parks. I enjoy food and trying new things, and I'm sure people have favorites that I have not had, or did not were offered, so let's hear them!

Flame Tree BBQ at AK, Cosmic Rays at MK and Electric Umbrella have always been my favorites!

I like everything at the QS in Morocco. Epcot is just about the only place we get QS and we like all the countries except Germany and Italy and just because they are a little too heavy for us. We like BD lounge in HS but that's not QS. At AK we tend to go to Nomad Lounge for small plates but again not QS. We rarely at at MK since we usually aren't there for more than 3 or 4 hours.

We love Columbia Harbor House at MK- especially if you go at an off time, you can sometimes hit the upstairs and it's not too crowded. Satu'li Canteen at MK is good, too- we only snacked there in April but they've got some different things on the menu.

Pecos Bill, Pinocchio's Village Haus and Sunshine Seasons are some of my favorites.

Flame Tree BBQ at AK. Love sitting down by the water listening to the screams from Everest. Pulled pork sandwich with a side of onion rings. The onion rings at the Flame Tree are unusually good for a QS. I have not found them elsewhere in the parks.

Sunshine Seasons and Yorkshire County Fish Shop at Epcot. Sunshine Seasons is our favorite place for a filling meal. The breakfast platter is a filling though not necessarily the healthiest breakfast choice. For lunch the pork loin is our current favorite. A surprisingly large and tender chuck of pork loin. The fish shop is our occasional visit for a fried food fix. It is nice to sit by the lake and enjoy the breeze.

Columbia Harbor House at MK. An early lunch sitting up on the second floor overlooking the walkway is a relaxing respite from the MK crowds.

Still searching for something at HS.

Harambe Market and Satuli Canteen at AK
Tangierine Cafe and La Cantina at Epcot
Be Our Guest lunch at MK
and at DHS they're all kind of boring

MK Columbia Harbor house, Peco Bills
EPCOT Katsura Grill, Sunshine Seasons, All of the Festival Kiosks
AK Satu'li Canteen, Flame Tree BBQ
HS - Backlot if you must pick one.

Counter Service

Magic Kingdom Columbia Harbor, Caseys, Pecos Bills
Epcot Yorkshire County, Sunshine Seasons
Hollywood Studios Backlot Express
Animal Kingdom Nothing really stands out for us

AK-Satu'li Canteen - a real surprise and new favorite (Beef bowl is so good)
Epcot - Yorkshire Fish & Chips Shop (hit it early while the oil is fresh) Tangierine cafe (always good)
Disney Springs - Wolfgang Puck Express, D-Luxe Burger
Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbor House (tasty tuna salad & lobster roll)
DHS - Disappointing, I eat elsewhere

MK- Caseys (Mac & cheese hot dog) and Pinocchio's (Sausage & Pepperoni Flatbread)
EP- Yorkshire Fish shop (Fish & Chips)
HS- Backlot Express (Darth Vader chicken & waffles) *this was the only QS place i've eaten at in HS, however
AK- Satuli Canteen (Kids meal hot dog wrapped in dough- sounds simple but dough was really good)

MK - Sleepy Hollow (Sweet and Spicy Chicken Waffle or Fresh Fruit Waffle with Nutella)
EP - Tangierine Cafe (Chicken Shawarma platter)
AK - Satu'li Canteen (Either a bowl or the cheeseburger pods)
DHS - ??? On those days, we either get an ADR at Sci-Fi (not that much more than QS) or Beaches & Cream - or hop to Epcot

Off the top of my head:

MK: Grilled salmon at Columbia Harbour House, Braised Pork at Be Our Guest lunch

MK
  • Peco Bills
  • Casey's Corner
  • Columbia Harbor House
  • Be Our Guest
EP
  • Sunshine Seasons (Future World)
  • Katsura Grill (Japan)
HS
  • Fairfax Fare
  • ABC Commissary
AK
  • Flame Tree Barbecue
  • Restaurantosaurus
  • Harambe Market

I was sufficiently impressed by my bean and beef bowl at Satu'li Canteen in AK that I went back to try the cheeseburger pods and blueberry dessert (both also interesting and good, although the bowl won out over the pods). Proper crockery and cutlery was also very nice at Disney QS.

The chicken and waffles at the Backlot Express at HS was fine although nothing amazing (decent selection of dips), and the topping bar at Cosmic Ray's in MK elevated a fairly pedestrian burger a bit. I didn't feel the need to go back like I did with the Satu'li Canteen, for sure.

In the parks, Satuli Canteen is the best. I like the sweet potato/potato hash, the chimichurri sauce (now called onion or something), and so far have enjoyed the tofu and the chicken. May try the beef next time. Their cheeseburger pods are also good.

Epcot has several good QS places, but when doing QS I usually go for the festival kiosks there.

Not a fan of any QS at the MK or HS.

At the resorts, my favorite QS is Contempo Cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter