Fastest route to PB from Surfside

ambermiller6970

Earning My Ears
We are staying 4 nights at Surfside in June and booked one night at Portofino Bay for the EP in the middle of our stay. Was going to do HRH, but PB was $70 cheaper. We have not stayed onsite before, so we are excited and bought season passes. Universal will get our $$ for the next 15 months :)

I was wondering the best way to get to PB from Surfside on check in morning. I figured we would take the shuttle from the resort to the drop off before bag check/temp check, then can we walk from there to PB? Do we need to go through security first and then walk there past/through HRH? Or would it be better if I Uber to the hotel myself and then take the boat or walk back and meet up with my family at the park? Thanks for any help!

I'd say the "fastest" route would be to take a taxi/uber to PBR, but that obviously wouldn't be the least expensive route (though probably not all that expensive either). I'd probably take a shuttle bus to Citywalk, you'd have to walk through the main Security entrance and then walk to the watertaxi stand and take the boat from Citywalk to PBR.

If you are just using the night at PBR as a "throw-away" room and not moving large luggage around, walking through Citywalk and its security shouldn't be an issue. I've never tried to get large pieces of luggage through security though. So that could be an issue. If you do have to pack-up and move large luggage items, I'd suggest using the taxi/uber option. It would probably be much easier moving around with that luggage.

No, no luggage. Maybe a backpack we will leave with Bell services. Will probably just use the room for a break mid-day.

You can take the shuttle to the parks and walk or boat over to PB. Uber would be faster and less wear and tear on your feet. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter