Favorite pool to hop to

Rick195275

DIS Veteran
Was planning to take advantage of the pool hopping and use the Grand flo pool in April, but just saw a post about it being added to the restricted list. Got me thinking to where to pool hop now. Where is everyone’s favorite pool to hop to?

We liked the Dig Site at Coronado Springs. My husband and son loved heading to Stormalong Bay many years ago when it was still on the list to hop to. The main pool at CBR is really crowded during the day.

PO-RS
Usually quite, lots of trees for shade, rocking chairs on porch of bar area, cane pole fishing from bar area porch, close to food court, etc.

I would say the best pools on property besides Beach Club are Animal Kingdom Lodge (both Jambo House for the biggest pool at WDW and Kidani for the bigger slide/ great kids splash area) and Coronado Springs. It will be interesting to see if the Coronado Springs pool becomes crowded with the opening of the new tower.

Last edited:

I would say the best pools on property besides Beach Club are Animal Kingdom Lodge (both Jambo House for the biggest pool at WDW and Kidani for the bigger slide/ great kids splash area) and Coronado Springs. It will be interesting to see if the Coronado Springs pool becomes crowded with the opening of the new tower.
Reminder that BC pool (Stormalong Bay and the villas pool) are on the no hopping list.

We use to go to the Grand Floridian and only one we did pool hop, good thing I saw this as we are going in few weeks and would have tried the GF. Just checked on DVC site and this is the new list :(
Pool hopping is not available at the following pools—with no exceptions to this policy:
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort – Bay Cove Pool
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort – pools
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas – leisure pool
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – pools
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort – The Lava Pool and leisure pool
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and The Copper Creek Springs Pool
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Stormalong Bay

I’m far too lazy to pool hop in general. The pool is an important factor of where I own/book although it’s nice to try out other pools when i can switch over at 7 months (Bcv/Poly)

I thought AKV pools were on the forbidden list.

I second Boardwalk. The only bad thing is, the gym door is now kept locked (or at least was on my last visit) so you don't have access to a locker or shower. I did very nicely ask a manager about utilizing a shower and locker and they personally let me in. The Boardwalk pool is big enough and deep enough that you can actually swim and move around without bumping in to everyone.

My guess is too many park guests were using the GF pools, and AKV pools aren’t within close distance to a park, that you’d want to take an afternoon dip. Especially the Kidani pool. It’s small and totally in the sun, although the children area is top notch.

We have utilized the boardwalk pool coming from the studios in mid afternoon and returning to the studios. A nice walk...again, once the construction is finished...I wouldn’t do the walk now.

We were spoiled this trip and stayed at both the Poly and BCV, the GK were happy swimmers.

I think the Kidani pool is my favorite for the kiddies

It’s a tough one to keep an eye on the GD, same as SAB. Forgot how fast kids can move lol

My guess is too many park guests were using the GF pools, and AKV pools aren’t within close distance to a park, that you’d want to take an afternoon dip. Especially the Kidani pool. It’s small and totally in the sun, although the children area is top notch.

We have utilized the boardwalk pool coming from the studios in mid afternoon and returning to the studios. A nice walk...again, once the construction is finished...I wouldn’t do the walk now.

We were spoiled this trip and stayed at both the Poly and BCV, the GK were happy swimmers.

Cynic in me wondering if some of those who come to dine or just say hi to the animals (non DVC) will now be tempted to utilize the pool.

My family loves the quiet pools. And some of those quiet pools you can get almost to yourself even in the summer. Keep the headliners, I'll go relax in the serene waters of most of the quiet pools. One of the best was the one by the Paddock at SSR. Even had access to cups of ice water and it's a zero entry pool. I cannot recall a time it ever really got crowded and we even had a slid. This year I am really looking forward to that quiet pool over at Congress Park.

The Boardwalk pool is big enough and deep enough that you can actually swim and move around without bumping in to everyone.

Being able to swim in a pool always makes it a fave of mine. :)

BW, Coronado, and honestly I’d hop over to Pop for a swim if I ever had a trip that allowed the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter