FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: During one of our last days at WDW I only want to have 2 fast passes in 1 park before we hop to another park. Can I try to book additional FP's in park 1 for park 2 before we go to the second park or am I forced to have 3 in the first park before I can try the second park? And do I have to be in the second park before I can add FP's there.?
Sorry if this has been covered before.

Question: During one of our last days at WDW I only want to have 2 fast passes in 1 park before we hop to another park. Can I try to book additional FP's in park 1 for park 2 before we go to the second park or am I forced to have 3 in the first park before I can try the second park? And do I have to be in the second park before I can add FP's there.?
Sorry if this has been covered before.

See the FP FAQ Addendum (linked to in my signature below), Post #4.

I think I saw this question answered before, but can't seem to the post... We are a party of 8 and have a PPO ADR for Akershus. We have the first 8am slot (yayyy!) in late July. It will be DD actual birthday so we want to do what she wants. She of course wants to ride all the headliners in EPCOT that morning. If we finish up at Akershus will they let us in line for FEA before 9am rope drop? I was thinking if we can get through that quick enough we can high tail it to do TT standby, then use our Soarin FP. We then plan on doing seas w/ nemo and turtle talk (to get through our tier 2s), and then try to get another FP for TT. Does this seem like a good plan? TIA!!!
Here's what you need to know about the Akershus / FEA game....arrive at Epcot no later than 7:30. Hightail it to Akershus when they allow PPOs in (about 7:50). Try to be one of the first to check in so you are one of the first seated. Ask for your check when you order your drinks. Eat fast and be prepared to skip at least one princesses. Leave Akershus by 8:45 to line up for FEA ahead of the RD crowd. They will likely hold you outside Norway instead of allowing you to proceed directly to the ride, but they will let you enter the queue before the RD crowd gets there (you will see them all barreling down on you as you line up! Lol). If you've never done Akershus before, I'm not sure I'd recommend this strategy, as the meal will not be relaxing or enjoyable. But if it's solely for the purpose of riding FEA without a FP, it will work if you follow the plan above. Good luck!

Here's what you need to know about the Akershus / FEA game....arrive at Epcot no later than 7:30. Hightail it to Akershus when they allow PPOs in (about 7:50). Try to be one of the first to check in so you are one of the first seated. Ask for your check when you order your drinks. Eat fast and be prepared to skip at least one princesses. Leave Akershus by 8:45 to line up for FEA ahead of the RD crowd. They will likely hold you outside Norway instead of allowing you to proceed directly to the ride, but they will let you enter the queue before the RD crowd gets there (you will see them all barreling down on you as you line up! Lol). If you've never done Akershus before, I'm not sure I'd recommend this strategy, as the meal will not be relaxing or enjoyable. But if it's solely for the purpose of riding FEA without a FP, it will work if you follow the plan above. Good luck!

Thank you, timing was exactly what I was looking for! We are staying at Beach Club so plan to be at IG entrance around 7:15, I don't want to risk it. We have done Akershus before but are going with family who has not, but they know to follow my lead.. If we can get in before 8, I see no reason why we can't be done by 8:45. Fingers crossed! lol I guess I was more concerned about how long the wait would be once we get to Test Track, I don't want to start DD birthday with an hour wait for any ride, because well you know... shes a princess and all :scared: :rotfl:

We are due to book our FP's in two weeks for August . However we are overlapping with friends down there who are arriving earlier than we are and are staying at a different on-site hotel. We are connected with them on MDE as friends and family, and I can see their hotel ressie on my MDE along with my own DVC ressie . Would like to try to schedule fast passes with them but they'll be booking their's about a week before we can book ours. Is it possible for them to book ours when they book theirs even though we aren't technically listed by name on their hotel reservation? We all have tickets assigned and linked to MDE. Thanks!

I need some clarification on FEA - what time does the ride start operating? I thought it was 11am, but I think I'm wrong.

Also, which FP+ would you try for first - FEA or FoP? My window opens on June 9th and I know from this thread to try and get the harder FP+ first and not go in chronological order of our trip.

I need some clarification on FEA - what time does the ride start operating? I thought it was 11am, but I think I'm wrong.

Also, which FP+ would you try for first - FEA or FoP? My window opens on June 9th and I know from this thread to try and get the harder FP+ first and not go in chronological order of our trip.

FEA starts operating daily at park open, but FPs for it are not offered until after 11:00a.

Both FEA and FOP are very high-demand FPs, so pretty much a toss-up on which to go for. I would guess FOP has a slight edge at the moment, but that could change in the coming months.

FEA starts operating daily at park open, but FPs for it are not offered until after 11:00a.

Both FEA and FOP are very high-demand FPs, so pretty much a toss-up on which to go for. I would guess FOP has a slight edge at the moment, but that could change in the coming months.

Ok thanks. That explains my confusion about FEA. I'll be trying for both FEA and FoP and will just have to decide on which to go for first.

14 days when your window opens.

Then, with each passing day you'll be able to book an additional day of FPs until you reach your total of 21.

See the FP FAQ Addendum linked in this thread and in mesaboy2's Signature.

just finished my first group of FP+
it took us 'only' 1 hour and 40 minutes to do two weeks worth of fastpasses..
totally insane if you ask me..

and by the way, the system permitted us to book 15 days of FPs at our 60 day window...

so tomorrow and for the next 7 days, i'll go in each day to add another day..

as for difficulty - couldn't get FOP for our first day, but was able to get it for other days during our trip...not necessarily at our preferred time, but that's ok...

Last edited:
Posting this one more time because I didn't get a reply last time: When I access My Disney Experience on my computer, out of our group of 5 people, 4 of them are on the "Family List" and one is instead listed under "Friends." Does anyone know how to change that one person from Friends to Family? I cannot figure out how to do it. It's confusing to have him in a separate list, because when I click on My Reservations, I have to keep using the drop-down menu to switch between the Family list and the Friend list to see what hotel reservations and park tickets each person has.

Posting this one more time because I didn't get a reply last time: When I access My Disney Experience on my computer, out of our group of 5 people, 4 of them are on the "Family List" and one is instead listed under "Friends." Does anyone know how to change that one person from Friends to Family? I cannot figure out how to do it. It's confusing to have him in a separate list, because when I click on My Reservations, I have to keep using the drop-down menu to switch between the Family list and the Friend list to see what hotel reservations and park tickets each person has.
Sherri - You may need to post your question as a New Thread as it's a general MDE question and FP regulars may not have much experience to assist you. :)

We've booked a trip that's really last minute. We're staying at All-Star Music 6/14 - 6/20. We haven't been to Disney in almost 4 years and we normally plan farther in advance but we weren't able to due to life circumstances. We haven't bought tickets yet but we're thinking about purchasing APs through AAA online. Does anyone know if we can make FastPass+ choices using the AP voucher from AAA? I realize that it's probably too late to get good choices anyway but thought we would try. As I mentioned, we haven't been to Disney in almost 4 years so I know that strategies and rules have changed. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hoping someone can help me calm my fears...

We are 37-ish days out. We booked late due to lack of funds, and when I was planning on booking all of our Fastpass, I fell seriously ill and was hospitalized for a week. I finally had the energy/attention span/off-drug long enough to try to book rides today. There's no room at all for Avatar rides, as expected, for our 5 days in July.

We are a party of 4 (25-67) with 1 temporarily in a wheelchair during the trip. How screwed are we to get a Fastpass for both attractions? I did get all the dining we wanted, as well as rides in other parks, but we have no idea when we can save up to visit again. Can we still try to get a fastpass day-of like in the old days, or is it ALL pre-reserved now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter