Favorite Character Meal?

sumlthomp

Mouseketeer
We are planning our very first family vacation to WDW in Nov 2009 - If you could only choose one character meal which would it be and why?

:mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum

Well, of course it depends on your family and what they are interested in....but for our family of two little girls, our favorite was the Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus. The food was not out of this world (family style eggs, meats, potatoes, with buffet choices of fruits/pastries, etc.), but it was pleniful and satisfying for everyone, we only ate a very lite lunch that day. The atmosphere was outstanding. Just a beautiful restaurant. And 5 princesses! We good a good amount of time with each one, they were great with both my kids (and husband too!). Not to mention how fun it was to be back in the World Showcase early in the morning with nobody around. There's plenty of others we've done that we've enjoyed, but for us this is the one we'll keep going back to each time!

I agree, it depends on who is in your party and their ages. We have all boys, which means zero interest in dining with the princesses. Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary is alot of fun, a very active breakfast! It's a buffet so there is plenty of food, and something for everyone. Best of all, you get to see Mickey and the other main characters.

Ditto on Chef Mickey's! CM's is also great for dinner - lots of food choices to please everyone. And it can sometimes be harder to find time to see the "staple" characters so it's a great place to do that!

Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace for breakfast. Both have fun atmospheres, have good breakfast buffets, and good character interaction. Chef Mickey's has Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy & Pluto - IMO the character interaction there was slightly better than Crystal Palace. Crystal Palace has Pooh, Eyeore, Piglet & Tigger and I would give a small edge to the food at CP because they have puffed french toast. We love them both & would be hard pressed to choose one over the other.

I do have to agree on Chef Mickeys for either Breakfast or dinner.
We make sure we go there everytime we go. WE LOVE IT.
The food is awesome and the characters make plenty of time to visit your table.
Another one is the Tusker House in AK.. The wait staff is out of the world especially Neil, he' s a real character too. Mickey, Donald,Goofy & Pluto make your dining experience a memorable one.
Enjoy!!!!!

JMHO;)
Crystal Palace for the food mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Chef Mickeys for chara interaction(and I guess this one is my final answer):lmao:

and Akershus in EPCOT for The Princess and THE YUMMY FOOD if, and only if, u have girls, or boys who love girls!:thumbsup2

Have a blast and take loads of pix
Be sure to take pix of the kids faces as they meet the chara, many pix I see are of the kids backs as they meet the chara, in this age of digital,,take LOTS and delete later while your kids are asleep!:rolleyes:

I'm thinking of taking my daughter by myself to Cinderella's Royal Table. Would you choose that one or Akershus Epcot with the Princesses?

My kids usually do not want to eat at character meals at the moment (teens :rolleyes1 ) - but with one boy and one girl - we used to really enjoy Donald's Breakfastasaurus in AK - good food served buffet style. Something for everyone and the main characters (Mickey, Donald, Goofy) in Dinoland outfits - really cute!

We love Tusker House in Animal Kingdom. Donald, Mickey, Daisy and Minnie. Very good food... great atmosphere. They danced with the kids... lot of fun

1900 Park Fare at GF is also very good. They have Cinderella, Prince Charming, Step Mother & Step Sisters. Very entertaining and good food!!:goodvibes

Crystal Plaace for dinner - excellent food and the characters are really cute too!

One that we LOVE and is often forgotten about is Garden Grill in Epcot. The food is really good and a lot of the veggies they serve are grown right there in the Land. But what really sets it apart is the character interaction! You will most likely see all the characters twice if not three times during your meal. And these are not drive-by visits either! They really spend time with each table. An added bonus is that it isn't a buffet so you don't have to run back and forth and miss any characters. We give it :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter