FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did read the FAQ at the beginning, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding properly, so please forgive me.

Let's say I have Group 1 that has a FP for a ride (FOP, shall we say). MDE says:
Arrive between 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Let's say Group 2 has a FP for same ride. MDE says:
Arrive between 6:50 p.m. - 7:50 p.m.

Q1: Is that an overlapping "return" window? (I thought return window was like if you want to ride it twice in a row or something).

Q2: I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that let's say Group 1 actually arrives at 6:30 p.m. Let's say it actually takes an hour to get through the ride (so Group 1 is finished at 7:30 p.m.) Now, we have to watch one of the children for Group 2 (too young to ride), but Group 2 can still "arrive" because it's within the 1 hour arrival window? Is that true/correct?

Q3: In addition to the stated arrival window, there's a 5 minute prior and a 15 minute after grace period? So theoretically the arrival window could be: 6:25 p.m - 7:45 p.m. for the Group 1 folks?

Again, sorry for the dumb question, I just didn't quite see an example in the arrival window section and I'm bad and need examples.

A1: Yes...it means everyone could enter together between 6:50-7:30 if desired
A2: Yes (but you should also look into Rider Switch passes)
A3: Yes, but it is NOT guaranteed at all times.

I did read the FAQ at the beginning, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding properly, so please forgive me.

Let's say I have Group 1 that has a FP for a ride (FOP, shall we say). MDE says:
Arrive between 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Let's say Group 2 has a FP for same ride. MDE says:
Arrive between 6:50 p.m. - 7:50 p.m.

Q1: Is that an overlapping "return" window? (I thought return window was like if you want to ride it twice in a row or something).

Q2: I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that let's say Group 1 actually arrives at 6:30 p.m. Let's say it actually takes an hour to get through the ride (so Group 1 is finished at 7:30 p.m.) Now, we have to watch one of the children for Group 2 (too young to ride), but Group 2 can still "arrive" because it's within the 1 hour arrival window? Is that true/correct?

Q3: In addition to the stated arrival window, there's a 5 minute prior and a 15 minute after grace period? So theoretically the arrival window could be: 6:25 p.m - 7:45 p.m. for the Group 1 folks?

Again, sorry for the dumb question, I just didn't quite see an example in the arrival window section and I'm bad and need examples.
Q1: Yes. The scheduled hour is the time in which you can ride 1 time.
Q2: See ^^
Q3: Yes.

Your scenarios are a little off:
If you have a kid who is too short, your complete group qualifies for Rider Swap: Group 1 rides by using FPs and asks for a Rider Swap pass. Then, Group 1 rides while Group 2 waits with short kid. After Group 1 finishes, any 3 riders who are tall enough can ride by using the Swap pass - they enter via the FP line without needing booked FPs.

Is Toy Story midway mania a possible 4th fastpass add later in the day?
Wondering if the expansion has helped the waits.

Is Toy Story midway mania a possible 4th fastpass add later in the day?
Wondering if the expansion has helped the waits.

Have you considered rope dropping it? We were there for rope drop and were the very first ones on the ride. It was just me and DH, though so that makes a difference for sure.

I added on a few days to the beginning of my Nov trip at a different hotel. I am within 60 days of my FP reservations on the second stay. Was not planning on doing any park days in the beginning so my FP start with the 2nd reservation dates.

Turns out my DH can't get off work so I am going to cancel the beginning of the trip and stick with the original dates. When I went in to cancel this is the message I got:

FastPass+ selections associated with this reservation will be canceled.

Resort Reservation Details
The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

I haven't seen this message before. Both reservations are room only with UT tickets linked. I do not want my FP cancelled! Has anyone seen this before?

TIA!

I added on a few days to the beginning of my Nov trip at a different hotel. I am within 60 days of my FP reservations on the second stay. Was not planning on doing any park days in the beginning so my FP start with the 2nd reservation dates.

Turns out my DH can't get off work so I am going to cancel the beginning of the trip and stick with the original dates. When I went in to cancel this is the message I got:

FastPass+ selections associated with this reservation will be canceled.

Resort Reservation Details
The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

I haven't seen this message before. Both reservations are room only with UT tickets linked. I do not want my FP cancelled! Has anyone seen this before?

TIA!
It's a standard message that applies to those with booked packages. Because you have separately linked tickets, your FPs remain. :)

I have days remaining on active tickets in MDE that were from older non-expiring tix. I am going to WDW the end of Nov. as part of a Varsity Cheerleading event, which was booked directly through them. We will not have our park tickets that were included with our package (Coronado springs accommodations and park hopper tix) at the 60 day mark.

If I were to make FP ressies (which I could do since I have active tix in my account and an SSR ressie for the night before the package begins), how will I link the FP ressies to the hopper tix I will receive as part of this package once I receive them. I will need to utilize them for this trip as they expire. The older ones on my account do not. Hope this makes sense in writing...... any thoughts?

I have days remaining on active tickets in MDE that were from older non-expiring tix. I am going to WDW the end of Nov. as part of a Varsity Cheerleading event, which was booked directly through them. We will not have our park tickets that were included with our package (Coronado springs accommodations and park hopper tix) at the 60 day mark.

If I were to make FP ressies (which I could do since I have active tix in my account and an SSR ressie for the night before the package begins), how will I link the FP ressies to the hopper tix I will receive as part of this package once I receive them. I will need to utilize them for this trip as they expire. The older ones on my account do not. Hope this makes sense in writing...... any thoughts?

The FPs are not actually linked to the specific ticket, they are only linked to your account. But what you will need to do is link the package ticket to your MDE profile once you receive it, and you might need a CM to properly prioritize that ticket for you so it is used when you enter the park instead of the old ticket.

Thank you for the quick response @doconeill . So prior to entering a park, I should go to a window first to make sure the package ticket is priority or can they do this at the gate?

Thank you for the quick response @doconeill . So prior to entering a park, I should go to a window first to make sure the package ticket is priority or can they do this at the gate?

Definitely not at the gate...it's too late by then. :) Someone with more recent experience might be able to chime in about doing it via MDX if possible...

Definitely not at the gate...it's too late by then. :) Someone with more recent experience might be able to chime in about doing it via MDX if possible...

I'm not sure I've ever read that prioritizing via MDX is possible. Standard advice is to visit Guest Relations beforehand. I don't recall if ticket windows have this ability.

I'm not sure I've ever read that prioritizing via MDX is possible. Standard advice is to visit Guest Relations beforehand. I don't recall if ticket windows have this ability.

I don't recall it myself, but I've been away far too long. :) I agree, go to Guest Relations vs. a ticket booth.

@kddlm will need to go to Guest Relations to have her PHs prioritized as the "first use" tickets. It's the only way in which tickets can be prioritized.

I don't recall it myself, but I've been away far too long. :) I agree, go to Guest Relations vs. a ticket booth.

tenor.gif

;):goodvibes

Last edited:
Will those in a park see a different list of available times once they've used their first three FPs, than a person who is not even at WDW, but just curious?

Hi all,

I am checking in to the Dolphin hotel tomorrow. It's my understanding that the Dolphin doesn't provide MagicBands. I've booked my FastPasses and ADRS for Friday and Saturday - if I don't have a Magic Band, how do I use my fast pass selections? Do I pick up my tickets at the hotel? If someone could let me know, that would be very much appreciated! Thanks ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter