Favorite Counter Service Restaurants in WDW

You "inspired" me to look it up lol as my local greek restaurant claims in a sign that baklava is a "low calorie and low sugar" option because it's made from natural sweeteners from honey. Depending on how big the piece is, the interwebs claims it's 334 calories, 22.64 grams of fat :eek:, and 9.91 grams of sugar.

Sad that one little triangle can have as many calories as a typical lunch, isn't it? And the fat? Oh my gosh. Maybe if I eat it while doing a wall-sit and lifting weights with my free hand...

All of these awesome suggestions are making my mouth water!!! Thanks everyone for your advice and recommendations! Definitely on the docket so far is WPE, Starring Rolls, Sunshine Seasons, and Sleepy Hollow based on these posts....AHHHH, can't wait!!! :yay: Thanks for all the well wishes...I'm gonna try not to gain more than 10 lbs on this trip ;)

Don't miss a DOLE WHIP in Fantasyland MK... it's MUST HAVE especially on your first trip.

Epcot World showcase.. ENGLAND...fish and chips
MK... Comsic Rays

Hope you have a wonderful time .. You WILL!!!

MK- Columbia Harbor house
Epcot - Morocco & Germany. Desserts -- France
AK -- Flametree BBq
HS- starring rolls or back lot express

We knock out DHS early in the day because the food there is so bad (to us) - there for RD and then walk over to Epcot for lunch. The Morroccan, French, Norwegian, UK, German and now Italian pavilions (if you count tapas at the wine bar as CS, its definitely quick service) have very good offerings. We enjoy grazing and having a few drinks in the later afternoon, so this works for us.

As mentioned, Flametree is the best at the AK, but still not as good as offerings at Epcot - can you tell I love Epcot and the World Showcase food?

DTD for Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express - which are both excellent.

MK - I'll be honest, one of my BEST memories of childhood took place at WDW and the Plaza restaurant, where I learned that on vacation my folks would let me have ice cream for lunch. It was magical:) So, I almost always go there for lunch (but I'm trying BOG of course for my trip next week!) and you can often get in without too much of a wait. That said, I was pleasantly surprised at Tortuga Tavern on my last girls trip. The chicken taco salad was far better than I anticipated and while I always thought a "fixings bar" sounded gross, I was proven wrong by all the jalapeno's I could stand!

MK - Pecos Bill/Columbia Harbour
AK - Flametree BBQ
Epcot - SO hard! Mexico, Morocco, and Sunshine Seasons
Hollywood Studios - Starring Rolls for a sandwich and cupcake

See what I mean?? The head-scratching continues...:confused3

This is actually pretty funny, had not noticed your post, obviously, but at least in my experience, I stand by my comments.

I've not tried the BBQ at Fairfax Fare, but just because the same items appear on a menu doesn't mean they are the same, which is particularly important when talking about BBQ. Pretty much every BBQ place has the same items on the menu (at least in a particular region), but not all ribs, pulled pork and smoked chicken are created equal. Does the food at Fairfax actually taste like the stuff at Flame Tree? The aromas at Flame Tree draw me in, and even though I've eaten at Fairfax Fare before, I've never even been tempted, which suggests that they are using a different preparation.

If they ARE smoking them over at DHS, well, I know where I'm going to try to visit on my next trip!

Flame Tree Barbecue has a good menu, generous portions, and a nice seating area.

Dole Whip in MK is a must for a snack!

Coconuts said:
MK: Pecos Bill's (love the fix your own taco salads) or Cosmic Ray's(1/2 chicken is a great deal)

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons

DHS: Studio Catering Co.

AK: Flame Tree(great deal of 1/2 chicken or ribs meals) or Pizzafari(nice to be in the A/C)

DTD: WPE(this might be our favorite CS food on property!:lovestruc)

All of our favs too!

Sometimes words are not enough....more on the schoolbread...

24150_106156162735730_1029929_n_zps9ea6dbb9.jpg

MK: Pinocchio House (sitting outside on the second level people watching)
DHS: Starring Roles ..nice quiet area again great for people watching

Our trip is in 3 months & 3 days. (I still haven't figured out how to get my DisTicker to show up on here. Just have the link) I have pages of tips/suggestions, our ADR's are all taken care of and I thought to myself...how in the world will we pick Counter Service meals? By that I mean, I don't want the same ole, same ole burgers & dogs. It's Disney, I want some counter service magic! Okay, so as much magic as you are going to get with Quick Service! :goodvibes I would rather do my research & have a few different options for each park at the ready. SO, I really appreciate this post as it has helped tremendously!
Thanks everyone for the ideas/suggestions! It is truly appreciated!::yes::

One more addition I forgot to mention, I personally loved the food court at Caribbean Beach. It's been so long since I've been to the other resort food courts (I stayed at Dixie Landings before it turned into Riverside and Pop Sports), but I would imagine that the moderate resorts would have similar food at least in quality. I like the stations that they have so there are different types of food and I am not forced to get burgers and chicken sandwiches unless I want one. It's also nice to sometimes go back to the resort at 1, grab lunch and go back to our room and rest. :)

So glad I found this thread....we leave in 2 days and I want to try and have some good food for our CS meals....will have to pour over this and the snack credit thread in the next days!

My favorite in The Magic Kingdom is Columbia Harbor House
Animal Kingdom is Flame Tree BBQ
EPCOT is Sunshine Seasons
and I don't have a fav in DHS not that any are bad its just none stand out to me.

One favorite. WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS. Its VERY VERY VERY good. Always consistent, always delicious. Never had an issue with the food there. Its so tasty and one of my favorite places to go.

Earl of Sandwich is decent, but its just a sandwich. A very overhyped sandwich. At the end of the day I have to decide whether I want a sandwich for dinner (EoS), or a bacon wrapped meatloaf with mashed potatoes (WGPE).....guess what? WGPE always wins every single time!

Not in Nov or Dec, when EoS has their Holiday Turkey/Dressing sandwiches.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I love WGP Express and will normally choose it over EoS, except for when EoS has the Holiday S/Ws. I could eat one of those every single day of the trip, for any meal.:rotfl::rotfl:

As far as other counter service restaurants:

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Norwegian bakery, French bakery, Tangeriene Cafe

MK: Columbia Harbour House or Sleepy Hollow (sweet/spicy chicken waffle s/w)

AK: Flame Tree BBQ (unless my mom is with us--she has eaten there twice and got sick both times, so refuses to try it again) Also like a couple of sides at the Y&Y CS for a meal (chicken fried rice with egg rolls)

DS: nothing, but do like the cupcakes at Starring Rolls

DTD: Wolfgang Pucks Express, Earl of Sandwich, and Cookes of Dublin

Resorts: Pepper Market at CSR (love their huge chicken nachos)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter