FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleting - upon further research, what I asked is a violation of the FP TOS

Last edited:
Ok, so booking window for onsite guests is 60 before check in. Verbiage is my issue. Is it 60 including check in or 60 days not including. Im checking in 05/13 so can I make FP+ on March 15 or 16?

Timeanddatecalculator.com is what I use:
Check-in date minus 60 days equals your booking date. Your check-in date is the basis of the calculation.

Ok, so booking window for onsite guests is 60 before check in. Verbiage is my issue. Is it 60 including check in or 60 days not including. Im checking in 05/13 so can I make FP+ on March 15 or 16?

Neither - March 14. (March has 31 days.)

I'm booked on-site at WDW in May. I'm curious if my booking counts as a package or not to book FP 60 days out. I have room and dining, but bought tickets through Undercover Tourist and linked them to MDE. Does that still count as a package? Will I be able to book FP 60 days out?

I'm booked on-site at WDW in May. I'm curious if my booking counts as a package or not to book FP 60 days out. I have room and dining, but bought tickets through Undercover Tourist and linked them to MDE. Does that still count as a package? Will I be able to book FP 60 days out?
Any guest who has an onsite reservation linked to their MDE and tickets also linked to MDE benefits from the open 60-day window. The window opens (expands from 30 days) when you are exactly 60 days from check-in.

Ok, I had to comment on something that is not true for us. It states that it is read, for any fastpass line to be more than 15 or 20 minutes. False, not true, almost every fast pass line I go to is more than a 15 or 20 minute line. I have a service dog and I feel thy need to learn to accommodate me and fast passes better, or me and DAS better. My experience with either a DAS or a FP is at least 20 minutes if not longer, usually longer, especially in places at MK. Example, space mountain, 30 minutes or more at least. When you go eithe FP or DAS, with a service dog, you are not allowed in, so you wait to the side, until they decide to call a lead or manager or whomever. Yes until they decide, at space they decide you should stand in the hot sun for at least 15 minutes until they place that call, then it always takes 15 minutes for the person to come, then you are allowed to get in line and wait your 15 to 20 minutes. Once I waited over an hour with a FP for Space and they only let you ride space once. I don't mind this set up as some places like splash and BTMRR, it can take just as long, many time not but still a good 15 minutes and then they let you in the FP line, but since they have to put up the kennel, both of these rides the manager, tells them to let us go twice if we won't. I don't mind waiting, but I feel for me neither the fast pass or the DAS which is both suppose to be equal service ever gives me equal service. Many many times, the workers have no idea how to set up a kennel, and I have to blind do it for them. They need to revamp this system. The other parks, have the kennels all set up, at RnR or ToT the kennel is set up, at ToT is is worthless really. They put me in the fast pass lane, make me go all the way to the enterance of the ride, then let everyone on, and make me go back down stairs, wait for a manager, put the dog in kennel and make me go all the way back upstairs and wait until there is a space for me, taken an extra 15 to 20 minutes that I have to add to the first 15 to 20 minutes. But I do like some things. I love the safari, I love when all the cast members say, that's a real service dog, and I say yes, they say none of the dogs every sit down and not move, it is so dangerous for us when we have barking dogs and such. But your dog never even looked up. I know. Just wanted to let you know, you need a disclaimer, 15 to 20 minutes unless you have a service dog then it is usually 45 minutes to and hour.

The precise quote is as follows, and I stand behind it:
- It is rare for any FP wait at any normally-operating attraction to exceed 15-20 minutes. This includes the most popular or lowest capacity attractions such as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

That said, I am sincerely sorry that your particular experience is different.

I have a service dog and I feel thy need to learn to accommodate me and fast passes better, or me and DAS better.
@DG25 - I encourage you to inform Guest Relations of the ongoing issues you have regarding the accommodations for your Service Dog. Please let them know of the excessively slow process in providing the kennel so that your wait time prior to actually entering the FP line is shortened for your future trips.

Here is the contact info:
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

On the DisABILITIES Board, many book their DAS ride to coincide with their FP return time - this will enable you to benefit from two rides on the attraction while your dog is kenneled.

I do hope you receive better accommodations and wait times improve for you.

Well I am thankful they have the accommodation of the kennel. And in some places it works great, RnR I walk thru the line with dog, at end right before ride they have me go thru door, the kennel is always set up, and a manager is there since they call ahead, we go in place dog and come out and get on next ride, usually we are one or two trains behind, not bad for an accommodation. But unfortunately, many rides are not like this, especially at MK. I have complained, and I do understand, they have to have a manager come, since they have only trained a manager to do the job. I just wanted to let people understand, for years and years I heard DAS was a go to the front of the line pass, for some of us, DAS and FP actually saves me no time at all. Well i does, if I did not have one, I would have to after the manager came, get in the regular line and that would be longer. So, I am thankful for the accommodations, and I do think they are great, how do we make it go faster, I doubt Disney will help, very few people use the service, and it would not be in mine or there best interest to train more managers to do the job. So since very few need it or use it, they will not commit. I have told them they should not do things like make me walk all the way upstairs, and then leave and go down stairs like at ToT, but they didn't seem to care. I have asked them not to make a person wait so long, that they should when I get a DAS make sure the manager was ready when the time is up, but there response was true, a DAS return time is not definately, neither is a FP they have a window. I think for those very few, we would give up the window, just tell me when you want me here and I will be here. Also, I think they need to find a place to permenetly set up the kennel so they don't need to take it down. Like at RnR, but I understand that, some places like in MK don't have inside places to have it set up all the time. So anyway, I will just be thankful, we have it.

Well I am thankful they have the accommodation of the kennel. And in some places it works great, RnR I walk thru the line with dog, at end right before ride they have me go thru door, the kennel is always set up, and a manager is there since they call ahead, we go in place dog and come out and get on next ride, usually we are one or two trains behind, not bad for an accommodation. But unfortunately, many rides are not like this, especially at MK. I have complained, and I do understand, they have to have a manager come, since they have only trained a manager to do the job. I just wanted to let people understand, for years and years I heard DAS was a go to the front of the line pass, for some of us, DAS and FP actually saves me no time at all. Well i does, if I did not have one, I would have to after the manager came, get in the regular line and that would be longer. So, I am thankful for the accommodations, and I do think they are great, how do we make it go faster, I doubt Disney will help, very few people use the service, and it would not be in mine or there best interest to train more managers to do the job. So since very few need it or use it, they will not commit. I have told them they should not do things like make me walk all the way upstairs, and then leave and go down stairs like at ToT, but they didn't seem to care. I have asked them not to make a person wait so long, that they should when I get a DAS make sure the manager was ready when the time is up, but there response was true, a DAS return time is not definately, neither is a FP they have a window. I think for those very few, we would give up the window, just tell me when you want me here and I will be here. Also, I think they need to find a place to permenetly set up the kennel so they don't need to take it down. Like at RnR, but I understand that, some places like in MK don't have inside places to have it set up all the time. So anyway, I will just be thankful, we have it.
I was addressing your statement in your first post that "they need to accommodate me better."

Disney will only address improving accommodations if someone complains. It's the inappropriate timing of the accommodations which impacts your movement and the timing through the FP lines.

Please forgive me asking this question. I've read through the intro posts and think I understand but with all the planning for this trip my brain's a bit foggy. I hope someone might be willing to confirm my assumption. We have 4 DVC-ers; staying 3 weeks onsite (59 days 'til check in); 4 Annual Passes will be linked to main MDE account (2 already purchased, 2 can't be purchased until arrival 4/29). Question - is it true that only the 2 with AP purchased will be able to make FP+ now? The others will have to when they arrive? Thanks - and apologies if I'm asking a really obvious question.

I am doing FPs for a larger party. Most do not have MDE accounts or their emails set up. The tickets are linked to my account as they are in my friends and family list, and some of them are on the onsite reservation with us.

Question - Will I be able to book FPs for everyone (those that are NOT staying on site and those that are) at the 60 day mark?

If so, do I need to have them set up their own MDE account or is it okay that I can see all the tickets from my account (the tickets were bought on my account)?

I am doing FPs for a larger party. Most do not have MDE accounts or their emails set up. The tickets are linked to my account as they are in my friends and family list, and some of them are on the onsite reservation with us.

Question - Will I be able to book FPs for everyone (those that are NOT staying on site and those that are) at the 60 day mark?

If so, do I need to have them set up their own MDE account or is it okay that I can see all the tickets from my account (the tickets were bought on my account)?
Won't those staying off site have to wait until 30 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter