FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I have a package with tickets purchased before the October 2018 change, can I cancel the room & dining plan but pay for the tickets? I'm seriously thinking of renting DVC points but would like the option of keeping the tickets bought before the price went up.

Thanks!

If I have a package with tickets purchased before the October 2018 change, can I cancel the room & dining plan but pay for the tickets? I'm seriously thinking of renting DVC points but would like the option of keeping the tickets bought before the price went up.

Thanks!
Any changes to a package will result in the tickets being upgraded to date-based tickets at a much higher price.

There’s no way for you to keep packaged tickets without a package.

Purchased 5-day park-hopper tickets for my parents (in 70s) and have FP+ reserved.

We are heading to WDW in a few weeks and they are having second thoughts on number of days spending at the park. Since the tickets have not been used, I plan on keeping them for future trips (wont expired until 2030), as we are annual pass holder. I am leaning towards purchasing two 3-day single park tickets for them. My question is, can I transfer existing FP+ the the new tickets -- granted I have to figure out which three days I want to switch over.

Was wondering someone else have recent experience and how to go about it.

Purchased 5-day park-hopper tickets for my parents (in 70s) and have FP+ reserved.

We are heading to WDW in a few weeks and they are having second thoughts on number of days spending at the park. Since the tickets have not been used, I plan on keeping them for future trips (wont expired until 2030), as we are annual pass holder. I am leaning towards purchasing two 3-day single park tickets for them. My question is, can I transfer existing FP+ the the new tickets -- granted I have to figure out which three days I want to switch over.

Was wondering someone else have recent experience and how to go about it.
Cancel the 2 days of FPs you won’t be needing, link the 3-day tickets, then reassign the 5-day tickets to a placeholder Profile.

Thanks!

@hiroMYhero knows her stuff, so I'm not putting anything here against what she is saying. However, I can say this....last night since the FL resident rates came out for our trip dates, I started pricing things...with a package/memory maker, then everything separately...tickets/room/memory maker. What I noticed in the package when it showed the ticket names it said FL Discovery Ticket 4-Day. When I went to look at tickets separately, there was the same name of the tickets that were sold in the package. Yes I had to specifically choose those to purchase among the other they had there, but the tickets in the package were available to purchase separately in my case. The difference between the package and everything separately was about $3....that's how much MORE the package was. :rolleyes1 I'm going with the separately because they only require a one night deposit when booking. I said all that to bring attention to the possibility the tickets in your package are the same tickets you can purchase separately. I'm not sure if this is something done for just FL residents, but I'm sure someone here knows better than me. I hope I've helped somewhat! GOOD LUCK!

I looked for the answer to my question but I haven't found it yet. I'm sorry if it has recently been answered and I missed it.

My husband and 2 sons will split up from my daughter and I during our afternoon in MK. Boys are going to Buzz Lightyear. Girls are going to Enchanted Tales (these are our 3rd FPs for the day)

I have MDX on my phone (account is in my name). If my husband downloads the ap and signs into my account, can we both go online to find 4th and beyond fastpasses? So if I am with my daughter trying to get FPs for princess meets for the girls and my husband is working on other FPs for the boys, will that work? Or do I need to be online booking for both groups?

Not sure if two people can be working on the same account at the same time.

Thanks

I looked for the answer to my question but I haven't found it yet. I'm sorry if it has recently been answered and I missed it.

My husband and 2 sons will split up from my daughter and I during our afternoon in MK. Boys are going to Buzz Lightyear. Girls are going to Enchanted Tales (these are our 3rd FPs for the day)

I have MDX on my phone (account is in my name). If my husband downloads the ap and signs into my account, can we both go online to find 4th and beyond fastpasses? So if I am with my daughter trying to get FPs for princess meets for the girls and my husband is working on other FPs for the boys, will that work? Or do I need to be online booking for both groups?

Not sure if two people can be working on the same account at the same time.

Thanks

Yes, that will work just fine having multiple people logged in.

@hiroMYhero knows her stuff, so I'm not putting anything here against what she is saying. However, I can say this....last night since the FL resident rates came out for our trip dates, I started pricing things...with a package/memory maker, then everything separately...tickets/room/memory maker. What I noticed in the package when it showed the ticket names it said FL Discovery Ticket 4-Day. When I went to look at tickets separately, there was the same name of the tickets that were sold in the package. Yes I had to specifically choose those to purchase among the other they had there, but the tickets in the package were available to purchase separately in my case. The difference between the package and everything separately was about $3....that's how much MORE the package was. :rolleyes1 I'm going with the separately because they only require a one night deposit when booking. I said all that to bring attention to the possibility the tickets in your package are the same tickets you can purchase separately. I'm not sure if this is something done for just FL residents, but I'm sure someone here knows better than me. I hope I've helped somewhat! GOOD LUCK!
I believe the issue is that OP’s package was purchased before the ticket price increase, so was hoping to retain the lower pricing.

We are arriving 2 days before MIL checks in onsite. Once she arrives, we will want to have FP together. How does this work? Can I make FP for her as part of a group when my window opens?

I am planning on upgrading mine and DHs hoppers to APs and then returning for a food and wine trip in October.

If we are staying at a Disney springs hotel in October, that has 60 Day FP but we have APs can we still make FP 60 days out? I think yes, but want to confirm.

Of course the 60 day mark is the same day we arrive when we will upgrade to APs.

Thanks!

In the MDX app when I click to add FPs , the “Create FP Party” page comes up but none of my party members are available to select.

Is this a temporary glitch on the app or do I need to do something to fix this?

I don’t remember needing to do anything special last trip.

I know they are connected because I can see them listed in all my resort and dining reservations and I can access their ticket details.

I am planning on upgrading mine and DHs hoppers to APs and then returning for a food and wine trip in October.

If we are staying at a Disney springs hotel in October, that has 60 Day FP but we have APs can we still make FP 60 days out? I think yes, but want to confirm.

Of course the 60 day mark is the same day we arrive when we will upgrade to APs.

Thanks!

The reservation is what unlocks the 60-day period. The ticket/AP simply defines how many days you can make FP selections for. Special case for APs, they are limited to 7 days outside of a reservation (with the 30 day limit), and length of stay within a reservation (with 60-day window)

The reservation is what unlocks the 60-day period. The ticket/AP simply defines how many days you can make FP selections for. Special case for APs, they are limited to 7 days outside of a reservation (with the 30 day limit), and length of stay within a reservation (with 60-day window)

Thank you!

We had a similar situation except one member of our group was not staying at any resort, but just driving over for a day trip from Sebastian, Florida. Since He was part if our “ Friend and family” group in My Disney Experience and I was in charge of planning for him, I was able to make fast passes for him right at the time our 60 day window opened up. If you set up your My Disney Experience correctly, you should be able to make this work too. If, for some reason, this doesn’t work you can always modify to add people to existing fast passes, or at least try to get times that overlap fast pass times and go together.

Note you do not add people to the hotel reservation. You make sure that everyone is included in Friends & Family list and has permission to plan together (and to see each other’s PhotoPass photos too). Everyone has to have tickets too of course. Then when the window opens the person booking FPs can book for everyone in the party, not just the ones in their hotel room.

I wanted to jump on here and ask a question if you don't mind...we will be travelling to WDW in the spring and a friend of my 18 y.o. DD lives close to Orlando and will be joining us for one day at MK. She has an annual pass so does anyone know what info I would need from her in order to add her to our Friends and Family group in MDE? I apologize if this is super easy but I have never needed to do this before so I'm not sure what is involved. I would obviously like to see if she can get the same FPs as us as I originally thought that she would have to book herself at the annual pass booking window and hope that she could at least book overlapping times for the FPs that we will have booked. TIA for any info!

We are headed to WDW at the end of March and I bought tickets last Feb from Undercover Tourist (initially we planned to go in Aug 2018). When I went to MDE I noticed my tickets were no longer linked so I called the help desk. I was unaware that tickets now expire in the year of purchase (we go every other year, and I always buy tickets well in advance). I was told that I can't swap over the phone and have to do so at the gate. Is there a workaround so I can still book FPs, such as buying new tickets thru Disney and somehow being able to swap out the value when I get there? It seems pointless to go during SB and not being able to book FPs in advance as my kids won't be able to go the rides that they want (without waiting 3 hours in line, which I have no intention of doing).

We are headed to WDW at the end of March and I bought tickets last Feb from Undercover Tourist (initially we planned to go in Aug 2018). When I went to MDE I noticed my tickets were no longer linked so I called the help desk. I was unaware that tickets now expire in the year of purchase (we go every other year, and I always buy tickets well in advance). I was told that I can't swap over the phone and have to do so at the gate. Is there a workaround so I can still book FPs, such as buying new tickets thru Disney and somehow being able to swap out the value when I get there? It seems pointless to go during SB and not being able to book FPs in advance as my kids won't be able to go the rides that they want (without waiting 3 hours in line, which I have no intention of doing).

I've heard that tickets may expire, but the value of them do not. Unfortunately, if you want those FPs before your March trip, you're going to have purchase new tickets through Disney. Depending on when you're going at the end of March the 60 day window may not have opened yet, so you might want to get and link your tickets to MDE before then. However, if you're wanting to get the value of the tickets from Undercover tourist put towards your new ones from Disney, I'm not sure how that would work being as you would have already purchased them before arriving at Disney for your trip. I'm sorry I can't be more help there. And if you and your kids rope drop you shouldn't have to wait in 3 hour lines at all. I'm told rope drop and same day FPs work very well! Hope I helped somewhat. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter