Fastest Way to get Coffee in the Morning?

WhitneyMB

Mouseketeer
I’ve been reading that the line for Starbucks in each of the parks is one of the longest lines first thing in the morning. As the only coffee drinker in the family, I’m trying to strategize about the fastest way to get a cup of coffee before heading to the park.

The first half of our trip is at the BWV. I know sometimes the Boardwalk Bakery lines can be crazy. If I mobile order ahead of time or buy a refillable mug will either of these help me get plain hot coffee very quickly?

Second half of the trip we’re at Bay Lake Tower. What’s the best strategy for grabbing coffee before we start walking to MK without making my family wait forever and hate me?

(Yes, I know I could bring coffee along, but I’ll need cream and sugar too and, as we’re not checking bags, that becomes awkward. Keeping the cream cool during the room change is an issue too, which is why I’d rather just buy a cup of Joffrey’s.)

Thank you fellow coffee drinkers!

I used the refillable cup at the bakery and would not have to wait in line. I’d just grab it. Maybe things are more strict with CoVid. The next 2 visits o got it from Bellevue lounge and still used my refillable mug but I think they are closed now?

We pack a mini keurig, sugar and bring non dairy creamer with us. There are of course sugar and non-dairy creamer in room too.

I used the refillable cup at the bakery and would not have to wait in line. I’d just grab it. Maybe things are more strict with CoVid.

Yes, exactly! I used to also just bring my refillable cup to the bakery (or quick service at whatever resort) and it was super easy pre-COVID. We haven’t been since January 2020, but I know you can’t serve yourself anymore.

Maybe someone can share how difficult it is to get a refill now? Or if mobile order would be a better strategy? Thanks!

:crazy:Starbuck's is crazy and people pay $100 to get in and then wait an hour for coffee...

If you are driving or rent a car and get to the grocery store, pick up bottled coffee and bring it into the parks. I've done that and as long as it is sealed, they have not given me a problem. One time I filled a water bottle with coffee and got a funny look but he let me in. We have our morning coffee but it is NEVER enough LOL!

We pack a mini keurig, sugar and bring non dairy creamer with us. There are of course sugar and non-dairy creamer in room too.

This is the fallback, but as we’re not checking backs for the 5 day trip, it would take up a lot of my luggage space! I also have to admit that I think non-dairy creamer tastes like :crazy2:

:crazy:Starbuck's is crazy and people pay $100 to get in and then wait an hour for coffee...

If you are driving or rent a car and get to the grocery store, pick up bottled coffee and bring it into the parks. I've done that and as long as it is sealed, they have not given me a problem. One time I filled a water bottle with coffee and got a funny look but he let me in. We have our morning coffee but it is NEVER enough LOL!

Yes! The Starbucks lines are insane. We won’t have a car and are arriving at 10pm at night, but after the first morning could buy a few sealed coffee drinks at the quick service store. Unfortunately, at BWV the Screen Door doesn’t open until 9am these days. I think I’ll have to brave the Bakery in some form for Day 1 anyway (refill? Mobile order?)

Last edited:
This is the fallback, but as we’re not checking backs for the 5 day trip, it would take up a lot of my luggage space! I also have to admit that I think non-dairy creamer tastes like :crazy2:
Just so you are aware, land o lakes sells boxes of shelf stable half and half cups. They're called "mini moos." I have brought them from home and had them delivered to WDW via instacart, so I know they are available in the area.
I too am the only coffee drinker in my family, So I get the problem.

Just so you are aware, land o lakes sells boxes of shelf stable half and half cups. They're called "mini moos." I have brought them from home and had them delivered to WDW via instacart, so I know they are available in the area.
I too am the only coffee drinker in my family, So I get the problem.
The coffee in the resorts taste like dirty creek water. I've stayed at all levels of resorts. No matter where it is the coffee is terrible. The water in Florida is awful. I'm blessed to live near the great lakes where are water is great.

I try to remember a small plastic bottle of vinegar to clean the coffeemaker in room and run it thru and again with plain water and use bottled water to make the coffee.
Their is a deluxe Mickeys FlavorCoffee pod in room if lucky ... but I also bring the brown packets of sugar “borrowed”from Starbucks. For some reason that sugar tastes better. I did discover the POP Century actually has those when you order oatmeal and their oatmeal is really good , just ask for lots more sugar packets
Usually the gift shops connected to DVC Resorts have a small container of HalfnHalf.

Last edited:
As PP said, you should be able to get half & half in the gift shop on the BoardWalk and in the gift shop at the Contemporary. People have reported that when Disney transfers bags for a split stay, their cold groceries stayed cold. However, if my biggest concern was the half & half, I'd personally just replace it when I got to BLT. There will be a coffee maker in your rooms, and there will be a refrigerator in your rooms. The fastest way to get coffee would be to make it yourself.

In the room before you get to the parks. Seriously just bring your own coffee stuff and get all set up in the room. Drink it on your way to the parks. You don't want to waste your morning waiting an hour for a Starbucks coffee. Most rooms have a coffee maker. Just take care of it before you leave your room. Easy peasy. We eat breakfast in our room before we go as well. Grocery delivery from Walmart was amazing

In the BWV, you'll have a Mr Coffee style coffee maker, usually 10-12 cup size, but sometime 4-6 cup size. If you want the larger, just ask housekeeping. You'll need your own coffee filters if you bring coffee from home. Otherwise, you'll get packets of Joffrey's that make 4-6 cups of coffee, plus individual coffee mate and sweetener. If you like something different, just bring your own.

Last edited:
I just drink the Joffrey's coffee that is left in the villa. There will be sugar packets and dry creamer available. If you don't like dry creamer, you can pick up small cartons of milk in the resort QS. This is, basically, the same coffee they brew in the resort QS. It's not the best coffee in the world, but it has caffeine in it, so it works for me!

We are picky about our coffee (well, DH is pickier than me) and used to travel often for work (40% of the time). I have purchased inexpensive drip coffee makers - think $20 Mr. Coffee - at a local grocery store (or Target) and then just leave it behind in the room when we leave. He always brings a travel mug and a thermos, too. So, a pot of coffee gives us both a morning cup and a thermos for later in the day. I also pick up cream since most hotels have a little fridge.

Usually, I pack coffee and filters.

That way we can have the kind of coffee we want, even with leaving the coffee maker behind we don't lose $$ based on the cost of buying coffee vs making it.

One thing, though: I have found I need bottled water for coffee in Orlando. I just buy gallon jugs of water to make it easier.

All the parks have a Joffrey's stand (I'm not sure about MK but all the others do) and that's what I do. I'm not a fan of Starbucks and love the Joffrey's. I also use the in room coffee maker. If the Florida water is an issue, just use bottled water or take a Britta filter cup or pitcher.

First day there buy small milk at the gift shop and trash it when you change rooms. Buy a new one at the next resort. You are already spending a lot of money for your vacation so don’t worry about a few bucks for throwing away unused milk

while you're at Bay Lake Tower just go over to the Contempo and either get your coffee or pick up a small children's milk carton then you have it for the rest of your stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter