Favorite North Shore places to eat!

tlovesdis

Disneyland Obsessed!!!
Hi,

Looking for some recommendations on good places to eat in the North Shore area. Spending an afternoon up in that area and want a nice dinner before heading back to Aulani. Nothing fancy. I love seafood, my cousin does not, she mostly eats vegetarian.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
We like the Beach House in Haleiwa. 62-540 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712. Not fancy at all. Right across the road from the beach.

Mommy2Logan

Mouseketeer
Haleʻiwa Beach House. We mainly liked it because our waitress was really nice and there was a little grassy area where our son ran around with some other kids he made friends with. The ocean is across the street. The food was good enough and there was a good breeze.

• HI_Tig808

Earning My Ears

HI_Tig808

Earning My Ears
    bakery ... there are two really good bakeries I love ... but one is more for locals and the other is more touristy/North Shore ... if you want to know, let me know ... not sure if bakeries are something you want to look into

SHAVE ICE ... please please please do NOT add a "D" at the end of SHAVE ... we call it SHAVE ICE :)
    There are a THOUSAND places to get good shave ice but the old school mac-daddy original is Matsumoto's Shave Ice in Haleiwa ... I would HIGHLY suggest to go because old man Matsumoto said when he retires, they are closing the store because his keiki (kids) and moopuna (grandkids) do not want to take it over

• dachsie

DIS Veteran
    bakery ... there are two really good bakeries I love ... but one is more for locals and the other is more touristy/North Shore ... if you want to know, let me know ... not sure if bakeries are something you want to look into

SHAVE ICE ... please please please do NOT add a "D" at the end of SHAVE ... we call it SHAVE ICE :)
    There are a THOUSAND places to get good shave ice but the old school mac-daddy original is Matsumoto's Shave Ice in Haleiwa ... I would HIGHLY suggest to go because old man Matsumoto said when he retires, they are closing the store because his keiki (kids) and moopuna (grandkids) do not want to take it over
    I am interested in the bakeries!

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
    Haleiwa Beach House is often recommended, and Haleiwa Joe's is another one not far up the road.

It's super casual and quick service, but we ate at Kono's in Haleiwa and it was amazing! Its outdoor picnic table seating, but the pork bomber was one of the tastiest things we ate the whole trip!

disneyseniors

DIS Veteran
    Hi,

Looking for some recommendations on good places to eat in the North Shore area. Spending an afternoon up in that area and want a nice dinner before heading back to Aulani. Nothing fancy. I love seafood, my cousin does not, she mostly eats vegetarian.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    LOL, I had to laugh when I first saw North Shore! You see, the North Shore in our state is North shore of Lake Superior!!!! A very different type of North Shore than you are talking about :)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates