Favorite neutral running shoes?

walkdmc

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I am about 40 pounds overweight and run regularly. I run 9-12 miles/week on asphalt and I'm a heel striker. I'm currently wearing a Brooks Trance 10 model shoe but recently had a gait analysis at a running store. They recommended a neutral shoe with good cushioning, something like a Brooks Glycerin.

My Trance 10s are stability plus shoes which I started running in 3 years ago. I stuck with that model despite losing 56 pounds. I felt like I still needed the stability plus model and was thrilled when the running store guy told me I needed a neutral shoe.

Anyway, do you have a well-cushioned neutral running shoe you'd recommend?

FTR, I am asking for suggestions since the running store carries a small number of neutral shoes and I wanted to get a feel for popular models.

I just got fitted for a pair of neutrals last week, and I tried on 6 pairs (1 Brooks, 2 Asics, 1 Mizuno, and 2 Saucony) and the Asics I ended up going with were WAY comfier to walk/run in than the other 3 pairs I tried on, even though all 4 pairs were neutrals. Even within the same brand and even with all neutral shoes there's a LOT of noticeable difference between styles. You'll obviously have to try stuff on for yourself and see what YOU like best, but for me I don't like feeling like I have no shoes on (the Sauconys were SO light it was unpleasant) and even though they recommend going about a size up from your regular walking shoe, I don't like having THAT much room in the front of my shoe when I run. Feels too slidey.
Anyway, I ended up with Asics Gel Nimbus 14, only a half size up from my normal shoes, and they are WONDERFUL so far! (Granted, it's only been a week!) :laughing: But my three runs this week were awesome with these shoes!

http://asics-nimbus.com/wp-content/...-Gel-Nimbus-14-for-Women.jpg&h=261&w=261&zc=1

Thank you, love the color too! I will try those.

I have always run in neutral shoes. My choices have been somewhat limited as I have a narrow foot. I am currently alternating the Brooks Glycerin and Ghost and like both of them. I was running in New Balance 1080s before making the shift and had no problem with them either.

I just got a pair of Brooks Glycerin 10 in pink and grey and am enjoying them a lot. I'm alternating them with my Brooks Pureflow right now. I'm wearing the Glycerin on my first trail run the first week of May..

Well, I visited another running store today and the guy there told me I over pronate "a little", enough to warrant a light stability shoe. He brought out a Nike (I forget the name), a Brooks Adrenaline and Mizuno Wave Inspires. I also tried the Brooks Glycerin on for old times sake, lol. I ran on the treadmill with each new shoe and low and behold, the Mizunos felt the best. I think this guy was right and the store has a generous return policy. Even if I wear them outside to run, as long as I bring them back within a month, they'll give me store credit for 100% of the purchase price.

I'm wearing them now and they feel fantastic. Thanks for all the tips!

Now to start training for the W&D 1/2 in November....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter