FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is, say 3 of us went to WDW and we all used up our 3 FP for the day. I would look on MDE app to find FP times available for other rides we want to use a FP on. So say a ride time pops up at 4:30, does that mean all 3 of us can get that FP for 4:30? Is that 4:30 time slot just for one FP or are there enough FP available for all 3 of us? How do I know?

As part of the FP selection process, you specify the members of your party before the system returns available times based on that party size.

As part of the FP selection process, you specify the members of your party before the system returns available times based on that party size.
Thanks. I didn't remember reading about that and I saw a message about swapping magic bands to use FP so I wasn't sure!

Hi

I currently have below:

9:30 am – 10:30 am Spaceship Earth
10:40 am – 11:40 am Frozen
11:40 am – 12:40 pm The Land

If I do not make it back to The Land for 11:40 am - 12:40 pm, and I cancel at 11:40 am, can I then make another FP for Tier 1? Wondering if I can do Soarin FP same day?
We will have been in Epcot a few different days so I'm just trying to figure out if we can do Soarin closer to dinner.
Thank you very much.

Hi all! Usually when we go to WDW we totally submerge ourselves and have park tickets for each day. This time we decided to hit Universal and Legoland as well. We are only spending 3 days at the WDW parks but we are going to stay on site for 7. So we are checking into POP on Oct 6. I think we are going to go to spend the 8th, 9th and 10th at WDW. When would I be able to start booking FP? I know I can only book 3 days cause that’s the length of our tickets but would our 60 days out be from the start of our stay or the first park day.

TIA!

If I do not make it back to The Land for 11:40 am - 12:40 pm, and I cancel at 11:40 am, can I then make another FP for Tier 1?
No. You have to use or expire 1 Tier 1 PLUS 2 Tier 2s before booking another Tier 1.

Hi all! Usually when we go to WDW we totally submerge ourselves and have park tickets for each day. This time we decided to hit Universal and Legoland as well. We are only spending 3 days at the WDW parks but we are going to stay on site for 7. So we are checking into POP on Oct 6. I think we are going to go to spend the 8th, 9th and 10th at WDW. When would I be able to start booking FP? I know I can only book 3 days cause that’s the length of our tickets but would our 60 days out be from the start of our stay or the first park day.

TIA!
From Post#2:
Onsite Guests - 60 Days Before Check-in Date

No. You have to use or expire 1 Tier 1 PLUS 2 Tier 2s before booking another Tier 1.

Yes, thank you. Below is my information:

So, what I want to do is use 9:30 am FP, use 10:40 am FP and then when 11:40 am comes, I can cancel my third FP and book Tier 1 if I'm able, is that correct?

Yes, thank you. Below is my information:

So, what I want to do is use 9:30 am FP, use 10:40 am FP and then when 11:40 am comes, I can cancel my third FP and book Tier 1 if I'm able, is that correct?
No, the last FP needs to be used or expire. It expires after the hour window and a grace period. Even then it might not fall off so you'd be better using it or at least tapping it.

ETA: Cancelling never counts as being used or expiring so don't do that.

No, the last FP needs to be used or expire. It expires after the hour window and a grace period. Even then it might not fall off so you'd be better using it or at least tapping it.

ETA: Cancelling never counts as being used or expiring so don't do that.

Oh, thank you. That is where I had the disconnect.
So, at 12:40 pm, the FP is expired. I will not cancel it.
After 12:40 pm (and the 15-20 minute grace period), I can then book (hopefully) another FP, Tier 1 for anytime after 12:40 pm/grace period. Do I have it correct now? Thanks so much!

Oh, thank you. That is where I had the disconnect.
So, at 12:40 pm, the FP is expired. I will not cancel it.
After 12:40 pm (and the 15-20 minute grace period), I can then book (hopefully) another FP, Tier 1 for anytime after 12:40 pm/grace period. Do I have it correct now? Thanks so much!
Yes...hopefully.

Yes...hopefully.

Thank you so much! I would have canceled my last FP at the beginning of the start time and would have had no idea what I was doing wrong! Thanks so much! I'll let it time out and then see what I can do from there.

Thank you again.

Sorry if this has been asked in the last 322 pages! If regular park hours in September are 8am openings (plus 7am EMH), can I make my FP starting at 8am? Or are FP only available beginning at 9am every day?

Sorry if this has been asked in the last 322 pages! If regular park hours in September are 8am openings (plus 7am EMH), can I make my FP starting at 8am? Or are FP only available beginning at 9am every day?

FPs are available during regular park hours, no matter when those hours are. It’s addressed somewhere on the first page, as are the majority of FP FAQs. Usually no need to read beyond that.

I’m not going to lie, my mind is blown. This will be my 4th time going to Magic Kingdom and I’m just now realizing that I can use more than 3 FastPasses during my day at Magic Kingdom. I always thought you could only use the 3 FastPasses and then that was it. Wow, so much time wasted. I wish I would have realized this before now. Is this only Magic Kingdom or can you get additional FastPass at the other parks as well?

From what I’m understanding now, once you redeem the initial set of FastPass+ selections, you can make another FastPass+ selection for the same day at a kiosk or using your mobile phone. After you redeem that additional FastPass+ pick, you can also make more selections (but only one at a time). I hope I’m understanding this correctly.
Also that late morning to mid afternoon is the best time to make FastPass+ selections. Thanks!

I’m not going to lie, my mind is blown. This will be my 4th time going to Magic Kingdom and I’m just now realizing that I can use more than 3 FastPasses during my day at Magic Kingdom. I always thought you could only use the 3 FastPasses and then that was it. Wow, so much time wasted. I wish I would have realized this before now. Is this only Magic Kingdom or can you get additional FastPass at the other parks as well?

From what I’m understanding now, once you redeem the initial set of FastPass+ selections, you can make another FastPass+ selection for the same day at a kiosk or using your mobile phone. After you redeem that additional FastPass+ pick, you can also make more selections (but only one at a time). I hope I’m understanding this correctly.
Also that late morning to mid afternoon is the best time to make FastPass+ selections. Thanks!

All parks and all covered on the first page and yes, you got it.

I thought I saw where the FP Tier will change for DHS. 1) Has that already happened? 2) Also, what are the chances of getting DHS FPs today for Saturday, August 24 in the late afternoon evening? We like riding RnR, ToT, Star Tours, and haven't seen Toy Story Land yet, so anything there. We weren't going to go to DHS this trip, but I heard an Aerosmith song this morning on the way to work and now I really want to ride RnR!! :rotfl2:

If you Cancel your onsite stay less than 30 days prior to your original check-in date, you won’t lose your FPs.

If you’re planning to rebook an onsite stay anyway, book it before or immediately after you cancel your unwanted reservation.

Is the bold still true? I know it was, but I thought it was part of the change a few months back.

Is the bold still true? I know it was, but I thought it was part of the change a few months back.
I think it was all just that -- talk. I believe your FPs are safe if you cancel in less than 30 days, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter