FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm sure I'm asking something at that has already been asked, but I did a search and couldn't find it. What happens when you book at fastpass at the same time as park closing? Does that mean it is only good for the exact time on the fast pass, not the full hour? Thanks!

Hi, I'm sure I'm asking something at that has already been asked, but I did a search and couldn't find it. What happens when you book at fastpass at the same time as park closing? Does that mean it is only good for the exact time on the fast pass, not the full hour? Thanks!
The last FP Windows of the evening usually are for the last half hour prior to the official park closure. So you have a 30 minute window with a hard close at the moment the park closes.

Do fastpass times start as soon as the park opens? If a park opens at 8:00 is 8:00 the first time someone could potentially get a fastpass?

Do fastpass times start as soon as the park opens? If a park opens at 8:00 is 8:00 the first time someone could potentially get a fastpass?
Yes, FP times start when the park opens to the general public. There are no FP during Extra Magic Hours.

Also, there are some attractions that do not offer FP at park opening. These would include any shows that do not have scheduled performance times that coincide with their respective park’s opening as well as some attractions that have recently had their operating hours reduced. Dinosaur and Kali River Rapids are two that come to mind.

Want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.

I have 1 night RO stay (cheaper to add a RO night then rebook my package for the additional night). We are not going to the parks on this day.

The next day my package starts with tickets.

I can book my FP on the date of my RO reservation if I am reading the information correctly. Or will I need to wait till the day my package starts. Obviously if I need to wait it’s not a huge deal but it would be really nice to book one day earlier.

Apologies if this has been answered in this thread already - I did a search, and couldn't find the answer. If I do a triple split stay, all onsite and with all reservations being room only, will I be able to book for all 3 "legs" of my trip at 60 days before the start of the first stay? Thanks!

Apologies if this has been answered in this thread already - I did a search, and couldn't find the answer. If I do a triple split stay, all onsite and with all reservations being room only, will I be able to book for all 3 "legs" of my trip at 60 days before the start of the first stay? Thanks!
Yes. It’s covered in the Split Stay post of this thread. Any number of consecutive onsite stays keep the window open.

What are the general fast pass windows for arriving early or late? I have some anytime fast passes and I don’t want to accidentally redeem one while trying to use one of our regular FP. Thanks!

What are the general fast pass windows for arriving early or late? I have some anytime fast passes and I don’t want to accidentally redeem one while trying to use one of our regular FP. Thanks!
When you have Anytimes linked to your MDX account, the main thing you must remember is to use your regular FPs during their true 1 hour window - Do not be early nor late - this will ensure the FP system deducts the regular FP and not the Anytime.

Please post after your arrival to let us know if early activation was allowed. :-)
Just got back today from our Thanksgiving trip. The short answer is that yes! If you booked tickets prior to the October 16th change to specific date tickets they can be activated early. If you purchase "variable" date tickets after October 16th as part of a package they can also be activated early - I guess these are tickets that could be used anytime and not date specific. You really need to go to guest services to do this. I attempted to do this on the night we arrived and were staying offsite. We had Thanksgiving dinner at 1900 Park Fare and I visited the concierge at the Grand Floridian to attempt it. Let's just say she got ahead of herself and canceled fast passes that I had made. luckily it was for Sunday and my plan was to cancel these anyway and grab what I could for Saturday ( a crowd level 10 at MK). I went to GS at Disney Springs on Friday and after being deleted off the waiting list due to a glitch and waiting a bit longer than I should have not only were my tickets activated early, I managed to make the fast passes I expected to get at almost the expected times (Buzz, HM, and Pooh) but, I was also generously provided 3 multi experience fast passes for our family so we were able to walk on 7D, Space, and Splash on a Thanksgiving weekend.

Just got back today from our Thanksgiving trip. The short answer is that yes! If you booked tickets prior to the October 16th change to specific date tickets they can be activated early. If you purchase "variable" date tickets after October 16th as part of a package they can also be activated early - I guess these are tickets that could be used anytime and not date specific. You really need to go to guest services to do this. I attempted to do this on the night we arrived and were staying offsite. We had Thanksgiving dinner at 1900 Park Fare and I visited the concierge at the Grand Floridian to attempt it. Let's just say she got ahead of herself and canceled fast passes that I had made. luckily it was for Sunday and my plan was to cancel these anyway and grab what I could for Saturday ( a crowd level 10 at MK). I went to GS at Disney Springs on Friday and after being deleted off the waiting list due to a glitch and waiting a bit longer than I should have not only were my tickets activated early, I managed to make the fast passes I expected to get at almost the expected times (Buzz, HM, and Pooh) but, I was also generously provided 3 multi experience fast passes for our family so we were able to walk on 7D, Space, and Splash on a Thanksgiving weekend.
@DisFox, thank you for reporting your success! :goodvibes

So, confirming a 2-days early activation. Did the CM state that it’s still a 10-day early activation time frame for the pre-October 16th tickets?

@DisFox, thank you for reporting your success! :goodvibes

So, confirming a 2-days early activation. Did the CM state that it’s still a 10-day early activation time frame for the pre-October 16th tickets?
Yes - 10 days early and 14 days from activiation as it was previously.

Bit of a complex situation for Feb/Mar for me. I have a solo trip Feb 20-24, then a family trip Mar 9-15.

Feb trip is Pop/VGF & Mar is BCV. I have a DVC AP & cannot figure out if I’ll be able to make FP for both trips..?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter