FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because your FP#1 and FP#2 will be at night(?), that does leave most of your day not blocked off when trying for Pandora for FP#3.

I would leave FP#3 open because when you go to book it, the system will have a wide variety of availability of rides and times from which to choose.

I have a Barnstormer "research" FP booked for next week. When I tap "Modify" the system has to search specific Barnstormer availability and then all ride availability after that.

With an open FP slot, the system begins with total ride availability and isn't encumbered by a specific ride Search.
Thanks for the tip. I think I will only book 2 FPs each day at AK.

:wizard:

I just wish they would go ahead and announce tiers or not. I mean, even if they don't allow us to book the FPs, at least clue us in to what is going to happen...but I guess that is too much to ask, huh?
It would seem strange (and pretty unfair) for WDW to allow FP booking for say EE+KS+ROL on or after May 27 and then later come back and say "Sorry, those are in different tiers now and you have to change them".

I am not a close observer of WDW like many of you, but it would seem to me if they were to introduce tiers, it would be something like this (because of the unfairness I referenced):

Tier 1 (select one)
FoP
NRJ

Tier 2 (select two)
Everything else

They could do this without disrupting anyone's prior FP plans.

It would seem strange (and pretty unfair) for WDW to allow FP booking for say EE+KS+ROL on or after May 27 and then later come back and say "Sorry, those are in different tiers now and you have to change them".

I am not a close observer of WDW like many of you, but it would seem to me if they were to introduce tiers, it would be something like this (because of the unfairness I referenced):

Tier 1 (select one)
FoP
NRJ

Tier 2 (select two)
Everything else

They could do this without disrupting anyone's prior FP plans.

I'm certainly a fan of this plan! But they could actually make ONE of the attractions you mentioned a tier 1 and then no one would currently have more than one tier 1 booked. Yes, you would have to change that *new* tier 1 if you wanted to schedule a Pandora ride, but one would not have to change anything if they wanted to keep their current FP schedule. Hope that makes sense.

When Epcot changed into a tiered park, I had already booked my fast passes - Soarin', Test Track and something else (I can't remember what!). Anyway, my fast passes were not suddenly cancelled, and they went on as planned. The only thing that was important to note, was that I couldn't make any changes to my fast passes. If I did, one of the tier 1 attractions would be cancelled. I'm not sure if this is how it would work in AK if that went to a tiered park, but this is what happened for me in Epcot. :)

When Epcot changed into a tiered park, I had already booked my fast passes - Soarin', Test Track and something else (I can't remember what!). Anyway, my fast passes were not suddenly cancelled, and they went on as planned. The only thing that was important to note, was that I couldn't make any changes to my fast passes. If I did, one of the tier 1 attractions would be cancelled. I'm not sure if this is how it would work in AK if that went to a tiered park, but this is what happened for me in Epcot. :)
This is good to know. Maybe I will have to consider strategy for booking after all!

Reactions: CJK
I thought Epcot was tiered from the beginning of FP+. It sounds like it was not?

I thought Epcot was tiered from the beginning of FP+. It sounds like it was not?
I'm not sure of specific dates, but there must've been a short window when you could book anything in Epcot. There was a panic at the time, with people being worried that their fast passes would be cancelled if they had more than one tier 1 attraction booked, but as I mentioned, it wasn't a problem.

I booked FP+ for Soarin' and Test Track for Nov. 2013 trip. They switched to tiers before the trip but after I booked.

Reactions: CJK
Trying to secure a morning fast pass time for the Tomorrowland Speedway on April 19. It seems as though they did not update the fast passes for this attraction when they extended the park hours to a 7am emh. No fast passes before 10:50am and none after 9:30pm(but park has emh till 2am) but yet lots of other popular rides have 8am avail?

Trying to secure a morning fast pass time for the Tomorrowland Speedway on April 19. It seems as though they did not update the fast passes for this attraction when they extended the park hours to a 7am emh. No fast passes before 10:50am and none after 9:30pm(but park has emh till 2am) but yet lots of other popular rides have 8am avail?
FPs are not available during EMH - morning or evening.

Do you have other FPs booked during the 8:00 - 10:00a time period?

FPs are not available during EMH - morning or evening.

Do you have other FPs booked during the 8:00 - 10:00a time period?

yes, I have one booked 9:50-10:50. Makes sense fast passes aren't bookable from 7-8am but now the park opens at 8am so I would have thought they would have had some early 8am ones. The popular rides like Space Mt, BTMR all have availability. just seems odd but it's ok-we will hopefully do ok without fast passes since we are taking a break after lunch. I have the ones I want booked for 6:30 that same night. Just found it really strange that of all rides, the speedway didn't have availability!

I thought I read somewhere that you could skip your FP windows and still book a 2nd tier 1 at Epcot, but can't find this anywhere. Is this right? I have SSE, Turtle Talk, and then FEA. I'm planning on Turtle Talk standby, and not using the FP, to avoid backtracking (doing Soarin at RD). Will this work, or will I need to actually tap both 2nd tiers first?

I thought I read somewhere that you could skip your FP windows and still book a 2nd tier 1 at Epcot, but can't find this anywhere. Is this right? I have SSE, Turtle Talk, and then FEA. I'm planning on Turtle Talk standby, and not using the FP, to avoid backtracking (doing Soarin at RD). Will this work, or will I need to actually tap both 2nd tiers first?
The steps for allowing Tier 2s to expire and booking a 2nd Tier 1 are explained in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM linked in the OP and in @mesaboy2's signature:
FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Checking Availability; Park Hopping; Additional Tier 1 Booking; FPs for Long Stays

Link them to fake names/phantoms in your MDE account and then book the FPs. Use the party tickets at the FP entrances.

So just to be clear, in my MDE I have Tom, Billy & Sandy with RO reservations and linked Memory Maker and UCT 5 day park tickets - If I purchase MNSSHP and add fake/phantom names to my MDE - Jojo, Minnie & Barnie I can get three additional FP before the party officially starts at 7pm? If I do this will it affect Memory Maker?
Also I read here that people with RO reservations were able to book their FP 61 days in advance - is this still true?
Can we also book ADR's 181 Days in advance?

I booked FP+ for Soarin' and Test Track for Nov. 2013 trip. They switched to tiers before the trip but after I booked.

I did the same in Nov 2013. In fact, that trip was FP perfection. They were just testing FP+ so we had all of them (with no tiering) and we were still issued cards so we could still get paper FP's. It was great.

So just to be clear, in my MDE I have Tom, Billy & Sandy with RO reservations and linked Memory Maker and UCT 5 day park tickets - If I purchase MNSSHP and add fake/phantom names to my MDE - Jojo, Minnie & Barnie I can get three additional FP before the party officially starts at 7pm? If I do this will it affect Memory Maker?
Also I read here that people with RO reservations were able to book their FP 61 days in advance - is this still true?
Can we also book ADR's 181 Days in advance?
Hi Thia,
Yes for the phantoms and they do need the hard, plastic party tickets to enter the Party and FP lines.

It doesn't affect MM because MM is linked to the MDE account and not affected by any type of ticket usage. Always have a linked MagicBand with you for the linkage of ride photos and ride videos.

I'm not sure about RO getting 61 days but you may as well try. Not sure about ADRs either.

I know the 60-day window was posted in the MNSSHP thread as "umbrella-ing" over for the phantoms and that's true if regular tickets are linked to offsite guests or phantoms. With the Party Tickets, last year it was noted by many MNSSHP-goers that the MNSSHP ticket could not "fit" under the umbrella and was relegated to a 30-day window. That may also occur this year.

Thank you.

Should I add these Phantom names now before I purchase my MNSSHP tickets and then assign those tickets to them? PM if you feel the need. Thanks!

Thank you.

Should I add these Phantom names now before I purchase my MNSSHP tickets and then assign those tickets to them? PM if you feel the need. Thanks!
Easily added now. As soon as you link the plastic ticket, it forever remains linked to the phantom/Profile line.

Hi! Can somehow direct me to a post or tell me how to complete the following. I have a 4 day ticket and booked my fast passes for the 4 days. However I want to see about switching a day booked to a day I don't have any fast passes. Is there a way to check availability for the day I want to switch to? I don't want to cancel any fast passes. Thank you! I'm using the mde app on my iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter