FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this must have been asked a ton, but can’t find the answer.

If I have six people in my group, four of us are staying onsite and two off. If I book our FPs four the four at the 60 day window, when can I book the other two? With us at same time or not until 30 day window and thus probably not at same times.

From the Booking Windows post, last bullet applies:
Onsite Guests - 60 Days Before Check-in Date:
  • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room/ticket package.
  • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room-only reservation and valid tickets booked separately and linked to an MDX account.
  • Guests staying at the Four Seasons Resort Orlando, Swan, Dolphin, or Shades Of Green resorts and valid tickets linked to an MDX account.
  • Guests staying at any of the following Disney Springs-area hotels and valid tickets linked to an MDX account: B Resort & Spa, Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort, DoubleTree Guest Suites by Hilton Orlando, Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Palace, Hilton Orlando Resort Lake Buena Vista, Holiday Inn Orlando, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista, and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista.
  • Guests linked to or listed on an onsite guest's MDX account (controlled by the onsite guest) and valid tickets linked.

We have a family trip planned for Dec. 12 people - three families- ages 2 to 74 , couple of kids too short for any big rides. We plan to do a lot together but I'm sure there will be times we all split up. My DD has been the one to make the FP for our trips. But we've haven't done a whole family trip in years, so the splitting up wasn't an issue. What happens if DH and I (AKA grandpa & grandma) goes back to room after we all go to Lion King show. DS and family goes to safari and Nemo show. DD's family with kids from 2 to 14 wants to go on FOP and then leave the park. Will this cause problems with "everybody must have a FP' issue.

Right now we are all linked. Can we be "unlinked"?

Forgot to add, we'll be two separate rooms. a studio and 2 bedroom.

My 30 day booking window opens in a few days. I know it’s early, but when I click “book fast passes” , then select party, I get a message that says “ not so fast, buy or link tickets”. I can see my tickets in the “ My Ticket” section of the App. I scanned my ticket, received a message that states it’s already recorded. My question is, am I all set to book fast passes in a few days, even though currently the app tells me to buy tickets?

My 30 day booking window opens in a few days. I know it’s early, but when I click “book fast passes” , then select party, I get a message that says “ not so fast, buy or link tickets”. I can see my tickets in the “ My Ticket” section of the App. I scanned my ticket, received a message that states it’s already recorded. My question is, am I all set to book fast passes in a few days, even though currently the app tells me to buy tickets?

I think it’s because your Fastpass window hasn’t opened yet. I had the same message come up when I was looking before my 60 days but yesterday when my Fastpass window opened I had no problems booking my fastpasses.

First, I appreciate all help. It has been 5 years since going to disney. We are going back next year. I feel like I am having to relearn everything, because so much has changed. Trying to plan vacation and make the best choices. So, First question...

Myself, wife and 2 kids plan on staying onsite at value resort. My sister and niece plan on joining us for all days, but one. However, they are staying offsite, with a friend. I know they wont get atuff like emh. However, we were hoping to be together for rides and such. They will be hard if we ger to pick fp at 60 days and they pick at 30. I thought I read this, but unsure. Can their 2 tickets be linked with my 4 and and on the 60 day window? Amy I making sence here? Thank you for all help.

First, I appreciate all help. It has been 5 years since going to disney. We are going back next year. I feel like I am having to relearn everything, because so much has changed. Trying to plan vacation and make the best choices. So, First question...

Myself, wife and 2 kids plan on staying onsite at value resort. My sister and niece plan on joining us for all days, but one. However, they are staying offsite, with a friend. I know they wont get atuff like emh. However, we were hoping to be together for rides and such. They will be hard if we ger to pick fp at 60 days and they pick at 30. I thought I read this, but unsure. Can their 2 tickets be linked with my 4 and and on the 60 day window? Amy I making sence here? Thank you for all help.
From Post#3:
Note: If offsite guests are linked to or listed on accounts of onsite guests above, they share the onsite guests' booking window of 60 days.

I think it’s because your Fastpass window hasn’t opened yet. I had the same message come up when I was looking before my 60 days but yesterday when my Fastpass window opened I had no problems booking my fastpasses.

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I just want to be reassured that all is ready to go when my window opens.

so i booked a room-only resort stay and i have added 5 1-day tickets to MDE. (have them linked to my user name already.) when my 60 day window opens, i should be able to book all 5 days of fastpasses correct?

so i booked a room-only resort stay and i have added 5 1-day tickets to MDE. (have them linked to my user name already.) when my 60 day window opens, i should be able to book all 5 days of fastpasses correct?
Yes if you are onsite for 5 days.

Hi

Has there been any change to the FP situation for those of us that split stay onsite/offsite? For example we are from the UK and buy 14 day ultimate tickets off the UK Disney website. On arrival we stay off site (day one) however we stay a couple of days at a Disney resort for the fun of it (day 4 and day 5) moving back off site until day 14. The way it's worked in the past is on 60 days before day 4 I could book FP for day 1 - day 5, then at 60 days prior to day 6, 60 days prior to day 7 etc rolling until 60 days before day 14.

Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Thanks Paul

Hi

Has there been any change to the FP situation for those of us that split stay onsite/offsite? For example we are from the UK and buy 14 day ultimate tickets off the UK Disney website. On arrival we stay off site (day one) however we stay a couple of days at a Disney resort for the fun of it (day 4 and day 5) moving back off site until day 14. The way it's worked in the past is on 60 days before day 4 I could book FP for day 1 - day 5, then at 60 days prior to day 6, 60 days prior to day 7 etc rolling until 60 days before day 14.

Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Thanks Paul
It’s dependent upon your type of tickets. If you have date-based tickets that encompass all your park dates then the FP booking remains the same.

Does this mean it is not possible to practice making fp reservations now that tickets are date based? I was hoping to try the refresh method before the window opens.

Can 2 people be on the same MDE at the same time booking FPs?
For example, I might be booking us for a Monday in MK while my DD would be booking us for a Tuesday in AK.
Does that some how screw up the MDE if we're both on at the same time?

It’s dependent upon your type of tickets. If you have date-based tickets that encompass all your park dates then the FP booking remains the same.
As far as I can see the tickets I have are like the tickets we've always had here in the UK. They are 14 day tickets from the first day of use. The only date related condition is they must be used before 31st Dec 2019. Looking on MDE I can see FP for the current next 30 days (I.e. Feb 15th onwards).

So okay you think?

Thanks

Most of the time we book a larger window of days for hotels until we have our flights confirmed (allows for more flexibility).

If we have an onsite resort booked for 2 weeks, have 7-day non-date-based tickets, pick our FPs for the second week of the 2 weeks at the resort, will our FPs stay if we amend our resort and remove the first week once we book our flights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter