Favorite Otter Spot

djblu883

DIS Veteran
We have a place on Lake Guntersville in Alabama and love to watch the Otters there. The best time is Early AM..They love to frolic and make whoopie in a cove near our home and are a pure joy to watch!!They also like to munch on the local mussel population...funny to see as they lay on their backs and pound on them with rocks on their bellies!!!! Too bad I don't have a ZOOM Lens...they don't like being seen...we have managed by camping in a tent close to the edge so we can!!!. Great place also for watching Bald Eagles fish, Geese in Winter, and fishing in general!!! Oh and Bambi runs amuck there as well!!!:thumbsup2

My favorite "otter-spotting" place was our former home in Bradenton, Fl. Our development was on the Manatee River, and DH & I were the only occupants in the whole 90 acres for about a year and a half. DH had a small motorcycle at the time which we would ride around the "big loop" of the development. Two otters used to run along side of us for a good stretch of the way!! As more & more people started building, the otters disappeared. :(

We also had some white peacocks in the same development. They disappeared when one particular family moved away. :confused3 The peacocks were so tame, they would eat out of my hand. They were really lovely, but boy, were they noisy!!!

Now, my favorite "otter-spotting" place is FtW!!!

We had peacocks there as well when I Grandad was alive and I was a child. At night I would sleep out on the screened porch so I could listen to the night sounds and possibly the rain...The Peacocks would sometimes call at night and it would sound like a woman screaming and frighten me out of a sound sleep...then I'd laugh and go back to sleep...I'd love to hear them again!!!

Back in the late 90's & early 00's, they had an abundance of peacocks at FtW. I dont' think anyone thought ahead to the "what are we going to do if they multiply", factor. Most of the time they hung out around T.E. and 100-500, on the west side and 6, 7, & 800 on the east side. There had to be around 75-100 of them & when one started screaming, the rest joined in !!!:scared1: Not to mention the fact that their poop was huge & slimey!! ICK!!!

They were all gone by 2004, IIRC!! Too many complaints (myself included). Did you ever track peacock poop into your RV??? Not nice & not easy to clean!!

Back in the late 90's & early 00's, they had an abundance of peacocks at FtW. I dont' think anyone thought ahead to the "what are we going to do if they multiply", factor. Most of the time they hung out around T.E. and 100-500, on the west side and 6, 7, & 800 on the east side. There had to be around 75-100 of them & when one started screaming, the rest joined in !!!:scared1: Not to mention the fact that their poop was huge & slimey!! ICK!!!

They were all gone by 2004, IIRC!! Too many complaints (myself included). Did you ever track peacock poop into your RV??? Not nice & not easy to clean!!

I can see it now

Debbie----the Peacock poop spotter

We have a campground we love to goto. It is a family Fav. It's called Grundy Lake Provincial Park. It is close to Sudbury Ontario Canada. Lots of wild life. I hope you don't mind me showing you some pictures but these are alongs the line of topic here. Man I love wildlife.

This gentleman and I were paddeling one morning just after sunrise.
100_1218.jpg

This is what we saw. Loons.... They swam by us then did a flapping show when they got farther away from us. 7 of them. They swam by us maybe 20 ft from the canoes.

100_1237.jpg

Then as I was paddleling away this playful bunch swam up playing about 15 feet from the canoe. I watch them for at least 5 mins. 4 Otters and they a courious bunch. They got bored with me when they realized I didn't have any beer and swam off.

100_1227.jpg

100_1231.jpg

That paddle was the most relaxing thing I have ever done.

Hope you don't mind me posting these I just wanted to share.

What a great picture! The contrast between the gray dawn and the yellow canoe is stunning!

Youre so right!!! The sunrise splashing on the front tip of the canoe is awesome:thumbsup2

Pictures rock....none of those confusing letters all bunched together forcing you to have to do that reading thingy. I like pictures....and freshly shaved legs....on short chicks......whove been drinking.....heavily.

[goose poop is that way too....one assignment we had LOTS of geese and they loved to come a calling in hopes of a handout....yukky slimey guck they left!!!

QUOTE=des1954;25902641]Back in the late 90's & early 00's, they had an abundance of peacocks at FtW. I dont' think anyone thought ahead to the "what are we going to do if they multiply", factor. Most of the time they hung out around T.E. and 100-500, on the west side and 6, 7, & 800 on the east side. There had to be around 75-100 of them & when one started screaming, the rest joined in !!!:scared1: Not to mention the fact that their poop was huge & slimey!! ICK!!!

They were all gone by 2004, IIRC!! Too many complaints (myself included). Did you ever track peacock poop into your RV??? Not nice & not easy to clean!![/QUOTE]

Youre so right!!! The sunrise splashing on the front tip of the canoe is awesome:thumbsup2

Pictures rock....none of those confusing letters all bunched together forcing you to have to do that reading thingy. I like pictures....and freshly shaved legs....on short chicks......whove been drinking.....heavily.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: I think that variety of wild life builds damns!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter