Favorite Hawaiian products to enjoy at home?

If you’ve done Hawaii, you’ve stumbled over an ABC store. I tend to switch perfumes at home up between Channel & Dior. DH was highly amused that I fell in love with Forever Florals plumeria cologne they sell at well under $10 :).

Nobody mentioned Hilo Hattie?

If you have a Cost-Plus World Market nearby, they have Hawaiian Sun products, NOH Foods seasonings and mixes and Huli Huli BBQ sauce and lots of other products. Some are available online, some only in the stores.

ABC Stores also ship.
Yep!! Thanks to this thread, I just got my orders from both!! 🤣 Shipping was kinda steep but it was a lot cheaper than a flight!

🤣 Shipping was kinda steep but it was a lot cheaper than a flight!

Not to mention a two week quarantine!!!!

I forgot - a thing I can't live without since moving from Kona - Aloha Shoyu - they also ship, but I think the last time I bought it I got it from either Amazon or ebay.

Does any one here know of a Hawaiian Islands based personal shopper who would buy for me and ship to Canada?

I live pretty close to the Buffalo, NY area (Toronto) and we often take day trips over to shop, eat etc in the USA. Well, we used to but we cannot right now with the border being closed. I also ship to a personal mail box in the Buffalo area because it ends up much less expensive, especially around Black Friday when I can stack specials and free shipping. I actually have a bag of Kona Coffee from Hawaii sitting in my mailbox since March!

I really miss being able to ship stuff from Hawaii, the price to Canada is outrageous. I was thinking maybe I can use a personal shopper to get me a few things and send them in one parcel via USPS or whatever so I don't pay shipping for each and every thing.

Any thoughts? @corgi_monster I think you are a local resident, have you ever heard of something like this?

I have googled and found a couple but idk if they are reliable

Last edited:

We always have Anara Spa shampoo on hand. I just looked and they aren’t selling anything right now due to coronavirus. We may run dry of Coco Mango. Once they are running again, I would recommend that stuff. Smells so good.

I bought some fabric and buttons from Hawaiian Fabric (https://www.wholesalehawaiianfabric.com/), which is one of my favorite places to go while my husband is climbing Diamond Head. The proprietor is an awesome guy and he carries beautiful fabric.

We have the Hawaiian Shaved Ice S900A shave ice machine and buy syrups online. Definitely not the real thing but close enough when you live 12 hours away from Uncle Clay's!

Mac Nuts! One of the best treats from Hawaii. You can crush them and use them on everything from fish to Ice cream. I crush mac nuts and mix them with other spices and layer them on Halibut and cook on the grill, Yummm.

Banana Leafs are also easy to get and are great to wrap pock shoulder in to make pulled pork.

I bought some fabric and buttons from Hawaiian Fabric (https://www.wholesalehawaiianfabric.com/), which is one of my favorite places to go while my husband is climbing Diamond Head. The proprietor is an awesome guy and he carries beautiful fabric.

We have the Hawaiian Shaved Ice S900A shave ice machine and buy syrups online. Definitely not the real thing but close enough when you live 12 hours away from Uncle Clay's!
Annnnnd that just cost me $100.....🙄. Thanks for sharing though! Great source. I found a cute little yarn shop on Kauai but don’t remember the name. Was so funny for me to think about knitting where it’s 70+ degrees year-round! But quilting—definitely.

Is there an L&L near you? I thank my lucky stars that we have one nearby. I'm not sure that I could live without their spam musubi! We tried to make them at home once. Epic fail.

We have an L&L in our town about 7 minutes away! As a matter of fact we ordered from there yesterday and have leftovers still for today. On my birthday, in June, that's all I wanted for lunch and we ordered almost one of everything! 🌺

Check out Foodland.com. They are a supermarket chain in Hawaii and their website has many, many local recipes. If you haven’t been to one, they also have very cute reusable grocery bags for purchase. I have several that I use for my grocery shopping and makes me feel happy.

Today is our 26th anniversary. We were married on the Kohala area of the Big Island at sunset and it was amazing.
Since we are not comfortable with take out food yet I suggested we make some Hawaiian favourites here at home for dinner.
So we are having North Shore style garlic shrimp AND some Loco Moco. It is a day to celebrate after all LOL.
For dessert the kids wanted coconut cream pie so I made one but I also made some copy cat Honolulu Cookie Company cookies. They turned out phenomenal! I did not add the chocolate chips but I decided to melt some and dip them instead. OMG-delicious and pretty close to the real thing. I think you could sub in almonds if you could not find mac nuts. This is the recipe...
https://www.crazyforcrust.com/macadamia-chocolate-chip-shortbread-cookies/

Manoa Honey Company on the way up to North Shore. I love their cholocate nibs honey, goes great on toast!
de2387_f0e41ace71564b79839387072d1817a4~mv2.webp

Also, I can't get enough of Mauna Loa Coffee Mac nuts in a can.
mauna-loa-kona-coffee-glazed-macadamia-nuts-copycat-recipe.jpg

At Aulani, I miss the shaved ice, with ice cream on the side, no mickey ears because those things are like hockey pucks.
images

Today is our 26th anniversary. We were married on the Kohala area of the Big Island at sunset and it was amazing.
Since we are not comfortable with take out food yet I suggested we make some Hawaiian favourites here at home for dinner.
So we are having North Shore style garlic shrimp AND some Loco Moco. It is a day to celebrate after all LOL.
For dessert the kids wanted coconut cream pie so I made one but I also made some copy cat Honolulu Cookie Company cookies. They turned out phenomenal! I did not add the chocolate chips but I decided to melt some and dip them instead. OMG-delicious and pretty close to the real thing. I think you could sub in almonds if you could not find mac nuts. This is the recipe...

I made these mac nut, chocolate chip, shortbread cookies today. They are really good. Thanks for the recipe!

We also have the Hawaiian shave ice machine and shave ice with macadamia nut ice cream takes me back to Hawaii every time. Also Maui Brewing Company and Kona Brewing beers using our glasses from the brewery!

We also have the Hawaiian shave ice machine and shave ice with macadamia nut ice cream takes me back to Hawaii every time. Also Maui Brewing Company and Kona Brewing beers using our glasses from the brewery!

Yum! Hawaiian shave ice machine sounds awesome... especially when it's over 100 degrees out!

Happy Anniversary!

Would you mind sharing your North Shore style garlic shrimp recipe? We visited the North Shore in Jan and had the best garlic shrimp from a food truck. I haven't been able to locate a recipe similar to what we had there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter