FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice needed. I have AP and an onsite stay, we will be offsite before for the week with friends. They are going to be buying tickets and I will add them to my MDE to book our FP. They have 2 adults, one 3yr and a 2 yr old. I can book FP right now for myself, hubby and daughter, and can book the others in like 5 days or so....Should I book them seperately, ours now and try to get theirs around ours ? Or wait and book all together ?

Please help me figure this out.

stay #1 - March 25-28 (63 days out)
DH, me, DD10, DD13 - staying AKL. all profiles have 1 day tix tied to 3/27 linked in MDX. We will rope drop AK to do FOP and would prefer not to get stuck dealing with GS this morning.

stay #2 - April 7-9 (76 days out)
DH, me - staying at S/D. stay not yet linked in MDX. Eligible to buy convention tix - plan to buy just 1 for me. 2-day, 1-park-per-day ticket through group. Website states they would be eligible for use beginning Mar31. Ticket not yet purchased or linked in MDX.

I want to reserve FPs for all tickets at 60 days before checkin. I do not want to have a problem where i find out too late that my 2 day ticket is used for entrance on Mar. 27 accidentally.

Question - with group tickets and date-specific tickets, does prioritization become an issue like it has been in the past when a person has multiple tickets linked to the same profile? What do the experts recommend to do from home and on arrival to ensure this doesn't become a problem? Hoping that asking now will prevent having issues once I get the FPs booked. Mar 27 is our one shot for kids to experience all we can of Pandora. Please let me know if there is a better thread for this question.

No. You only have 1 valid set of tickets for 3/27.

The 2nd set will only be valid for Stay#2. The system will only deduct a valid ticket on 3/27.

Thank you. I hope you're right. I guess it makes me nervous that Disney goes to such great links to keep convention ticket sales only to conventioneers and there's nothing on the actual order page that tells you the dates the ticket is valid. I've always wondered (since we travel this way regularly) if WDW intends for these tickets to be used only close to your convention time, but that they may not be coded to tell the computer that. I'm paranoid.

Thank you. I hope you're right. I guess it makes me nervous that Disney goes to such great links to keep convention ticket sales only to conventioneers and there's nothing on the actual order page that tells you the dates the ticket is valid. I've always wondered (since we travel this way regularly) if WDW intends for these tickets to be used only close to your convention time, but that they may not be coded to tell the computer that. I'm paranoid.
Then your only options are to go to Guest Relations or link the convention tickets to fake Profiles and use them for your 2nd trip.

... link the convention tickets to fake Profiles and use them for your 2nd trip.

I guess that’s my question. How do I do that when everything points back to one person in 2 different hotel stays? Link the fake profile as the person staying in hotel #2? Does that work?

I guess that’s my question. How do I do that when everything points back to one person in 2 different hotel stays? Link the fake profile as the person staying in hotel #2? Does that work?
Your best option is to go to Guest Relations to ensure the date-based ticket which is only valid for 3/27 is used.

RO Stay followed by Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (RO) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (package) stay. FPs can be booked for the package stay only; FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets purchased prior to October 16, 2018 have been activated when onsite. Theme Park Tickets purchased after October 15, 2018 cannot be activated early.

I’m a newbie (went to WDW last month for the first time ever) so bear with me! We have a split stay coming up - a 1 night resort only stay at All Star Movies on 9/28. Our package stay at Beach Club is 9/29-10/4. Am I reading this correctly that I can make my FP 60 days from 9/28 (July 30th) even though my tickets don’t begin till 9/29? MDE says I can but I’m afraid there’s a glitch.

Yes, right now because everyone listed in your MDX account shares your booking window. Get off DISboards and go tell them to buy their tickets now.
I just discovered that this morning! I was able to book my sister's family fast passes with mine even though they are arriving a day later than us!

What a great perk now! Arriving at slightly different days is probably pretty likely. (Though I suspect, over time, it could get exploited slightly.).
Still shocked how some of the hot Fast passes are still hard/impossible to get even at 60+X days (for example, I found no Slinky Dog Dash fast passes available at 60+3 (or 60+2 for my sister's family).

Just did this for the first time (haven't been to WDW in 5 years). I was surprised at how hard it was to use the web-site. Why on earth doesn't Disney show options that ARE available, not every single thing - but you can't choose it, because the times overlap. It was an exercise in frustration. Why can't they show what you already have, so you can make your selections without writing all the times down? Why can't you just choose your party once, and then choose three fast passes at a time? It was very frustrating to work with. I had my best luck in MK. FOP and SDD had no availability right at 6:00am. It's okay, having teens means that none of the things that we will miss will be devastating. And I'll just try modifying as we go - and see if we can pick something up. And rope drop. I'm thankful, as always, for all the info. here at the Dis!

I just discovered that this morning! I was able to book my sister's family fast passes with mine even though they are arriving a day later than us!

What a great perk now! Arriving at slightly different days is probably pretty likely. (Though I suspect, over time, it could get exploited slightly.).
Still shocked how some of the hot Fast passes are still hard/impossible to get even at 60+X days (for example, I found no Slinky Dog Dash fast passes available at 60+3 (or 60+2 for my sister's family).

Because it is very common for people to arrive on different dates this has been a feature since the inception of FP+, and documented in the first posts, for years now. There has been no indication this has been “exploited” in any impactful way.

We are arriving 2 days before MIL checks in onsite. Once she arrives, we will want to have FP together. How does this work? Can I make FP for her as part of a group when my window opens?
Are her tickets part of a package? If so, her window will not open until 60 days prior to HER check in date. If they were purchased separately, her window will open with yours, assuming you are linked as friends and family.

In the MDX app when I click to add FPs , the “Create FP Party” page comes up but none of my party members are available to select.

Is this a temporary glitch on the app or do I need to do something to fix this?

I don’t remember needing to do anything special last trip.

I know they are connected because I can see them listed in all my resort and dining reservations and I can access their ticket details.
Are your tickets part of a package? If so, this is what you will see until the exact moment that your booking window opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter