FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I saw where the FP Tier will change for DHS. 1) Has that already happened? 2) Also, what are the chances of getting DHS FPs today for Saturday, August 24 in the late afternoon evening? We like riding RnR, ToT, Star Tours, and haven't seen Toy Story Land yet, so anything there. We weren't going to go to DHS this trip, but I heard an Aerosmith song this morning on the way to work and now I really want to ride RnR!! :rotfl2:

Detailed in Post #8.

Hi all. We are traveling with my parents to WDW and I have them linked as Friends and Family in MDE. I will be doing FPs for the whole group. Usually we are together for the entire trip and have the exact same park tickets (i.e. 4-day, 5-day, etc) so FPs are quick and easy to choose for all. This trip, my parents will be with us only the first 1/2 of our trip. We have 6-day park tickets, and my parents have 3-day park tickets.

(1) Is there anything that will cause a hiccup when I go to book our FPs because of the mismatch in park ticket days, i.e. we're 6-day and they are 3-day?
(2) When I go to book FPs for all of us, I plan to start with higher priority FPs, which happen to fall toward the end of the trip when my parents won't be with us. How do I carve out certain FPs for just us vs. FPs for the entire group?

I hope these questions make sense. Basically, I don't want to be caught in a learning curve at 7am when I'm trying to book FPs.

Thank you!

(1) Is there anything that will cause a hiccup when I go to book our FPs because of the mismatch in park ticket days, i.e. we're 6-day and they are 3-day?
No.

(2) When I go to book FPs for all of us, I plan to start with higher priority FPs, which happen to fall toward the end of the trip when my parents won't be with us. How do I carve out certain FPs for just us vs. FPs for the entire group?
You pick and choose people, the date, and FPs.

Making sure I am understanding this correctly..... We will be staying offsite for a week and then checking in 9/28 -10/1 at SSR. My family has AP's and our friends have 4 day magic tickets. I have them linked on our family friends so I can make their FP selections with ours. I show that I will be able to book FP 60 days out from 9/28 which is 7/30. I believe I will also be able to book backwards dates also ? So on 7/30 I can book for the onsite days and the days that lead up to it ?? Wanting to be sure I understand correctly. We are thinking Sunday 9/29 and Monday 9/30 will be our AK and HS days. Which will be determined 1st by is we are lucky enough to get FOP on either of those days. The only other limit I am aware of is that their 4 day magic tickets have to be used within 7 days of the first day. ?? Thanks for your help :) 68 days until we head to our Happy Place :)

Making sure I am understanding this correctly..... We will be staying offsite for a week and then checking in 9/28 -10/1 at SSR. My family has AP's and our friends have 4 day magic tickets. I have them linked on our family friends so I can make their FP selections with ours. I show that I will be able to book FP 60 days out from 9/28 which is 7/30. I believe I will also be able to book backwards dates also ? So on 7/30 I can book for the onsite days and the days that lead up to it ?? Wanting to be sure I understand correctly. We are thinking Sunday 9/29 and Monday 9/30 will be our AK and HS days. Which will be determined 1st by is we are lucky enough to get FOP on either of those days. The only other limit I am aware of is that their 4 day magic tickets have to be used within 7 days of the first day. ?? Thanks for your help :) 68 days until we head to our Happy Place :)

I don’t think you can book backwards anymore. I think they got rid of that when they fixed the rolling 60. Your offsite days must be booked at 30 days out. And AP’s are capped at 7 days of FP+ total, including your onsite days, unless you have more than 7 onsite days.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

I don’t think you can book backwards anymore. I think they got rid of that when they fixed the rolling 60. Your offsite days must be booked at 30 days out. And AP’s are capped at 7 days of FP+ total, including your onsite days, unless you have more than 7 onsite days.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.
Thanks for the help. When we stayed late February we were able to book the backwards dates for our group, but if its been fixed, then oh well.

To not confuse those who have onsite stays, the FP booking window only opens for check-in through checkout dates of the onsite stay.

It’s a well-defined Booking window and is explained in the Booking section of this FAQ.

I couldn’t remember the date of the change. I’m guessing it was after Blakefamily went in Feb.

I thought I saw where the FP Tier will change for DHS. 1) Has that already happened? 2) Also, what are the chances of getting DHS FPs today for Saturday, August 24 in the late afternoon evening? We like riding RnR, ToT, Star Tours, and haven't seen Toy Story Land yet, so anything there. We weren't going to go to DHS this trip, but I heard an Aerosmith song this morning on the way to work and now I really want to ride RnR!! :rotfl2:
HS changes begin on 8/29 (for FPs booked ON that day, and beyond)

My husband and I and our 8 kids plus a new daughter in law will be arriving on different days Dec. 2019.
Dec. 12 (4 ppl arriving Disney resort + ticket package)
Dec. 14 (2 ppl arriving DVC + undercovertourist ticket)
Dec. 15 (4 ppl arriving Disney resort + ticket package)
Dec. 16 ( 1 person arriving Disney resort+ ticket package)

The first 60+ fast pass day opens Oct. 13.
Will we be able to make fp reservtions for ALL of us on Oct. 13 or
do we have to wait to add people as each of 60 day fp reservation opens?

Thank you!

So they changed all the tiers at DHS, so could only get one FP. I can get another right after we use it, correct? It seems like there’s lots of availability for the oldies but goodies, not sure why they felt the need to do this?

So they changed all the tiers at DHS, so could only get one FP. I can get another right after we use it, correct? It seems like there’s lots of availability for the oldies but goodies, not sure why they felt the need to do this?

From Post #8:
A second Group 1 attraction in the same park can be scheduled only as a 4th FP or beyond. In other words, scheduling less than 3 FPs for a day in a tiered park is not a shortcut to getting a second Group 1 FP in the same park faster.

Suggestion would be to book some tier 2 FPs as early in the day as possible, even if you do not use them. That way, they can expire early and get you on your 4th FP as early as possible.

I asked this before, but if we change plans and add a day to our trip, is it too late to get good FPs for DHS for Saturday, August 24? I don't want to pay for another day if all the food FPs are gone (i.e. Slinky Dog, ToT, RnRc)

I asked this before, but if we change plans and add a day to our trip, is it too late to get good FPs for DHS for Saturday, August 24? I don't want to pay for another day if all the food FPs are gone (i.e. Slinky Dog, ToT, RnRc)
Availability

The vast majority of the 64 FP attractions at WDW have FPs available as late as day-of.

Guests participating in the FP+ Pilot Program, who have access to FPs at 90 days in advance, can assume wide availability for all attractions.

- Attractions listed here are the most difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect limited availability even at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests are unlikely to get much availability (if at all) at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance may require frequent monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are most unlikely, but possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Magic Kingdom)
  • Frozen Ever After (Epcot)
  • Slinky Dog Dash (Hollywood Studios)
  • Avatar Flight Of Passage (Animal Kingdom)
- Attractions listed here can be difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect good availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect limited availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance will likely require regular monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom)
  • Peter Pan's Flight (Magic Kingdom)
  • Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth (Epcot)
  • Soarin' (Epcot)
  • Test Track (Epcot)
  • Toy Story Mania (Hollywood Studios)
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Hollywood Studios)
  • Navi River Journey (Animal Kingdom)
  • Rivers of Light (Animal Kingdom)
- All other attractions are relatively easy to get. Onsite guests can expect wide availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect good availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days is likely, but availability may be limited. Same-day FPs are likely, but may require frequent monitoring via MDX.

- Success at getting FPs depends primarily on two factors: the size of the group and how often one is willing to “refresh” the available FP list for that attraction. Constant refreshing, patience, and persistence can result in getting even the most difficult FPs as late as day-of.

- The MDX system can be used to check availability at any park, even if FPs are selected for a different park that day. However, guests are advised to be careful not to confirm any selections offered, or existing FPs will be affected. See the FP FAQ Addendum for more information.

- In general, day-of FP availability for most headliners--particularly outside of Magic Kingdom—is typically low and approaches nonexistent as choices for 4th FPs since several hours must pass until guests are eligible for 4th FPs.

- There is little evidence that different “pools” of FPs are maintained for different booking windows. In other words, the full slate of FPs available for any particular attraction is released at one time, some 70+ days in advance, and none are saved for offsite guests or those who wait until they arrive in the park.

- If maximum choice and times of FPs is desired, then reserving them at the earliest opportunity is highly recommended.

You’d someone with active tickets and a trip that covers 8/24 to check that for you, but I can tell you the on the Saturday prior (8/17), all of the FPs you mentioned are currently gone for a party of 4. However, availability literally changes by the second, so no telling what could pop up between now and then.

ETA: Correction, there are still some evening RnRC available

Last edited:
Thank you. We will probably just stick to our original plan of just doing a Resort day that day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter