FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read the relevant portion of the FAQ but wish to confirm nothing has changed recently because Disney IT is giving me a different answer.

I bought the DVC annual pass vouchers for my family. I have a 4 day trip in March for 2 of us at the Swan. I then have a trip for 4 of us doing a 10 day split stay Kidani/BLT/Beach Club. I thought since I am staying on site the whole time I could book fastpasses for all the days we are on site but the system is stopping me from making fastpasses for the March people 3 days into the April trip.

I called Disney IT and they told me I am limited to only 7 days of fastpasses even though I am staying on site. She suggested I cancel my March fastpasses to open up the April dates. Should I call again and try speaking to someone else?

I have read both FAQs but hitting a wall on Rider Swap/child Swap - is there a specific section for help on this? I need it explained to me like I'm 5.

What are you not understanding?

How to maximize FP+s using Ride swap. I.e., we know DS will be too short for ToT, so I book a FP for myself and DD for ToT, get a ride swap for DH to do it later, and book a FP for DH only to do something with DS? I mean, I kind of get it. But I'm just looking for a resource that lays it out there, similar to the other topics in the FAQ.

Here’s a thread in which the OP was nice enough to create a helpful Google doc. as a way to explain. The link is in post #1. Just click on the pics in the doc. to advance to the subsequent steps.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/rider-swap-graphically-explained.3606277/

This may do it, I have to look when I get home tonight as I can't access Google Docs from work. Thanks!

How to maximize FP+s using Ride swap. I.e., we know DS will be too short for ToT, so I book a FP for myself and DD for ToT, get a ride swap for DH to do it later, and book a FP for DH only to do something with DS? I mean, I kind of get it. But I'm just looking for a resource that lays it out there, similar to the other topics in the FAQ.

Sounds like you got the concept down. I use TPs for our plans and if we are touring that way, I make an “adult” and “kids” plan. That way I can lay out what we are going to do when and just make notes of who is doing the non-height rides. Makes it easy for me to figure out what FPs to get for each person.

Should I call again and try speaking to someone else?
Try again and explain your two onsite stays. If could be the Swan reservation that is causing the max to be in effect.

Those who have multiple onsite stays at Disney-owned properties have been able to book for all their onsite park days.

My friends are going the first week of April and staying at the Swan, I thought they could book FP at 60 days out now but they keep getting an error message in MDE, anyone know if the 60 day time frame is effective yet?

My friends are going the first week of April and staying at the Swan, I thought they could book FP at 60 days out now but they keep getting an error message in MDE, anyone know if the 60 day time frame is effective yet?
Did Swan link up correctly to their MDX account? Is each person’s name listed on the reservation and showing in MDX?

Are they showing an active 30-day window based on their tickets?

I've skimmed info and not seeing so i apologize if I missed. I have a friend going in a group of chaperones for a band trip and I think they all made their own MDE accts but now are wanting to book FP in groups. Are they out of luck or can they correct this. Don't you have to all be on the same MDE acct? Thanks for any help!! They're trying to book now.

I've skimmed info and not seeing so i apologize if I missed. I have a friend going in a group of chaperones for a band trip and I think they all made their own MDE accts but now are wanting to book FP in groups. Are they out of luck or can they correct this. Don't you have to all be on the same MDE acct? Thanks for any help!! They're trying to book now.
If they haven’t linked any tickets to the MDX accounts, tell them to choose 1 account and list everyone in that account. Then link their tickets to that 1 account.

How do FPs work for shows? If a show starts at 1 pm, and I need to arrive a few mins early to get in line, do I get a FP for 1pm or one for 12:45?

Doing a split stay. First at non-Disney hotel for 5 days then transferring to Disney hotel for 2 days.

Can I still book FPs 60 days out for the first 5 days that I will be staying at the non-Disney hotel since I'll still have the reservation at the Disney hotel, or will it only let me book 60 days in advance for only the 2 days I'm staying at the Disney resort?

Doing a split stay. First at non-Disney hotel for 5 days then transferring to Disney hotel for 2 days.

Can I still book FPs 60 days out for the first 5 days that I will be staying at the non-Disney hotel since I'll still have the reservation at the Disney hotel, or will it only let me book 60 days in advance for only the 2 days I'm staying at the Disney resort?

Assuming it is not one of the partner hotels (Swan, Dolphin, Disney Springs area, etc.), then it will have no idea that you've booked anywhere else. You'll need to wait until the 60 day point for your on-property stay, but at that point you will be able to book all days as the window runs from the current day through the end of your reservation - that is, if I have a reservation for April 15th at a Disney resort, I can start making FP+ selections tomorrow morning - but I can book any day from tomorrow through the 60 days to the day I check in, plus the length of my reservation. So if I have a non-Disney stay before my Disney stay, I can book FP+ for that starting tomorrow as well.

Quick question. If there are no FP available for a certain ride, should I just keep checking? Is it common for FP's to be available after they are out. Trying to get Frozen for Sunday at any time. Right now it says nothing.

Quick question. If there are no FP available for a certain ride, should I just keep checking? Is it common for FP's to be available after they are out. Trying to get Frozen for Sunday at any time. Right now it says nothing.
Yes, keep checking. The night before will typically have the most movement/changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!