FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time FP+ user here.... and I honestly couldn't find this answer.

We are going in May. :flower1: and Garden, here we come.

If on an Epcot Day, arriving in the afternoon we ONLY want to ride Soarin, enjoy Flower&Garden for awhile and THEN park hop to MK, are we able to get the other 2 FP+ for MK??

Thanks much!!

If on an Epcot Day, arriving in the afternoon we ONLY want to ride Soarin, enjoy Flower&Garden for awhile and THEN park hop to MK, are we able to get the other 2 FP+ for MK??

Thanks much!!

You can't pre-book one FP at Epcot and 2 at MK if that's what you're asking. You can however pre-book Soarin' and then once you've tapped your band to get on, book for MK, although I'm not sure if you can book both, or can only do one at a time.

Thanks much!!
Yes. As soon as you enter the Soarin' line, go on the app and book 2 FPs for MK.

The steps are located in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky. :)

You can't pre-book one FP at Epcot and 2 at MK if that's what you're asking. You can however pre-book Soarin' and then once you've tapped your band to get on, book for MK, although I'm not sure if you can book both, or can only do one at a time.

Yes. As soon as you enter the Soarin' line, go on the app and book 2 FPs for MK.

The steps are located in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky. :)

Thank you both very much!!! :)

Hello everyone;

I've been reading the FP Faq but honestly can't seem to find the answer to my question....
We're planning a 2018 trip and will be purchasing regular admission tickets through UT. We do NOT want to activate the tickets early (of course) and are purchasing slowly well in advance.
But how does the new FP system work with unactivated tickets? Am I even able to book any FP at all or do I need to wait until our first day of entry?

Any help much appreciated and I do apologize for the redundant question. The last time we visited was before Magicbands, can you imagine.

Hello everyone;

I've been reading the FP Faq but honestly can't seem to find the answer to my question....
We're planning a 2018 trip and will be purchasing regular admission tickets through UT. We do NOT want to activate the tickets early (of course) and are purchasing slowly well in advance.
But how does the new FP system work with unactivated tickets? Am I even able to book any FP at all or do I need to wait until our first day of entry?

Any help much appreciated and I do apologize for the redundant question. The last time we visited was before Magicbands, can you imagine.
At the time you purchase your tickets from UT, they are "active."

If you don't plan on returning them to get a refund, link these active tickets to your MDE account.

You'll then see an open 30-day FP booking window that rolls forward each day.

Thank you - that was so fast! So the tickets are "active" to make FP reservations but not "activated", is that correct?
We are planning to purchase in May/June of 2017 (this year) but won't actually step foot in the parks until January of 2018.

Thank you - that was so fast! So the tickets are "active" to make FP reservations but not "activated", is that correct?
We are planning to purchase in May/June of 2017 (this year) but won't actually step foot in the parks until January of 2018.
Active and unused. They do not have to be activated - just use them to enter a park and your 14-day "usage" timeframe begins.

Question that I think I know the answer to, but wanted to ask just to make sure.

For our Vacation this year we are going to be at Disney May 21-25 (bad timing I know) then at Universal Studios May 26-27. We are staying on-site (BLT) for the Disney portion then moving to a Universal hotel for the last three nights. The BLT reservation was booked before we knew the opening date of Pandora (obviously). However we have 7-day park tickets and were planning to to back to AK on Sunday afternoon (May 27th) to see Pandora. Since that is the opening weekend, I know it is going to be crazy and FP+ reservations will almost be a must in order to fully enjoy it. If I understand the top posts, we will be able to book FP+ reservations 60 days out from the check-in of our BLT stay, but that 60 day window will only extend until the day we check out and move to Universal. Meaning for our May 27th day for Pandora we would be limited to a 30 day window and considering the situation I'm expecting there to not be much left available for any of the Pandora attractions.

Is my understanding of the FP+ reservation windows correct?

If so, would I be able to book a single (value) room for the 27th and use that to extend my 60 day window to cover our day for Pandora? Note that there is 6 in our family so a single value room wouldn't be enough to accomodate us. We wouldn't be using the room just using it for the FP+ window.

Meaning for our May 27th day for Pandora we would be limited to a 30 day window and considering the situation I'm expecting there to not be much left available for any of the Pandora attractions.
No. You will be able to book FPs 60 days before May 27th. It's because your 60-day window begins to roll forward each day beginning with your first offsite day.

See the Split Stay section of this thread.

No. You will be able to book FPs 60 days before May 27th. It's because your 60-day window begins to roll forward each day beginning with your first offsite day.

See the Split Stay section of this thread.

I did read that section, but the wording is not 100% clear.

• Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

So for my case, we check in on May 21st and Check out on May 25th. Our FP+ booking window opens up on March 22, and at that time we can make FP+ reservations for our entire onsite stay (i.e. May 21 - May 25th). What isn't 100% clear is how the "roll forward" actually works. If I read the post literally, then on our last day (May 26th) I could still make FP+ reservations 60 days in advance (i.e. July 25th) assuming I have a valid ticket with available days, even if I'm not planning to stay onsite during a potential July trip. Is this correct? Just seems a bit odd.

I did read that section, but the wording is not 100% clear.
Really? I wrote that section as well as my reply above. ;)

If I read the post literally, then on our last day (May 26th) I could still make FP+ reservations 60 days in advance (i.e. July 25th) assuming I have a valid ticket with available days, even if I'm not planning to stay onsite during a potential July trip. Is this correct? Just seems a bit odd.
Yes it's true. It's how Disney's software works. 60-day window opens and rolls until the guests check out of their onsite reservation - all based on when the ITs are awake. ;) ;)

That's why guests take advantage of Throwaway Room perks. See that Sticky on the TPAS board.

Can you please expand on how FP's for paid events works? I plan on purchasing MNSSHP tix with a DVC discount. I would like to purchase the tix in advance in case they were to sell out. Will the tickets automatically be put into my MDE account or will I link them in myself? Also, if I have an onsite reservation in my MDE, then I can use those tix to reserve 3 FP for that day 60 days in advance, correct? If I'm offsite, I can use the tix to reserve FP 30 days in advance? TIA! :goodvibes

Can you please expand on how FP's for paid events works? I plan on purchasing MNSSHP tix with a DVC discount. I would like to purchase the tix in advance in case they were to sell out. Will the tickets automatically be put into my MDE account or will I link them in myself? Also, if I have an onsite reservation in my MDE, then I can use those tix to reserve 3 FP for that day 60 days in advance, correct? If I'm offsite, I can use the tix to reserve FP 30 days in advance? TIA! :goodvibes

FP isn't available during parties.

If you purchase your tickets online while logged in to MDE they would be linked. Not sure about other methods but I wouldn't think it would be difficult to link them.

The FP rules would be the same, 60 days with a reservation. You can't use FP during the party hours but you can enter at 4 with the party ticket and use them before the official party time.

Watch the timing when you schedule them and make sure the last one ends before 7 pm. It could be 6:55 or whatever but last year anyone that had a 7:00 or later ending time had that FP cancelled.

If you purchase your tickets online while logged in to MDE they would be linked. Not sure about other methods but I wouldn't think it would be difficult to link them.

The FP rules would be the same, 60 days with a reservation. You can't use FP during the party hours but you can enter at 4 with the party ticket and use them before the official party time.

Watch the timing when you schedule them and make sure the last one ends before 7 pm. It could be 6:55 or whatever but last year anyone that had a 7:00 or later ending time had that FP cancelled.
Last year, those after 6:30 were
cancelled, so make sure your first FP on party nights is 3:30-4:30. Also, if you plan to book FPs at another park in the morning, you won't be able to also book FPs at MK on your party ticket. You are still limited to 3 FPs per day, regardless of your ticket entitlements.

:wave2: Dropping in to Alert everyone that the Everything FP+ subforum has been collapsed back into TPAS! This FP FAQ thread by @mesaboy2 will remain as a Sticky at the top of this TPAS forum.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me or mesaboy2 know.

Thanks!

:wave2: Dropping in to Alert everyone that the Everything FP+ subforum has been collapsed back into TPAS! This FP FAQ thread by @mesaboy2 will remain as a Sticky at the top of this TPAS forum.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me or mesaboy2 know.

Thanks!

so where is the best place to post questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter