favorite places to eat in Vegas

kailuagirl

DIS Veteran
What are your favorite places to eat in Vegas?

In particular, do you have a favorite Mexican Restaurant? Doesn't have to be on the strip.

Thanks!!

I like the Earl of Sandwich in Planet Hollywood, the Wicked Spoon Buffet in the Cosmopolitan, the Buffet in The Rio.

The Buffet in the Bellagio is excellent also. I can not recommend Mexican as I have never tried any there. Hope this helps.

Another vote for the Bellagio!

PS are you still living in Kailua? I am in a neighboring city. :)

As for Mexican, honestly, I only know the good "homely very authentic" SoCal ones, and because of that, I just always go to Chipotle if I am not near one of them!

Take a look at the Border Grill at Mandalay Bay..menu on website authentic Mexican..good prices...We will be there in September for a wedding, and we will eat here as often as possible. I didn't know about earl of sandwich at PH...we will have to try that:) LOVE VEGAS!!!!!

yes, still in Kailua honeylove, where are you Kaneohe/Waimanalo? :) I love the socal homey mexican places, albert taco's, los galendreus (spell, butchered this one, haha), but oh is it good!!! we like mexican where the locals go to. Mexican food here in Hawaii is Terrible with a capital T.

We do love the Bellagio buffet and it usually is on our must eat list everytrip, but I've heard good things about Wicked Spoon, so wanna check that out for sure. Good suggestions! Thanks

yes, still in Kailua honeylove, where are you Kaneohe/Waimanalo? :) I love the socal homey mexican places, albert taco's, los galendreus (spell, butchered this one, haha), but oh is it good!!! we like mexican where the locals go to. Mexican food here in Hawaii is Terrible with a capital T.

We do love the Bellagio buffet and it usually is on our must eat list everytrip, but I've heard good things about Wicked Spoon, so wanna check that out for sure. Good suggestions! Thanks

Kaneohe! :) Glad to see other HI people on here!

Hash House a-Go-Go on West Sahara across from CarMax (haven't been to the one in Imperial Palace).
Firefly on Paradise
Margaritaville
Claim Jumper

Mexican - Isla at Treasure Island (Enjoyed more than we thought)
Italian - Battista's Hole In The Wall (Audrie St behind Flamingo)
Burgers - Burger Brasserie (Hall between Paris and Ballys)
Buffet - Carnival World at Rio
Deli - Carnegie Deli at Mirage (Bring your appetite or share)
Others - Cheescake Factory and Olive Garden for those that don't live near them. Bellagio and Planet Hollywood Buffets. America in New York for 24 hour menu.

Many other places are great but these are the ones we try to get to. Left the high end places out as they are pretty much all good.

You just have to go back time and time again and try everything.

Been to Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill at Caesars Palace two times and both times the food was amazing and the atmosphere too! Highly recommend it!

Mon Ami Gabi and the Sunday brunch buffet at Paris

Olives at Bellagio

Mesa Grill at Caesars

Emeril's Fish House at MGM Grand

Diablos at Monte Carlo

9 Fine Irishmen at NY, NY

Hash House a GoGo at Imperial Plaza

Buffet at Wynn

Burger Bar at Mandalay Bay

Mexican:

Casa don Juan, downtown Las Vegas

Lindo Michoacan, any location (closest to the strip is Desert Inn & Eastern)

On the Strip - Border Grill - Haven't eaten there in a few years, but turkey tostadas were always good and the tamales are AMAZING.

Our family loves the buffets. On our last trip we ate only buffets for lunch and dinner. They are pricey but my son is picky, so we love the variety. Our favorites were at Rio and at The Mirage. We also loved the pizza at New York New York.

the Peppermill
and another vote for the Bellagio went for New Years Eve and LOVED it!!!

Hash House A Go Go is great, they have several locations. Also, if you're into the greasy spoon diner thing, check out one of the many Blueberry Hill restaurants. Large menu, cheap, diner.

As others have mentioned, Mesa is really good. Wolfgang Puck's at the MGM is pretty good. My wedding reception was there. My wife recently ate at Le Cirque and really enjoyed it.

As far as Mexican goes, I've never had Mexican in Vegas since there are so many other options. I'd say avoid chains and find a good local place, maybe even near UNLV since there are more locals around there.

My all time Vegas favorite, because I love beer and German food, and because I have many fond memories there, is Hofbrauhaus. It is across the street from Hard Rock.

Prime at the Bellagio is my favorite restaurant on the planet.

Others: Tao, Lavo, STK, and the Bellagio Champs Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter