FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! We just booked a split stay trip for June 2018. We will be at CBR June 18-20 and have booked 8 day PH tix as part of that reservation, then we have a ticketless package at the Poly June 20-25 (with dining plan). I originally thought I would have two fast pass booking dates - 1 for each reservation, but after reading through this post now I think it might be possible for me to book my full 8 days based on my June 18th check in. Can someone confirm that I am understanding this correctly? Thanks!

Yep. :thumbsup2
  • Package Stay followed by Room-Only (RO) Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (package) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (RO) stay.

Sorry in advance if I'm not using the correct terminology or if this is obvious from the FAQ. Last time we went to WDW, FPs were paper. So it gets very confusing.

We have a five day booking, Saturday to Thursday, next March for a father daughter trip. Staying at the Animal Kingdom. I am also going to book two days before, Thursday and Friday, at an onsite resort with a cancel policy six days before. (Probably All Star if it matters.). We won't know until very close to the trip whether we can go Thursday and Friday and even if we can, changing flights may be prohibitive. So, probably 50/50 to cancel the first two days.

How should I do fastpasses? Does the system somehow "know" which relate to one room and which relate to the other room, so that if I cancel the All Stars it won't cancel my other fastpasses? From the FAQ, it says I can book for all 7 days 60 days before the All Stars room reservation? Should I? Or should I book the first two days FPs at 60 days before All Stars, then wait two days, then book last five days FPs 60 days before my Animal Kingdom room opens? If we end up cancelling the All Stars room, obviously we don't care if we lose Thursday and Friday fastpasses but we don't want to lose the Saturday to Thursday fastpasses.

Stupid question, but under my name I have a room only starting the day before our package with tickets starts, but the package is under my husbands name. Will we still be able to make FastPasses on the 60 day Mark of our room only? TIA.

Stupid question, but under my name I have a room only starting the day before our package with tickets starts, but the package is under my husbands name. Will we still be able to make FastPasses on the 60 day Mark of our room only? TIA.

This has nothing to do with names. You will be able to book from 60 days of your room only, but only for the package days.

The relevant portion from the Split Stays post:
RO Stay followed by Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (RO) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (package) stay. FPs can be booked for the package stay only; FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets are activated at Guest Relations.

Last edited:

This has nothing to do with names. You will be able to book from 60 days of your room only, but only for the package days.

The relevant portion from the Split Stays post:

This is the same as my situation but when I login to the Disney site it says I can make fast pass selections 60 days from my package check-in.
RO check-in is 11/24.
Package check-in is 11/25
So based on this my Fp day should be tomorrow (9/25) but Disney is saying it's 9/26.
Am I misunderstanding something?

This is the same as my situation but when I login to the Disney site it says I can make fast pass selections 60 days from my package check-in.
RO check-in is 11/24.
Package check-in is 11/25
So based on this my Fp day should be tomorrow (9/25) but Disney is saying it's 9/26.
Am I misunderstanding something?

Disney's site is. Trust it at your own risk.

I have FP+ for Epcot. Now we are considering going to AK that day instead. When I try to modify, I see only options in Epcot. Am I missing something, or must I cancel all my fastpasses for Epcot to try to find something for AK that day? Thank you!

Now, I'm getting a bit confused after reading different posts about the total number of days of FP you can make...

We have two sets of 10 days tickets linked to MDE, so 20 days total. Do you guys know for how many days we can actually make FP+? Once, we had like 12 days done, cancelled a day, and we tried to rebook a day, MDE says that we have exceed our FP allowment...

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Now, I'm getting a bit confused after reading different posts about the total number of days of FP you can make...

We have two sets of 10 days tickets linked to MDE, so 20 days total. Do you guys know for how many days we can actually make FP+? Once, we had like 12 days done, cancelled a day, and we tried to rebook a day, MDE says that we have exceed our FP allowment...

Thanks in advance :)
See this thread:
FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Checking Availability; Park Hopping; Additional Tier 1 Booking; FPs for Long Stays

I have 6- 6day park tickets for me, my wife, two kids, and my parents. My parents are only going for 4 days. Question is, could we use their FP's that I have scheduled on day 5 and 6 along with our FP's? Or would they have to be present and enter the park (scanning their finger prints at entrance)

I have 6- 6day park tickets for me, my wife, two kids, and my parents. My parents are only going for 4 days. Question is, could we use their FP's that I have scheduled on day 5 and 6 along with our FP's?
If your parents don't enter the park for days 5 and 6 and you use their FPs, Disney will flag their MDE Profiles and potentially "lock" their FP booking ability for future trips. Disney checks to ensure that FP usage meshes with tickets that have been used to enter the park.

If your parents enter the park on Days 5 & 6, and you then use their FPs, that is acceptable.

Thanks for the replies. I hate to think that two 2-day tickets will go to waste.

If it makes you feel better, you aren't actually wasting two 2-Day tickets (which would have been $298 in value), but 2 days on 6-Day tickets, which is "only" $80 in value...

Disney has for a long time had a "one ticket one person" policy.

I did read the FAQ at the beginning, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding properly, so please forgive me.

Let's say I have Group 1 that has a FP for a ride (FOP, shall we say). MDE says:
Arrive between 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Let's say Group 2 has a FP for same ride. MDE says:
Arrive between 6:50 p.m. - 7:50 p.m.

Q1: Is that an overlapping "return" window? (I thought return window was like if you want to ride it twice in a row or something).

Q2: I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that let's say Group 1 actually arrives at 6:30 p.m. Let's say it actually takes an hour to get through the ride (so Group 1 is finished at 7:30 p.m.) Now, we have to watch one of the children for Group 2 (too young to ride), but Group 2 can still "arrive" because it's within the 1 hour arrival window? Is that true/correct?

Q3: In addition to the stated arrival window, there's a 5 minute prior and a 15 minute after grace period? So theoretically the arrival window could be: 6:25 p.m - 7:45 p.m. for the Group 1 folks?

Again, sorry for the dumb question, I just didn't quite see an example in the arrival window section and I'm bad and need examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter