FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you use your fastpass? I booked a few for Animal Kingdom, confused on how to use them.

How do you use them? Your answer I believe is on page one of this thread, but let me help the best I can. Your FP all have times on them for when you can ride your ride. Example: Flight of Passage 10-11am. You can arrive 5 minutes early, 9:55am and 15 minutes late 11:15am to do that FP. You enter the queue for the FP line and when you arrive at the "tap in station" you will put your magic band to the scanner or a ticket if you have only that to access your ride. That will use up your first FP. You'll do that at each station till they are all gone. You can now book one FP at a time throughout the day to ride other rides. @Klayfish or @JETSDAD can break that down better than I can. Tell me which FPs you have for AK.

How do you use them? Your answer I believe is on page one of this thread, but let me help the best I can. Your FP all have times on them for when you can ride your ride. Example: Flight of Passage 10-11am. You can arrive 5 minutes early, 9:55am and 15 minutes late 11:15am to do that FP. You enter the queue for the FP line and when you arrive at the "tap in station" you will put your magic band to the scanner or a ticket if you have only that to access your ride. That will use up your first FP. You'll do that at each station till they are all gone. You can now book one FP at a time throughout the day to ride other rides. @Klayfish or @JETSDAD can break that down better than I can. Tell me which FPs you have for AK.

Thanks so much. So far I booked Kilimanjaro Safaris from 3:00pm to 4:00pm and Na'vi River Journey from 4:40 to 5:40pm.

Thanks so much. So far I booked Kilimanjaro Safaris from 3:00pm to 4:00pm and Na'vi River Journey from 4:40 to 5:40pm.

You are most welcome! Your times sound good for FP. Be aware that you can book one more tier 2 if you'd like. My suggestion would be Expedition Everest. Always remember, if you're not happy with your times, you can move them around if you want to. Again, @Klayfish and @JETSDAD are the experts there! Glad I could help! :thumbsup2

Personally I would try for earlier times if you can. Once you've used 3 FP's you can start to add more day of. By having them later in the day you lose this option.

Hi everyone, currently we are checking in on March 6 and leaving March 12. I called this morning to add on one night at the beginning and check in March 5, however they were not able to do that with my current reservation because it was booked with the passholder discount. They offered me the option of a separate reservation for that one night only. With the March 6 check in date, my FP booking day is this Saturday Jan. 5th. If I booked the separate reservation to check in a night early, my FP booking for that date would be this Friday, Jan 4. Would I be able to book the rest of my trip's FPs on Friday as well? Or would I have to wait until Saturday for the rest, because it would be separate reservation numbers?
Thank you!!

Hi everyone, currently we are checking in on March 6 and leaving March 12. I called this morning to add on one night at the beginning and check in March 5, however they were not able to do that with my current reservation because it was booked with the passholder discount. They offered me the option of a separate reservation for that one night only. With the March 6 check in date, my FP booking day is this Saturday Jan. 5th. If I booked the separate reservation to check in a night early, my FP booking for that date would be this Friday, Jan 4. Would I be able to book the rest of my trip's FPs on Friday as well? Or would I have to wait until Saturday for the rest, because it would be separate reservation numbers?
Thank you!!

Yes. You’d have a split stay with 2 onsite reservations, covered in Post #4.

Last edited:

I am planning for some family members. Currently 5 family members have a fast pass for Slinky Dog Dash. I need to remove two people from that fast pass reservation in order to book fast passes at different park for them. How do I remove them from the fast pass party (it is only allowing me to change a fast pass to a different one at Hollywood Studios) without having the other three people lose their Slinky Dog Fast Pass? Thanks!

I am planning for some family members. Currently 5 family members have a fast pass for Slinky Dog Dash. I need to remove two people from that fast pass reservation in order to book fast passes at different park for them. How do I remove them from the fast pass party (it is only allowing me to change a fast pass to a different one at Hollywood Studios) without having the other three people lose their Slinky Dog Fast Pass? Thanks!
Go to the FP and choose Cancel.

Only Select the people who need to Cancel and proceed.

You can just go in to the FP and cancel it for the 2 people. Click on the FP and then Cancel. It will give you the option to select who you are cancelling for. The other way would be to just go add a new FP at a different park. Once you add that FP the existing ones they have will be removed.

Thank you! I was so worried I would screw it up for the other three so I wanted to verify before I went ahead and cancelled this hard to get FP.

My daughter's check-in date is March 16. One online calculator says Jan 15 is Fastpass booking day, another online calculator says Jan 14 is Fastpass booking day. Which is correct?
Thanks in advance.

My daughter's check-in date is March 16. One online calculator says Jan 15 is Fastpass booking day, another online calculator says Jan 14 is Fastpass booking day. Which is correct?
Thanks in advance.

Sixty days before March 16 is January 15. There are any number of sources for this information, including assistants such as Siri.

Please can someone advise- I have booked FPs for 6 ppl for our upcoming trip. On 1 of those days the boys might be doing something other than WDW (middle of trip), they are not sure yet. If they go somewhere else, can we use their FPs, if they tap into the park? TIA!

Please can someone advise- I have booked FPs for 6 ppl for our upcoming trip. On 1 of those days the boys might be doing something other than WDW (middle of trip), they are not sure yet. If they go somewhere else, can we use their FPs, if they tap into the park? TIA!

If they enter the park that day, yes. Otherwise, no. You will need their tickets or bands to redeem their FPs.

Yes you are entitled to book for all onsite park days.

It’s always best not to ask CMs and instead rely on info in @mesaboy2 ’s FP FAQ.
Your advice was spot on! Even though 3 cm’s on the phone told me it wouldn’t work with an annual pass, I was able to book my 5 day onsite March trip fast passes while I still have 9 days of onsite stay fast passes on the books for later this month. One peculiar thing is my fast pass booking window opened a day early yesterday even though it should have opened this morning for my March 6th trip. I had also heard that might happen here on this thread, so I had been watching for that. Thanks for all the great advice for a first time passholder!

If they enter the park that day, yes. Otherwise, no. You will need their tickets or bands to redeem their FPs.
Thanks! If they enter the park but then leave again, will that work or do they have to tap out to leave?

Have read to make myself familiar with some of the ways to get get extras FP’s when park hopping. Pretty much understand but do have this question (sorry if at missed it somewhere!):

If I understand correctly, if I go to DHS in the morning and book only 2 FP’s in advance I can book a 3rd FP at Epcot for later in the day once we tap at the first attraction at DHD , correct? My question is whether we can also book a 4th FP at Epcot either at the same time or after we go to the second attraction at DHS? Or is only 1 additional FP able to be booked at another park if you book 2 at the first park? Hope the question is clear. Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter