Favorite podcasts?

Suprize2017

Mouseketeer
I am trying to find some podcasts to keep my mind busy when I’m out on my walks. I’m fine for my music and have favorite playlists, but would like to find some engaging podcasts that are pleasant to listen to, not overrun with ads, and nothing too creepy because I am out between 3:30-5:30 in the morning, which means it’s completely dark out. My overactive imagination will totally allow me to freak out if I listen to something too creepy.

So, if you listen to podcasts, please share your favorites!

Thank you!

I like Bananas. It’s on the My Favorite Murder’s Exactly Right Network. It’s 2 hosts and maybe a guest and tell tell weird news stories. It’s quite lighthearted. Not a ton of ads.

I mostly listen to news podcasts but one I live that isn't news focused is Hidden Brain. It's definitely not for everyone since it's more educational than entertainment but I really enjoy it.

I mostly listen to running or Disney podcasts. No-Guilt Disney, Beyond the Mouse, and Ali on the Run. I also listen to Somm TV History of Wine.

Binge Mode
The Ringer Verse
My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Still Watching
The Big Picture
Not A Podcast ASOIAF

Trail Runner Nation
Outside Podcast
WDW Radio
Binge Mode
National Parks After Dark. (Really good, but is certainly creepy at times)
Office Ladies
Parks and Recollection

The Pixie Chicks Podcast
Marvel Cinematic Universe Podcast if you like that franchise - usually only one ad per episode unless it's a really long one

I usually listen to Disney podcasts:

WDW Radio
Progress City Radio Hour (underrated gem!!)
Medfield College Film Society

And the past few weeks I've been working through Lou Mongello's old Magic Kingdom audio tours on iTunes. As somebody who visited WDW for the first time in 2015, it's always interesting to learn about what things looked like in 2010, as well as the history of the parks further back in time.

Thanks everyone! I’m slowly adding these to my library! I listened to the No Guilt Disney podcast this morning and chose the episode all about RunDisney. Got me all kinds of excited for Princess and Spring Surprise, which in turn got me all kinds of frustrated that we still don’t know anything about the Spring Surprise weekend! 🤪😂

On a recent road trip, I discovered Rotten Tomatoes Is Wrong. It's a couple of folks who work for RT and industry guests who debate a film, TV series or individual filmmaker's work and whether critic consensus got it wrong. You can kind of pick and choose episodes as each is about one topic, and they are roughly an hour long with just one or two ad breaks.

A good way not to have ads is to make sure your podcast app doesn’t use cellular data. It might not eliminate all of them, but I found with Stitcher it eliminates almost all.

If you like history podcasts let me know, I have a number of them that I like but know they aren’t what a lot of people like to listen to when exercising.

Ok, nerd alert but if you ever played D&D, there is a group of voice actors that play every week on Critical Role. Each episode is roughly 4 hours long, and they are now into their 3rd campaign. I have watched/listened to hundreds of hours while on the treadmill, walking and even driving. Even if you aren't into the game, it's a fantasy setting and they are hilarious. Highly recommend.

We Like Theme Parks - they do both Disney and Universal stuff (most of it is Disney though honestly). They're comedians and sometimes I full on laugh out loud while I'm working (so I save listening to it for days I'm working from home rather than in the office lol). There are so many episodes and they're all fantastic! They play games and have all kinds of fun segments, and I don't have any ads (I listen on my podcast app on my iPhone so not sure if there are any on other platforms).

I mostly listen to running or Disney podcasts. No-Guilt Disney, Beyond the Mouse, and Ali on the Run. I also listen to Somm TV History of Wine.
I love Ali on the Run! I also like I'll have another with Lindsey Hein. In both, they interview (mostly) female professional runners. There are great stories of disappointments, perseverance, and success!

disunplugged, Be Our Guest Podcast (decent amount of runDisney discussions), 3028 Disney History podcast, Disney Dish with Len Testa and Jim Hill, The Filmcast

If you're into Disney podcasts (which I suspect), I'd suggest the Thirty28, Disney Dish, Retro Disney World, Marty Called, WDW Radio, Progress City U.S.A., Notably Disney, Book of the Mouse Club, and of course the DIS Unplugged. Beyond that, since you're listening early in the morning, I'd suggest longform interview shows like Fresh Air, Longform, and Marc Maron. Those are good when you're not looking for anything too intense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter