Favorite food places

BridgetR3

Dreaming of Home
Okay so I am a foodie and have certain restaurants/shops/kiosks that are must-do's at Disney each year but we are going to Universal this year and I feel so lost!

What are your favorite places to find great food at Universal?!?!? It doesn't have to be a restaurant. (Pics for bonus points!)

I have eaten the Hillbilly Sushi (pulled pork) and have plans to enjoy it again when we go back in 2 weeks. It's excellent. Everyone enjoyed their meals at cowfish from. the plane jane burger to the real sushi to the hillbilly.

We love Vivo and found it to be the best meal of the trip.

Margaritaville was good - we ate there on our last day trying to kill time before going to the airport, so tempers were frayed which may be coloring my view of the food.

We did not care for the menu at Toothsome, so we chose not to eat a meal there. We loved the ice cream however and the treats I brought home for co-workers were well received.

We did not care for the menu at Toothsome, so we chose not to eat a meal there. We loved the ice cream however and the treats I brought home for co-workers were well received.

I have heard many people say that about Toothsome but the menu looked "normal" to me. Am I missing something here? Do people avoid it because it is just typical or is there some underlying thing that I'm not seeing?

I have heard many people say that about Toothsome but the menu looked "normal" to me. Am I missing something here? Do people avoid it because it is just typical or is there some underlying thing that I'm not seeing?

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Toothsome. We shared a Baked Brie as a starter. I had a tasty Chicken and Mushroom Risotto. My wife had the Viggie Press Sandwich. Don't remember what the kids had but we all then shared a rediculously huge Smores Sundae for dessert.

Also I loved the Steampunk Theming and Characters that came to visit the table.

Overall we loved the place but I know others feel different. To each their own :)

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Toothsome. We shared a Baked Brie as a starter. I had a tasty Chicken and Mushroom Risotto. My wife had the Viggie Press Sandwich. Don't remember what the kids had but we all then shared a rediculously huge Smores Sundae for dessert.

Also I loved the Steampunk Theming and Characters that came to visit the table.

Overall we loved the place but I know others feel different. To each their own :)

View attachment 576286

View attachment 576287

View attachment 576288

View attachment 576289

View attachment 576290
Yep. We go to Toothsomes every year. It's our favorite restaurant, and there hasn't been anything I didn't like when we have gone. But I also understand everyone has their own tastes and preferences ,but as for our family, we agree with you.

My favorites:
BiCE (Portofino Bay)
Bigfire & Vivo (CityWalk table service)
Today Café (Universal Studios quick service)

have heard many people say that about Toothsome but the menu looked "normal" to me. Am I missing something here? Do people avoid it because it is just typical or is there some underlying thing that I'm not seeing?

I'm glad you and your family enjoy it. It's a really cool restaurant.

My family is full of picky eaters (Including mom and dad). When I looked at the menu I just didn't see anything on there that would appeal to everyone in my party, compared with other places where I knew everyone would eat. This got backed up by a couple of people I know who also didn't feel the food was that good. When we visited in 2019 the restaurant and store was packed, so clearly many people do love the food which is great- options for all.

I'm unwilling to pay theme park prices for wasted food, then theme park prices for snacks that are going to be asked for as they didn't eat. I call this process not being the crazy fighting family people are filming to put on social media later. It's better for all of us.

You really need to check out @schumigirl 's trip reports. She includes so many pictures of all of the delicious foods she gets on her many trips. You'll end up making a list of places to try that you could probably never get to in a single trip.

My evolving list of restaurants is pretty much made up of places Carole and Tom enjoy on their trips. I completely agree.

I'm glad you and your family enjoy it. It's a really cool restaurant.

My family is full of picky eaters (Including mom and dad). When I looked at the menu I just didn't see anything on there that would appeal to everyone in my party, compared with other places where I knew everyone would eat. This got backed up by a couple of people I know who also didn't feel the food was that good. When we visited in 2019 the restaurant and store was packed, so clearly many people do love the food which is great- options for all.

I'm unwilling to pay theme park prices for wasted food, then theme park prices for snacks that are going to be asked for as they didn't eat. I call this process not being the crazy fighting family people are filming to put on social media later. It's better for all of us.

I think you may have misunderstood my comments. I've never been there but looking at the menu, it looks like "normal" food. I was looking for reasons why people would or would not eat there. Thank you for giving your opinion as I try to decide where to eat! I do appreciate it.

Vivo and Toothsome are two of our three must dos at Universal. I have picky vegetarian teens and they love these two. We feel we can’t go wrong with pasta or pizza at Vivo. And it’s great value. We also find the menu at Toothsome quite extensive so have no problem finding something for everyone, Our third must do is the Bula Bar at the RPR. We always order the nachos (which are huge), fish tacos, cheese toasties and a burger for hubby.

I have incredibly picky teens, but both found something at Toothsome and asked to return this year. I am guessing one had one of the flatbreads and the other may have literally asked for a bowl of plain noodles (I really can't remember, but looking at the menu, that is my best guess.) Picky dh had a burger. My opinion - the food wasn't the best meal ever, but it was above average for a tourist spot restaurant. The theming made it a fun experience and we will return.

My sister and I have been to Cowfish and enjoyed it. The picky eaters were not with us on that trip.

I don't plan to return to Margaritaville unless desperate (wasn't so bad that I would never go back, but it wasn't very good).

Jakes at RPR was good.

Inside the parks we like the Harry Potter restaurants (big HP fans). Again, the theming is a large part of it, but I think the food is good for a quick service restaurant inside a theme park. We had Thunder Falls Terrace once - it was also fine. We tried Confisco's which some on here recommend - we did not enjoy that meal and probably won't seek it out. The pizza place over in Universal Studios was fine, but we ordered a whole pizza (if I remember correctly) so it was cooked then, not one of the slices sitting out.

We manage to end up at Toothsome, Cowfish, and Three Broomsticks on every trip. We also liked Mythos enough to go twice. Had a great dinner at Bice. Certainly lots of great choices between the parks, CityWalk and the resorts!

Awesome, feeling good about our ADR's this trip hah. Tooth, BiCE, Tooth, Mythos, Cow, BiCE, Bigfire, Tooth. I'm an adventurous eater but need things available that the kids will eat. I'm more excited for the food at Universal this year than Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter