FastPass+ with AP's - I wish I had know the restrictions beforehand

WDWFantasmicFan

Uber Disney Fan
Have just discovered that AP holders can only book 7 days of FastPasses at one time. Recently became an annual passholder in preparation for my December trip, and was not made aware of this rule when purchasing the AP - in fact, Disney Guest Services advised me over the phone that there would be no issue for me getting the same FastPass+ reservations as the rest of my party (who are all non-AP Holders). If I had known about this rule beforehand, I probably wouldn't have got the AP as only being able to book 7 days of FastPasses for a 3.5 week trip over Christmas/NYE is far from ideal.

Has anyone had any experience with booking the FastPasses the 7 days in advance. Is there any way to add myself to the rest of my party's FP+ reservations when mine become available?

I was misinformed by the CM I spoke to, so will definitely reach out to Disney again and see what they suggest. Would appreciate any of your suggestions or advice too though :)

This is frustrating to me, as well. I have a trip in March/April planned with three onsite rooms and a total of 8 guests. I am the only one who is unable to book the eighth day of FP+ due to my AP. All the non-AP can book for the full 8 days. I just planned for the last day to be at MK with FP+ that can likely be added to once I have used the first day's FP+

I thought that if you are onsite, you can book for the entire length of onsite stay, along with access to the 60 day FP window, regardless of AP....

This is frustrating to me, as well. I have a trip in March/April planned with three onsite rooms and a total of 8 guests. I am the only one who is unable to book the eighth day of FP+ due to my AP. All the non-AP can book for the full 8 days. I just planned for the last day to be at MK with FP+ that can likely be added to once I have used the first day's FP+
When you're staying onsite, you can book for your entire trip

The information about off-site APs is listed on the website here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/passholders/fast-pass-plus-advance-reservations/

"Annual Passholders may secure up to 3 experiences per day up to 30 days in advance. Your pass allows you to plan 7 days of FastPass+ selections within any 30-day period for one park per day. Secure up to 3 experiences per day up to 30 days in advance—starting at 7:00 AM Eastern Time. And if plans change, it’s easy to update or cancel your selections."

But yes, as other posters said, if you're staying on-site, you should be able to book for your entire length of stay.

We're in the same boat, as we stay offsite, but honestly it's no big deal at all. FP+ are easy enough to get that it's a non-factor, IMO. Only exception is FoP at the moment.

When you're staying onsite, you can book for your entire trip

Maybe my problem is that I am not linked to a room for one night in the middle of the stay, but that shouldn't matter, should it? I am linked to a room reservation from March 30-April 3 and another from April 4-6. But, when I book FP+ it won't allow me to make FP+ for all 8 days. It tells me I reached my maximum number of FP+ when I try for the eighth day.

Maybe my problem is that I am not linked to a room for one night in the middle of the stay, but that shouldn't matter, should it? I am linked to a room reservation from March 30-April 3 and another from April 4-6. But, when I book FP+ it won't allow me to make FP+ for all 8 days. It tells me I reached my maximum number of FP+ when I try for the eighth day.

If you have FP booked for that day in the middle, then yes, it matters.

Any FP booked outside of a resort stay triggers the 7-day restriction.

Although it sounds as if every day is either a checkout or checkin day, so I'm not sure...I'd call to check.

Unfortunately I am staying off site for much of my trip. I totally get why the rule is in place but my main issue is that I was misinformed by the CM, and told it would not be an issue getting the same FP+ is the rest of my party. Do you think it'd be possible for me to get any good FP+ for Christmas/New Year 7 days out?

Unfortunately I am staying off site for much of my trip. I totally get why the rule is in place but my main issue is that I was misinformed by the CM, and told it would not be an issue getting the same FP+ is the rest of my party. Do you think it'd be possible for me to get any good FP+ for Christmas/New Year 7 days out?

You can certainly get good FP's 7 days out.

And as soon as you use your FP's for day 1, then book your FP's for day 8

If you have FP booked for that day in the middle, then yes, it matters.

Any FP booked outside of a resort stay triggers the 7-day restriction.

Although it sounds as if every day is either a checkout or checkin day, so I'm not sure...I'd call to check.

Yes, I check out on the 3rd and check back in on the 4th, so I don't understand the problem. But, on a previous stay I did call and was told the max was 7, and since that was a week onsite I was given the impression that the max was 7, regardless of onsite or offsite. Guess I have to call again.

I would think that you would be able to get matches for almost everything at MK except for 7DMT and Space (both of which you may still get but not as easily)? I think your odds are improved if you are not looking for FPs that are later in the day.

A good test might be trying to get FPs for other days between now and then that are high crowd levels...today would have been good, Easter week will also be good...it will give you an idea..

Yes, I check out on the 3rd and check back in on the 4th, so I don't understand the problem.

I have a confirmed answer: yes, it is for length of stay. My issue was that I was making mine at the 60-day mark for the first two rooms, but was linked to the room that checkout is on the 3rd. Therefore, I could only make 7 days worth until the 60 day mark of my second room check in date: the 4th. I did not check back after that since I received the error message on the first try.

I thought that if you are onsite, you can book for the entire length of onsite stay, along with access to the 60 day FP window, regardless of AP....
That is what we thought too. However, it does not always work. We have a 9 day trip booked with two on-site rooms in March. I have called several times and the CM had to book fast passes for me and my daughter on two of those days and they are not able to be changed at all without calling. They are special experiences and I cannot edit them or make any more fast passes. It tells me I have used up all my selections. They supposedly put in a work request with IT, but it has been over a month and there has been no solution.

I would think that you would be able to get matches for almost everything at MK except for 7DMT and Space (both of which you may still get but not as easily)? I think your odds are improved if you are not looking for FPs that are later in the day.
Space doesn't bother me, and we can ride 7DMT during our first week (when i'll be able to book the first 7 days FP 30 days out). We tend to use all the FastPasses in the morning anyway.
A good test might be trying to get FPs for other days between now and then that are high crowd levels...today would have been good, Easter week will also be good...it will give you an idea..
Good plan, will try 1 week before easter and see what is available. I have also emailed Guest Services to see what they can advise as they misinformed me in the first place. Thanks for your help and advice :)

Is there any way to add myself to the rest of my party's FP+ reservations when mine become available?
Hi Nathan! You can use Change Party to add yourself to the booked FPs. You shouldn’t have a problem but if the system can’t add you, try to book an overlapping FP window for yourself.

In your case, the 21-day U.K. Ticket would be more advantageous than the AP. Next time. :)

Do you think it'd be possible for me to get any good FP+ for Christmas/New Year 7 days out?
How many are you trying to get FP for in your party?
FWIW-I went with my DH 12/30-1/4 and only made FP for most days about 7-10 days out (in some cases a lot less than that as I didn't want to be bothered) - the only one I did right at 60 day mark was for FoP. MK for the 30th I think I did less than a week out-I did fiddle with them day before and definitely day of. The only thing I had trouble with was NYE day of (had FP but tried to change) at Epcot (and even then managed to get FEA same day).
Over summer and Thanksgiving week both have manged to snag FoP same day FP for one person, at time that overlapped rest of party. It is possible but wouldn't always count on it.
I checked yesterday for 30 day out and the only FP not available in all parks was FoP-prime spring break times.

ETA:-the 30 day check I did was for 4 people

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter