Fastpass question!

starlette

Mouseketeer
A friend of mine who just got back from Disneyland said that she read somewhere that the fastpass ticket is good the entire day regardless of the the expiration time. Is this true?

not true! in fact, the CMs really look at the times on the ticket to make sure you're fast pass is valid. There's a big clock on the fast pass return line to refer to.

Thanks! That's what I thought, too. We had gone the past couple of summers and had never heard this. Sounded too good to be true and besides if they did allow this, it would seem to defeat the purpose of the Fastpass to begin with.

Officially, Fastpasses are only good for the times printed on them. Unofficially, I've never been turned away with an expired fastpass (so long as it's the same day). A Castmember may turn you away and if that happens you would just have to suck it up as they are in the right.

The practice in the past has always been that you must wait until the hour of your fastpass time has arrived before you are able to use them but that they will accept them anytime after that, even after the expiration time. That practice could change at anytime though.

LeftCoaster said:
Officially, Fastpasses are only good for the times printed on them. Unofficially, I've never been turned away with an expired fastpass (so long as it's the same day). A Castmember may turn you away and if that happens you would just have to suck it up as they are in the right.
We were there over Spring Break and my dh was able to use an expired fastpass for himself and the kids at DCA after the CA Screamin had been shut down for a couple of hours. He was also able to use 1 fastpass for all 3 of them at the same ride for a 2nd ride(They had a FP for me also, but being pg, I couldn't go). My guess is it would depend greatly on the CM there and how busy the ride/park was. This would not be the norm though!

If a ride has been shut down, then FPs are good all day for that ride. That has happened to me before, especially on CA Screamin'.

I have only once used an expired FP, for TOT, but I really try to make it back sometime during the one-hour window printed on the FP.

I know at WDW, they allow the use of a FP as long as it is after the start time no matter if it is also later than the expiration time.

poohj80 said:
I know at WDW, they allow the use of a FP as long as it is after the start time no matter if it is also later than the expiration time.

I just came back, spent the whole weekend there and I specifically asked the CM at Soaring FP line and he said I could come back even after the time on the FP, he also said not to come before... I was also abe to use one FP that I had gotten for Indiana Jones early in the morning, and entered the ride around 8:00pm, and the CM on that FP line only made sure it was from that same day so I think that the sames applies at Disneyland...

Our experience was you couldn't use them before the start time, but anytime that day after the start time was fine, even if it was past the expiry time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter